Thanks to SDS

Shaw66

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Did you not know this place existed while you were on the other place?  I never really cared to interact over there.  It was more of a place to go when TBD was quiet 

I didn't know this place existed until BBMB shut down. That's when I did a search for Buffalo Bills discussion forums, found several, checked them all out for a few days, and decided that TBD seemed to have the best quality.

BBMB was good for a while, but in its last few years it went downhill. Maybe I didn't notice that until I came here and saw how much better TBD is. I'm glad some of the better BBMB posters came over too.

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I didn't know this place existed until BBMB shut down. That's when I did a search for Buffalo Bills discussion forums, found several, checked them all out for a few days, and decided that TBD seemed to have the best quality.

BBMB was good for a while, but in its last few years it went downhill. Maybe I didn't notice that until I came here and saw how much better TBD is. I'm glad some of the better BBMB posters came over too.

That’s unfortunate, but better late than never!  I’ll be the first to admit I thought bbmb shutting down was the worst thing for TBD as the first few months of integrating the new posters negatively affected my enjoyment here.  As time went on, we (Scott, the mods, the community) regulated properly and most of the bad seeds are no longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

What was nice about BBMB was the volume.   There were a ton of posters, and there were plenty of active discussions.

What was bad about BBMB was the volume.  There were a ton of posters, and it was hard to find good active discussions among all the crud that some people thought fit to post.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

What was nice about BBMB was the volume.   There were a ton of posters, and there were plenty of active discussions.

What was bad about BBMB was the volume.  There were a ton of posters, and it was hard to find good active discussions among all the crud that some people thought fit to post.  

their were asshats who thought they owned the site and would ask all new comers -  What banned poster are you 

Funny that, said guy (jm2009) was banned from here in 3 months time. 

Yes, I’ll cheers to that — many thanks, Scott! I’ve been coming here daily for a long long time, though I rarely post. I really appreciate the hard work that goes into updating and moderating this site. Thanks for making this my online favorite Bills destination.

I was never on BBMB, but from what I understand, almost any critcism of the team/coaches/FO etc wasn't tolerated.

I'm also a member of the most popular Bills group on Facebook. Don't want to name names, but if you're in there, you know which one I mean. Absolute trash  of a page. Just people posting stale memes about Brady, showing off tattoos, and random pictures of them wearing Bills gear in what they always like to call "enemy territory." Or pictures of wings becuase "Get it? We're from Buffalo so that's our favorite food?"  On the rare occasion they actually talk about football, it's takes that make even the worst TSW article worthy of the cover story of Sports Illustrated.

It wasn't until I joined the latter group that I learned to appriciate the camraderie and well thought out posts on here. I don't post much on the main board. Mostly because most of you know so much more about football than I do, that I really don't have anything of value that hasn't already been said. But I've learned a lot from you guys over the years, and met some people that I'd genuinely call friends. Thanks to @SDS and all the other mods (especially @Canadian Bills Fan who I like to think got the job because of my hard work as a campaign manager) for keeping out the riff raff posts. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

their were asshats who thought they owned the site and would ask all new comers -  What banned poster are you 

Funny that, said guy (jm2009) was banned from here in 3 months time. 

I got banned for a starting a thread that compared Tyrod's stats to EJ Manuel's, or something like that. There were some terrible mods over there that banned people for no reason whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There really is no better place to talk Bills football. We don’t always agree on things but we all have one thing in common -our love for Rachel Bush. 

Ever since you  moved to New Orleans you have become more libertine. You are a dirty young man who aspires to be a dirty old man. As an objective observer you are on track to fulfilling your aspirations. ?

And by the way SDS we appreciate what you have done in building this site. I get a lot of joy from it. There are a lot of smart people who congregate here. And there are a lot of dumb people who congregate here. So there is a good mix to this location.  

Edited by JohnC

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I didn’t know BBMB existed until it shut down. When it did it was quite an eye opener! “Who are all these people?” I thought. Rough at first, but well managed by the hard working folks here.  

I will say, this is better than a Happy Birthday thread!   ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

the twobillsdrive chat board  is Very chill... High tech the Best Ive seen  and quite a few folks I have recognize from bbmb, billievers etc are here  Top shelf board Absolutely Thank you to the site owner mr SDS... How could Bills fans not Love a board like this....its filled with Homeys and u KNOW we Bills fans like nothing better than hanging out with each other and talking Bills football.

GO BILLS!~!~!~!~!!!

He prefers to go by the gender neutral honorific MX.   So it's MX SDS.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

I didn’t know BBMB existed until it shut down. When it did it was quite an eye opener! “Who are all these people?” I thought. Rough at first, but well managed by the hard working folks here.  

I will say, this is better than a Happy Birthday thread!   ?

I used to go to the Bills website just to get news about the team, since the local coverage is all NFC North. That's when I discovered BBMB - it was operated by the Bills' organization. I really didn't have a problem with the mods there, although there was one who seemed to have a double standard about insulting other posters. (I won't mention names, but it's NOT one of the two who now post over here.) I did get a minor infraction once, for posting a link to an Onion article about Fitz. (He was a Bill then.) The article (but not the link) had the F word in it, so I got a slap on the wrist. The mod who did it was cool about it, though.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed too, I mean I come here multiple times a day and couldn’t imagine not having this place to stay up to date and talk Bills.  Don’t get much of that here in Los Angeles.  Best forum of any kind I’ve ever been part of.  Kudos @SDS and the rest of the mods/admins for running this thing for us schmucks.  

I piggyback your sentiment and epitomize the word in bold.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I used to go to the Bills website just to get news about the team, since the local coverage is all NFC North. That's when I discovered BBMB - it was operated by the Bills' organization. I really didn't have a problem with the mods there, although there was one who seemed to have a double standard about insulting other posters. (I won't mention names, but it's NOT one of the two who now post over here.) I did get a minor infraction once, for posting a link to an Onion article about Fitz. (He was a Bill then.) The article (but not the link) had the F word in it, so I got a slap on the wrist. The mod who did it was cool about it, though.

MASH was about the worst mod on BBMB, guy was simply an #######.