AZ Cardinals Front Office in trouble again

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, very Stable situation Rosen had there.  Can definitely see why he is going to be a bust now.  Any rookie would have thrived there. 

Good thing the Dolphins have it all together...... ?

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

These two things are amongst my worst fears while driving. I am a very safe driver and am almost OCD aware of wht is going on around me at all times on the road...knock on wood ive never been involved in a serious accident and the only minor accidents i have been in involved me getting rear ended by others while stopped (3 times on personal time and once while driving a box truck for work). None of these were very hard and only minimal damage was done to the car.

This is my biggest fear tho...i treat everyone on the road around me like they are an idiot and are going to do something stupid so im constantly prepared for things like people switching lanes without looking, pulling out from a stop sign without looking, running red lights, etc but when you are stopped with cars in front of you and no where to go, all it takes is someone texting or drunk barrelling into you at 40 or 50 mph and you are in a lot of trouble through no fault of your own and nothing you can do about it. Also witnessed an accident happen literally a car in front of me on Bailey Ave in Bufflo where a car looked like the tie road broke in the other lane and the car lost control and ended up crossing into our lane and side swiping the car directly in front of me at about 40 mph sending the car into a light pole nd sending that crashing to the ground...luckily i saw the car starting to lose control further up the road and slowed down a lot to put distance between myself and the car in front of me...i was probably 30 feet from it and going about 10 mph when it happened so i easily stopped.  I was so shook by that i had to pull over on the side of the road for about 10 minutes...never know what is going to happen when you leave the house or job or store, gotta be prepared for anything.

Yes. And to put this in perspective, the total US casualties for the war in Iraq is 4,423. In Afghanistan it's 2,351. So annually there are more people killed by drunk drivers than both of those wars combined for US casualties. And those wars spanned years.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Drinking and driving is more excusable to individuals who consider themselves "adults" than texting and driving, which they associate with irresponsible teens and twenty-somethings.  It's always amazing to me when I hear well-educated, "respectable" people my age -- 50s-70s -- who complain about "the gub'ment" lowering the BAC level and increasing penalties for drunk driving.   These aren't  alcoholics; they're arrogant and self-centered.

You can add willfully ignorant as well.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

DWI is bad but imagine if every time someone was arrested for it their employer had to come out and basically apologize for their employees behavior.

Twitter would need a new server.

In this case, it is obviously a consequence of the employer being in a business that is a scrutinized by the public as much or more than any other.  I'm now retired, but I was in a rather public position, albeit on a much smaller scale.  Had I ever been convicted of DUI or DWI, the consequences for me and my employer would have been very high as well.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like their head coach.  We’ll see though but I think he has a chance to be a good one.  It is a good low risk move for Miami.  

Oh I entirely agree, I am just saying I have my doubts about the Phins as an organization right now... we'll see how things shape up but they seem a bit ass backwards still... not as bad as teams like Houston the Jests, or Booz-azona... but still not quite on the rails. 

One thing you can say about Beane and McDermott, that kind of silliness just does not happen to this organization anymore.  Well almost, the last bit of it will leave when McCoy leaves.

Remember the good old days of Dareus getting stoned and drag racing?  lol

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I did not. But to blame Rosen's struggles on a front office mishap (DUI) or a poor offensive line as CBiscuit did smacks in the face of the media narrative that Rosen was most NFL ready. As I said, Baker did ok with a screwy front office and Josh A. showed stability/professionalism given the hand he was dealt at O line (4 of last year's O line are now gone!).

I think some of the Rosen fans need to re-evaluate why they were such big fans. Was he hyped by the media or did he really demonstrate "NFL ready" characteristics but was unable to blossom given his team? (when other, less touted QB's succeeded in similar conditions).

Agreed.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like their head coach.  We’ll see though but I think he has a chance to be a good one.  It is a good low risk move for Miami.  

I do, too.  I think Miami is going to surprise a lot of people this season.  I don't think that their organization is as dysfunctional as Bills fans would like to believe it is.  A lot of their problems over the last few years have stemmed from hitching their  wagon to Tannehill who's a "coach killer" type of QB: just good enough that HCs and GMs sink resources into trying to build around them only to have them turn up to be "not good enough".  If Josh Allen is going to come up short as an NFL QB, then I want him to fail quick and clean like Losman and Manuel, not be "just good enough" that the Bills give him a second contract in hopes that with more time and talent he improves, which was Sanchez for the Jests and Tannehill for the Fins.

1 hour ago, Element115 said:

One thing you can say about Beane and McDermott, that kind of silliness just does not happen to this organization anymore.  Well almost, the last bit of it will leave when McCoy leaves.

