Bills release 2nd unofficial depth chart

YoloinOhio

On a side note, Does anyone know how many snaps Patrick Dimarco took in week 1 of preseason. That's a spot I have been curious about but really forgot to watch.

Also after his fumble I expected Yeldon to slide down below Perry... I wouldn't be surprised to see him be traded or cut after week 2 of preseason. 

Sal on WGR this morning was talking about how Singletary turned heads and there is a feeling that he's making the case to be a true starter in the NFL early. If he keeps the pressure on he can make the decision on what to do with RB very hard on the coaches. I still don't think they will trade Shady, but if Singletary is threatening to take a lot of snaps, it becomes a very interesting discussion about how they'll divide up carries and who they will or wont keep.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I'm pretty done with Zay.  He had a disaster of a rookie season, and while he bounced back pretty well least year, he was still unremarkable and never made a statement that he was "sure handed". 

I don't want to make an entire case about why he should be cut based on 1 preseason game, so I am not going to make that the only evidence that he hasn't progressed, but the drop at the goal line was just another example of what we've consistently seen from him for 2 seasons.

On top of that there have been murmurs that in TC he has been unremarkable and hasn't separated himself there either.  

The feather he has in his cap is that McDermott and Beane have shown they tend to favor "their guys" and Zay is one of "their guys", and on top of that Josh targeted Zay 5 times in the first game... there is A LOT of comfort he has with Zay, and I don't think they'll move on from a guy that Josh trusts.  Whether or not we agree with that trust, if Josh likes him, he'll get every opportunity to prove he can be better than what we're seeing.

I would be perfectly fine with a Zay Jones cut, and move Foster into that #3 spot to grow into the role.  He too has been a bit of a disappointment thus far in camp and preseason, but his ceiling is light-years beyond Zay, and when forced into a starting role he took the bull by the horns.  I think hes a guy who needs to be pushed to rise to the occasion... so DO IT. 

The Zay hate is strong in this one...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m fairly certain we can all guess 50 of the 53. Many probably could immediately following the Draft.

I'd be willing to be there will be at least one player on the final 53 that is not currently on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MR8 said:

Wont lie... yeah, it is... 

You know he’s going to be one of our top 3 WR’s all season unless he gets injured, right? I’m just saying...well, hate is a powerful and exhausting emotion and it’s a long season.  Might want to try some transindental meditation?  Just lookin out for ya...?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MR8 said:

The feather he has in his cap is that McDermott and Beane have shown they tend to favor "their guys" and Zay is one of "their guys", and on top of that Josh targeted Zay 5 times in the first game... there is A LOT of comfort he has with Zay, and I don't think they'll move on from a guy that Josh trusts.  Whether or not we agree with that trust, if Josh likes him, he'll get every opportunity to prove he can be better than what we're seeing.

I would be perfectly fine with a Zay Jones cut, and move Foster into that #3 spot to grow into the role.  He too has been a bit of a disappointment thus far in camp and preseason, but his ceiling is light-years beyond Zay, and when forced into a starting role he took the bull by the horns.  I think hes a guy who needs to be pushed to rise to the occasion... so DO IT. 

Do you have some examples of McDermott/Beane favoring "their guys" over someone else?

Literally 90% of the roster is made-up of guys they brought in, and that includes EVERY SINGLE receiver we have.

Robert Foster is one of "their guys" just as much as Zay Jones.

Not a fan of any depth chart that doesn't include McKenzie.  The guy just pops off the screen when you watch him. 

A little nervous about DE Johnson and LB Joseph - If they don't make the 53, I hope our staff feels they can sneak them onto the PS.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Not a fan of any depth chart that doesn't include McKenzie.  The guy just pops off the screen when you watch him. 

A little nervous about DE Johnson and LB Joseph - If they don't make the 53, I hope our staff feels they can sneak them onto the PS.

