AZ Cardinals Front Office in trouble again

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree that both are bad. I don’t think it’s something someone should loose their job over. Definitely a warning type thing and then harsher penalties after if it happens again. 

Really? Do you know how many innocent families and individuals are butchered by drunk driver's every year?

I'll just tell you. Over 10,000, and many of them children.

These people shouldn't just lose their jobs, they should be locked up. Follow the f***ing law!

And for those saying texting and driving is the same, it's not. Distracted driving (in all forms) accounts for about 3,000 deaths a year, less than a third of what drunks cause. Also stupid, and also against the law.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

No matter how much you earn, if you are drunk, take an Uber or call a favor and get a ride. 

I even think a lot of places give free ride to people who are drunk...but i guess when you are in that state you clearly aren't thinking properly...thats why its called "while intoxicated"...you can't drive properly and you can't think properly.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Really? Do you know how many innocent families and individuals are butchered by drunk driver's every year?

I'll just tell you. Over 10,000, and many of them children.

These people shouldn't just lose their jobs, they should be locked up. Follow the f***ing law!

And for those saying texting and driving is the same, it's not. Distracted driving (in all forms) accounts for about 3,000 deaths a year, less than a third of what drunks cause. Also stupid, and also against the law.

These two things are amongst my worst fears while driving. I am a very safe driver and am almost OCD aware of wht is going on around me at all times on the road...knock on wood ive never been involved in a serious accident and the only minor accidents i have been in involved me getting rear ended by others while stopped (3 times on personal time and once while driving a box truck for work). None of these were very hard and only minimal damage was done to the car.

This is my biggest fear tho...i treat everyone on the road around me like they are an idiot and are going to do something stupid so im constantly prepared for things like people switching lanes without looking, pulling out from a stop sign without looking, running red lights, etc but when you are stopped with cars in front of you and no where to go, all it takes is someone texting or drunk barrelling into you at 40 or 50 mph and you are in a lot of trouble through no fault of your own and nothing you can do about it. Also witnessed an accident happen literally a car in front of me on Bailey Ave in Bufflo where a car looked like the tie road broke in the other lane and the car lost control and ended up crossing into our lane and side swiping the car directly in front of me at about 40 mph sending the car into a light pole nd sending that crashing to the ground...luckily i saw the car starting to lose control further up the road and slowed down a lot to put distance between myself and the car in front of me...i was probably 30 feet from it and going about 10 mph when it happened so i easily stopped.  I was so shook by that i had to pull over on the side of the road for about 10 minutes...never know what is going to happen when you leave the house or job or store, gotta be prepared for anything.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

As I recall, Rosen was the “Most NFL Ready” QB of draft. It didn’t take long for other young QB’s to work through weak rosters and problematic front offices (See Baker Mayfield, Peyton Manning, even Josh Allen O line). Stop grasping at straws. Rosen has the mental fortitude and drive of a possum. 

Image result for possum meme

13 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

As I recall, Rosen was the “Most NFL Ready” QB of draft. It didn’t take long for other young QB’s to work through weak rosters and problematic front offices (See Baker Mayfield, Peyton Manning, even Josh Allen O line). Stop grasping at straws. Rosen has the mental fortitude and drive of a possum. 

Did you watch any of the Miami-Atlanta preseason game with Rosen under center?  I did.  He looks like a totally different player.  I'm not saying he's going to be a great QB but I think that he's back in the group of 2018 first round QBs ready to take the next step to become competent NFL QBs.

46 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Did you watch any of the Miami-Atlanta preseason game with Rosen under center?  I did.  He looks like a totally different player.  I'm not saying he's going to be a great QB but I think that he's back in the group of 2018 first round QBs ready to take the next step to become competent NFL QBs.

I did not. But to blame Rosen's struggles on a front office mishap (DUI) or a poor offensive line as CBiscuit did smacks in the face of the media narrative that Rosen was most NFL ready. As I said, Baker did ok with a screwy front office and Josh A. showed stability/professionalism given the hand he was dealt at O line (4 of last year's O line are now gone!).

I think some of the Rosen fans need to re-evaluate why they were such big fans. Was he hyped by the media or did he really demonstrate "NFL ready" characteristics but was unable to blossom given his team? (when other, less touted QB's succeeded in similar conditions).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Beer in one hand, phone in the other.... Now that takes some talent.

