Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills release 2nd unofficial depth chart

11 hours ago, MR8 said:

On a side note, Does anyone know how many snaps Patrick Dimarco took in week 1 of preseason. That's a spot I have been curious about but really forgot to watch.

I don't remember how many snaps he got, but he was in the game a few times.

I am a bit puzzled as to why Dimarco is still with the team. Do we really need a fullback? I think that Lee Smith could take Dimarco's place on the team and put him in certain packages they use.

Does anyone else think that we really need Dimarco?

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I wouldn't be so pretentious and or confident in the many posters here.

I could "guess" maybe 30 of the 53 with certainty. 

:)

You’re right...remember last year when everyone penciled in Jeremy Kerley, Corey Coleman, Nick O’Leary, and AJ as “locks.”  There are always surprises.

RB, WR, TE, LB and S are all going to be positions to watch 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I am a bit puzzled as to why Dimarco is still with the team. Do we really need a fullback? I think that Lee Smith could take Dimarco's place on the team and put him in certain packages they use.

I don’t think they need him but I can see them keeping him because:

1 - He’s a respected, locker room leader everyone seems to love.

2 - He’s a good Special Teamer

3 - Daboll loves to run the ball and DiMarco can not only play FB but also H-back/TE.   I can see him getting reps in certain run packages. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ColeB said:

Put it in a WordPad doc and cut and paste.  😀

or you can scroll up and save me the time 😎

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree, however I could see them keeping him to help block in the run game 100% due to the injuries we currently have at TE. 

I figured 4 TEs and 4 RBs no FB...

But with the TE issues, I could see Kroft being moved to the PUP or IR designated to return after preseason. If you lose Kroft and you have Knox banged up that puts you in a tough spot at TE, so maybe you keep a FB JUST IN CASE as an extra blocker if they struggle running the ball.

I may be over thinking it though.

Also DiMarco is big on special teams and you know how much McDermott loves his special teamers haha

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting that they list their Nickel D as starting D.

Even more interesting that their Nickel D takes Hyde off the field and leaves all the LBs out there.

Outside of that, no real surprises. Or at least none that matter at this point of camp/preseason.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:42 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

I wouldn't be so pretentious and or confident in the many posters here.

I could "guess" maybe 30 of the 53 with certainty. 

:)

Shady, I would be stunned if you couldn't do at least 40.  

I think you ca do that in your sleep...we just wouldn't know how to get it out of you!

On 8/12/2019 at 5:35 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Looking at this, I think there are still some battles ensuing. 

I doubt they have a final decision on how many WR/RB/TE they carry. I could certainly see them carrying four RBs. Beane has mentioned on more than one occasion the possibility of only carrying five WRs.

They still have Long as the #2 center. But, Feliciano covered Morse in preseason game one, and Long played guard, and both did decent jobs in those positions.

I have a hard time believing that Yeldon is fourth in depth.

I doubt NCB is entirely settled. Or #2CB, for that matter. If Kevin Johnson took #2CB, would they use Wallace as NCB? Could KJ take NCB?

Lots of people were pretty happy with the Nsekhe-LT/Ford-LG combo. Was that really only to move Feliciano to center for PS game one? 

On 8/12/2019 at 5:40 AM, Chandler#81 said:

I’m fairly certain we can all guess 50 of the 53. Many probably could immediately following the Draft.

Sure, but who will be The Surprise Cuts? They happen every year. Maybe it deserves its own thread?

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/12/2019 at 10:48 AM, MR8 said:

I have no idea what you're even talking about.... I never said Zay did... but Zay is a McDermott guy since they traded up to draft him, it's pretty obvious he highly values him.

But I honestly have no idea what you're getting at here. 

Zay was signed because his college coach was signed to be the WR coach and then was  unable to help him make the transition from college WR to NFL WR.  The coach was valued so much he was let go. 

Zay is being given a shot but hardly is Coach McD's guy.

19 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You’re right...remember last year when everyone penciled in Jeremy Kerley, Corey Coleman, Nick O’Leary, and AJ as “locks.”  There are always surprises.

I had Coleman penciled in as "lock" all right.  Figured he'd be in jail before 1st season game.  Did everyone else also had him locked up?