What would you rather do if forced?

Beast

18 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

2. I could take the phone away from the child,therefor no more distractions as far as that part goes anyways.

For the sake of this exercise, let’s say you were passed out and had no idea as to either.

Or, maybe better, let’s say you were operating a car on a two lane highway. You have a car coming from the opposite direction. What would you consider the more dangerous situation. The driver having a .13% BAC or the driver texting.

I use Uber A LOT! It’s cheap all things considered. Had my mom over for lunch with family today. A mimosa or two....get her back home for $11 mid day. 

But to the point: You can take the phone away from a texting fool, most likely preventing a fender bender. A .13 driver is crazy dangerous. Sadly, at some point in my life I probably did this. Those were different times. 

Option #3 would be someone on weed, but I wouldn’t know how to quantify that. 

This is a cop out, but it depends on the person.  I'd probably feel more safe riding with a 50 year old with a .13 BAC, who has been drinking for 30 years than I would a 25 year old in the same situation. On the other hand I'd feel safer with a 25 year old who grew up texting than I would if they had a .13 BAC.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

2. The drunk is always impaired. The texter is only impaired during the moments that they are looking at their phone.

1.   The texter takes his eyes off the road 100% of the time he's texting.  It's like driving with your eyes closed.

Texting drivers are the reason I sold my motorcycle and stopped riding.  They're also the reason it takes me forever to get to work and home from work.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

For the sake of this exercise, let’s say you were passed out and had no idea as to either.

Or, maybe better, let’s say you were operating a car on a two lane highway. You have a car coming from the opposite direction. What would you consider the more dangerous situation. The driver having a .13% BAC or the driver texting.

I don't know, I guess they would be about equal as far as dangerous. But .13 is a little bit high but I've seen higher. So I guess maybe the driver texting might be a little more dangerous since their eyes are not on the road at all at certain times while texting.

But what if the person was drunk with a.13 bac AND texting at the sametime? Disaster waiting to happen I suppose.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Honestly, most of us have probably been in a car with each of those at some point, unfortunately 

luckily, despite the obvious risk, you are still very likely to make it home. 

That said.... I’m not trying to get in either car... and the extent of the texting makes a big difference in this comparison.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is a cop out, but it depends on the person.  I'd probably feel more safe riding with a 50 year old with a .13 BAC, who has been drinking for 30 years than I would a 25 year old in the same situation. On the other hand I'd feel safer with a 25 year old who grew up texting than I would if they had a .13 BAC.

Huh? 25 year olds now are crappy drivers... Who cares if they can text like the Dickens! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

1.   The texter takes his eyes off the road 100% of the time he's texting.  It's like driving with your eyes closed.

Texting drivers are the reason I sold my motorcycle and stopped riding.  They're also the reason it takes me forever to get to work and home from work.

People on phones in general and texting in particular was a major reason why I stopped riding and sold my motorcycle as well - and I loved riding. 

1 may be able to handle this no sweat as normal life

a semi-famous preacher a decade ago entered the hospital and was found to be in late stage cirrhosis of the liver from heavy boozing for 40 years, a total shock to all around him

He sounded kinda sloshed to me on podcasts 

18 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

1- Get into the passenger seat with a driver who has a BAC of .13%

2- Be a passenger in a car that the driver is sending and reading text messages.

3 - have some dirt on the Clintons !!!

• Haha (+1) 2