I just can't imagine a world where Vosean Joseph doesn't make this roster. This staff is not one to give up on a 5th round pick in his first year.

I think Joseph will be just like last year's 5th round pick, Siran Neal: He'll make the roster even though he doesn't play on defense because he contributes on special teams. Then, with a full offseason to bulk up and learn the nuances of the game better, he'll be ready to contribute on defense NEXT season.

Johnson, on the other hand, is more of an open question. I'd like to think that if it's a "tie" between him and Love, they'd go with Johnson, simply based on youth and upside.

• Like (+1) 1

Just glancing, but I am thinking, based upon the talent spread now:

3 - ST (duh)

24 - OFF

(9 OL*, 6 WR, 4 RB, 2 QB, 3 TE*)

26 - DEF

(9 DL, 7 LB, 10 DB)

*  with the wild card being whether they want to keep 1 additional TE and/or 1 additional OL, which I think they would either take from LB or D line.

EDIT:  Something has to shake out with Love, Johnson and Yarborough.  I know you can PS Johnson, but man if he keeps playing like he did on Thursday...seriously he is going to be gone like that LB (Lee?) that went to NE from our PS.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You know he’s going to be one of our top 3 WR’s all season unless he gets injured, right? I’m just saying...well, hate is a powerful and exhausting emotion and it’s a long season.  Might want to try some transindental meditation?  Just lookin out for ya...?

source.gif

14 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Do you have some examples of McDermott/Beane favoring "their guys" over someone else?

Literally 90% of the roster is made-up of guys they brought in, and that includes EVERY SINGLE receiver we have.

Robert Foster is one of "their guys" just as much as Zay Jones.

You mean like signing Panthers guys McDermott loves that  Mike Tolbert, Star Lotulelei, Dean Marlowe, Kurt Coleman, Captain Munnerlyn, Derek Anderson,.... I mean do I really need to keep going?

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The only mistake is Ray2 over McKenzie. They keep McCloud on this team they'll regret it.

Agreed.  

15 minutes ago, MR8 said:

source.gif

You mean like signing Panthers guys McDermott loves that  Mike Tolbert, Star Lotulelei, Dean Marlowe, Kurt Coleman, Captain Munnerlyn, Derek Anderson,.... I mean do I really need to keep going?

When did Zay play for the Panthers?

33 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Or a good bong hit in the AM with a strong cup of coffee   :lol: 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When did Zay play for the Panthers?

I have no idea what you're even talking about.... I never said Zay did... but Zay is a McDermott guy since they traded up to draft him, it's pretty obvious he highly values him.

But I honestly have no idea what you're getting at here. 

2 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I have no idea what you're even talking about.... I never said Zay did... but Zay is a McDermott guy since they traded up to draft him, it's pretty obvious he highly values him.

Did you not read the post you were quoting?  Foster is a McDermott guy.  So is Cam Phillips and Ray Ray McCloud.  Every player that’s has only been on the Bills, is a McBeane player.  

So, you’re saying that Zay is MORE of a McBeane guy that Robert Foster?  I don’t understand 

5 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Or do you have to be traded up for to be a true McBeane guy?

43 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You aren't wrong but what out of this analysis did you disagree with? To be a WR you have to catch the ball and Zay just has real issues. Maybe it is mental and he needs to get over it but he hasn't shown that he is over it yet. Guy is 50/50 to catch the ball when it matters. Like 3rd down or in the redzone/endzone.

57 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I'm pretty done with Zay.  He had a disaster of a rookie season, and while he bounced back pretty well least year, he was still unremarkable and never made a statement that he was "sure handed". 

I don't want to make an entire case about why he should be cut based on 1 preseason game, so I am not going to make that the only evidence that he hasn't progressed, but the drop at the goal line was just another example of what we've consistently seen from him for 2 seasons.

On top of that there have been murmurs that in TC he has been unremarkable and hasn't separated himself there either.  

Edited by DieHardBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1