I once saw a woman with a cigarette in one hand, her phone in the other and her child in the car seat behind her.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I did not. But to blame Rosen's struggles on a front office mishap (DUI) or a poor offensive line as CBiscuit did smacks in the face of the media narrative that Rosen was most NFL ready. As I said, Baker did ok with a screwy front office and Josh A. showed stability/professionalism given the hand he was dealt at O line (4 of last year's O line are now gone!).

I think some of the Rosen fans need to re-evaluate why they were such big fans. Was he hyped by the media or did he really demonstrate "NFL ready" characteristics but was unable to blossom given his team? (when other, less touted QB's succeeded in similar conditions).

He played one year for a team that fired their OC 4 games into the year and promoted a guy who has never been an OC; had a defensive 1st time defensive head coach who got fired after one season; his star rb coming back from a major injury; one of the worst o lines in nfl; old Fitz (they drafted 3 wrs this year); and still had similar passing stats to Allen, who some are ready to put in Canton.  Making judgement off any rookie qb’s season is kinda insane, much less that dysfunctional of one.  

And it’s the worthless preseason but he looked pretty good in game 1.  

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think there was definitely something dysfunctional in Arizona.  My guess is that it might not have been the FO but Kiem did hire Steve Wilks, so   That Arizona squad was a manure show from the get-go, and with many of the same players still with the team, it looks like an entirely different team under Kingbury.  Rosen looks like a totally different player under Brian Flores in Miami.

AFAIK, "NFL ready" simply means that a QB played well in a pro style offense in college.  Nathan Peterman was also described as "NFL ready".

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Drinking and driving ...... Texting while driving......... what’s the difference.

Drinking and driving is more excusable to individuals who consider themselves "adults" than texting and driving, which they associate with irresponsible teens and twenty-somethings.  It's always amazing to me when I hear well-educated, "respectable" people my age -- 50s-70s -- who complain about "the gub'ment" lowering the BAC level and increasing penalties for drunk driving.   These aren't  alcoholics; they're arrogant and self-centered.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Oh, please. Rosen's situation in AZ was by far the worst of any of the young QBs. Their 2018 OL made ours look like keepers.

He's better off in Miami, in a rebuild ... and that is a very sad commentary on your previous situation.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I once saw a woman with a cigarette in one hand, her phone in the other and her child in the car seat behind her.

I am a daily bike commuter, and some of the stuff I see blows my mind. There was a guy a few weeks ago who was vaping with a coffee in the other hand and his phone in the same hand talking to it, seemingly dictating a text. We are surrounded by morons. Some of them even find their way here on TBD. 

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I am a daily bike commuter, and some of the stuff I see blows my mind. There was a guy a few weeks ago who was vaping with a coffee in the other hand and his phone in the same hand talking to it, seemingly dictating a text. We are surrounded by morons. Some of them even find their way here on TBD. 

Bike, as in motorcycle?  Or are you part of the Spandex Mafia?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bike, as in motorcycle?  Or are you part of the Spandex Mafia?

Spandex mafia...but I cover up the spandex with over-shorts. I have a very nice car that sits in my very nice driveway and cost me very much less because I bicycle commute. Parking in my city is $18 a day downtown. Between that and gas, I save about $30 a day. Add to that the fact that I am in really good shape for a mid 40s guy. Some people hate, but they’re probably lazy and not as pretty as me?

Edited by MiltonWaddams

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Spandex mafia...but I cover up the spandex with over-shorts. I have a very nice car that sits in my very nice driveway and cost me very much less because I bicycle commute. Parking in my city is $18 a day downtown. Between that and gas, I save about $30 a day. Add to that the fact that I am in really good shape for a mid 40s guy. Some people hate, but they’re probably lazy and not as pretty as me?

How dare you call @Chef Jim lazy and ugly?!?!??!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How dare you call @Chef Jim lazy and ugly?!?!??!

You just called him a hater. Not really sure who wins this battle

Edit: And not being as pretty as me doesn’t make you ugly it just doesn’t make you stunningly handsome?

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Haha (+1) 1