What would you rather do if forced?

Beast

it's going to be a number one for me dog.  have you every seen a car just repeatedly cross lines and drive on the shoulder for a period of time?  you drive up and sure enough...they're still screwing around with their phone.  

Edited by teef
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, teef said:

it's going to be a number one for me dog.  have you every seen a car just repeatedly cross lines and drive on the shoulder for a period of time?  you drive up and sure enough...they're still screwing around with their phone.  

My experience (on a three lane highway every day) is that they take the middle lane.  My assumption is that they're selfishly giving themselves room for error on either side.  Tell-tale sign that someone is texting is speed inconsistency.  If I'm behind someone in the middle lane and they suddenly reduce speed, as I pass them, they're almost always texting.

On nice days when my window is down, if their window is down, I like to you, "STOP ***** TEXTING!!!"

It probably does nothing more than make me feel a little better, but ***** it.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My experience (on a three lane highway every day) is that they take the middle lane.  My assumption is that they're selfishly giving themselves room for error on either side.  Tell-tale sign that someone is texting is speed inconsistency.  If I'm behind someone in the middle lane and they suddenly reduce speed, as I pass them, they're almost always texting.

On nice days when my window is down, if their window is down, I like to you, "STOP ***** TEXTING!!!"

It probably does nothing more than make me feel a little better, but ***** it.

that's exactly what happens.  the moment they see you speeding by, they'll start speeding back up, just about sending me through the roof.  i got caught at a green arrow the other day because someone was texting,  the arrow turned green, and she just sat there.  i was the second in line,  honking, and nothing. she finally clued in, but it was just in time to end the green arrow, and she was the only one that got through in a long line of waiting cars.  i was ready to murder someone.

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

1.   The texter takes his eyes off the road 100% of the time he's texting.  It's like driving with your eyes closed.

Texting drivers are the reason I sold my motorcycle and stopped riding.  They're also the reason it takes me forever to get to work and home from work.

JC... You're insane.  This is so stupid beyond belief!  We even have a poster @Sig1Hunter with his whole career revolving around this saying that #2 is better.

Anyway... You drive like 60 miles one way to work.  Even going 60mph for every second of the drive, it will take you an hour each way... How much faster do you want to go?  Warp Speed.

Impaired driver with alcohol is always impaired.  Even if a texter reacts, they still have better reaction time.

Wow... As society some are really irrational and emotionally driven (sorry for the pun).  We're really fugged I tell you. Logic escapes many.

18 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I think I'd go for a walk

Hike against traffic.

Bike with traffic.

Enjoy!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

JC... You're insane.  This is so stupid beyond belief!  We even have a poster @Sig1Hunter with his whole career revolving around this saying that #2 is better.

Anyway... You drive like 60 miles one way to work.  Even going 60mph for every second of the drive, it will take you an hour each way... How much faster do you want to go?  Warp Speed.

Impaired driver with alcohol is always impaired.  Even if a texter reacts, they still have better reaction time.

Wow... As society some are really are irrational and emotional driven (sorry for the pun).  We're really fugged I tell you. Logic escapes many.

Well, I guess we know your answer to the would you S a D question.

Texters are not looking at the road. That's not impaired vision.  It's NO vision.  Which is worse.

You don't need to be a cop to have ***** logic.

Just now, Gugny said:

Well, I guess we know your answer to the would you S a D question.

Texters are not looking at the road. That's not impaired vision.  It's NO vision.  Which is worse.

You don't need to be a cop to have ***** logic.

This is insane.  They are looking at road better than the drunk.

It's not no vision.  Where are you getting this from. Some vehicles have the text come up on system.  Teenagers can text behind their backs.

Option one.

0.13% isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things. And while he may be impaired, must buzzed drivers know they're impared so they have their hands at 10 and 2 and keep their eyes on the road. The only thing to worry about essentially would be reaction time, and slamming the breaks if necessary. Someone texting isn't even looking at the road.

Of course my option is neither, but I was asked to choose between the two.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This is insane.  They are looking at road better than the drunk.

It's not no vision.  Where are you getting this from. Some vehicles have the text come up on system.  Teenagers can text behind their backs.

I am delayed due to rear-end accidents at least 5 times/week.  It's a straight ***** line.  Only taking one's eyes off the road will result in an accident of that kind.

I'm getting this from driving 120 miles round trip every day I go to work (PTO and holidays give me ~35 days off).

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I am delayed due to rear-end accidents at least 5 times/week.  It's a straight ***** line.  Only taking one's eyes off the road will result in an accident of that kind.

I'm getting this from driving 120 miles round trip every day I go to work (PTO and holidays give me ~35 days off).

Don't let it wreck your day. Sounds like it wrecks your day?

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Don't let it wreck your day. Sounds like it wrecks your day?

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

Wreck my day?  No.  Piss me off?  You betcha.

With no idiocy on the roads, it takes me an hour each way, door to door. 

And God caused the ***** accidents, anyway, by making so many ***** idiots!

32 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow... As society some are really irrational and emotionally driven (sorry for the pun).  We're really fugged I tell you. Logic escapes many.

Hike against traffic.

Bike with traffic.

Enjoy!

I guess my 29 years in law enforcement don’t mean a thing then.

I’d much rather get into a vehicle with someone that is a .13 BAC than I would someone texting.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Wreck my day?  No.  Piss me off?  You betcha.

With no idiocy on the roads, it takes me an hour each way, door to door. 

And God caused the ***** accidents, anyway, by making so many ***** idiots!

Dream perfection.  Dream grace.

Hate to say... You're kinda too far to be commuting that distance.  I find that to be absolute idiocy.

A 60 mile commute and expecting to be door to door every time, in a State with a maximum speed of 65 mpg, is unreasonable.  Even if you live/work in a straight line right off the exits. It's unreasonable to expect it every time you go to work. 

Really... That's the definition of idiocy.  Being unreasonable.

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I guess my 29 years in law enforcement don’t mean a thing then.

I’d much rather get into a vehicle with someone that is a .13 BAC than I would someone texting.

2-1 the other way.  @LeviF91 and @Sig1Hunter disagree.

The guy at .13 is ready to fall asleep!  Alcohol is a depressant.

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hate to say... You're kinda too far to be commuting that distance.  I find that to be absolute idiocy.

A 60 mile commute and expecting to be door to door every time, in a State with a maximum speed of 65 mpg, is unreasonable.  Even if you live/work in a straight line right off the exits. It's unreasonable to expect it every time you go to work. 

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

.13 is not ready to fall asleep. LOL

The legal limit of .08 really even isn't that much. It's purposely low because they'd rather be safe than sorry. 0.13 is roughly two beers in the past hour for the average person. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A 60 mile commute and expecting to be door to door every time, in a State with a maximum speed of 65 mpg, is unreasonable.

What unit of speed is "mpg?"

You're unreasonable.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Nah lol.No where near. Just ready to keep partying. Seen much higher and still those ppl were not ready to fall asleep. However, it does depend on the person and how much they can handle. I guess maybe some smaller ppl or those who don't have a decent tolerance could possibly be ready to go to sleep.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Ooops typo.  mph.  I am on Galaxy 6.  "G" is a hair away from "H" on onscreen QWERTY.

Only an idiot would not recognize that as a typo.

For all I know you measure time in gallons, lock-boy.