Remember the good old days of Dareus getting stoned and drag racing?  lol

Well, winning playoff games just does not happen to this organization any more, either.   I remember "the good old days" of Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Benett et al when the Bills were big winners despite their rowdy ways.  I'll praise Beane and McDermott when their vaunted "culture" produces regular winners on the field.

46 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Well, winning playoff games just does not happen to this organization any more, either.   I remember "the good old days" of Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Benett et al when the Bills were big winners despite their rowdy ways.  I'll praise Beane and McDermott when their vaunted "culture" produces regular winners on the field.

I don't really think I was praising them.  And yeah, I do remember the SB years.  If they didn't party so much they just may have won one of those games...

14 hours ago, MJS said:

Really? Do you know how many innocent families and individuals are butchered by drunk driver's every year?

I'll just tell you. Over 10,000, and many of them children.

These people shouldn't just lose their jobs, they should be locked up. Follow the f***ing law!

And for those saying texting and driving is the same, it's not. Distracted driving (in all forms) accounts for about 3,000 deaths a year, less than a third of what drunks cause. Also stupid, and also against the law.

There is a huge difference in that guy who goes out to dinner and drinks 4 beers and chances it right around the legal limit and a guy at a bar who drinks 10 IPA’s and two shots of Jack. 

When i’m Bowling on Thursday nights I drink 3 beers, one per game. I know I’m right on that limit but I could easily pass a sobriety test. 

The guy doing 10 IPA’s and 2 shots would barely be able to get out of the car. Plus he is blowing twice the legal limit.

57 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

There is a huge difference in that guy who goes out to dinner and drinks 4 beers and chances it right around the legal limit and a guy at a bar who drinks 10 IPA’s and two shots of Jack. 

When i’m Bowling on Thursday nights I drink 3 beers, one per game. I know I’m right on that limit but I could easily pass a sobriety test. 

The guy doing 10 IPA’s and 2 shots would barely be able to get out of the car. Plus he is blowing twice the legal limit.

That's not the topic. People driving below the legal limit are not the issue. And that's not what we're talking about. And frankly, that's not what YOU were talking about either. You said that people arrested while driving intoxicated (over the legal limit of alcohol in their system) should receive a warning and not lose their jobs. I stated that they should lose their jobs and go to jail.

And I don't like your idea of "chancing it". That's what makes people do dumb things. Nobody should "chance it". More caution is needed with alcohol, not less.

On 8/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

DWI is bad but imagine if every time someone was arrested for it their employer had to come out and basically apologize for their employees behavior.

Twitter would need a new server.

Not if they limited to officers of the business. I doubt the Cardinals would apologize if one of the ushers or ticketing agents got ticket.

They are basically saying "We pay him enough to not cause embarrASSment.  Use a driver, call a limo or do something else."

On 8/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Uber is your friend.

Uber actually is blocked at my house.  Some marketing dweeb called me up trying to get me to sign up as a driver. The same person called again from another number which makes him a stalker IMO.

18 hours ago, MJS said:

And for those saying texting and driving is the same, it's not. Distracted driving (in all forms) accounts for about 3,000 deaths a year, less than a third of what drunks cause. Also stupid, and also against the law.

That is partly because it is harder to prove than DWI.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

That's not the topic. People driving below the legal limit are not the issue. And that's not what we're talking about. And frankly, that's not what YOU were talking about either. You said that people arrested while driving intoxicated (over the legal limit of alcohol in their system) should receive a warning and not lose their jobs. I stated that they should lose their jobs and go to jail.

And I don't like your idea of "chancing it". That's what makes people do dumb things. Nobody should "chance it". More caution is needed with alcohol, not less.

Actually, it's not the attitude toward alcohol that's the problem.  It's the attitude toward driving that's the problem.  Driving is a serious matter.  If you want to drink at venues other than your home, then you should make arrangements beforehand and leave your car at home unless your spouse is your DD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

...maybe he should share the bottle......

Cards G.M. positive about QB, not the rest of team

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 16, 2019, 12:16 PM EDT

Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim is still encouraged about the progress of rookie quarterback Kyler Murray.

The rest of his roster, on the other hand, . . .

Keim said during an interview on 98.7 Arizona Sports that he’s still positive about the signs Murray’s showing, after a lackluster performance in last night’s game against the Raiders.

I have a tremendous amount of confidence in our quarterback,” Keim said, via Darren Urban of the team’s official website. “He has a supreme amount of confidence. For him to have a night like that is, to me, what you want early on. To see the different looks, different pressures, and to go through growing pains. That’s the only way a young guy like that can evolve.”

He certainly only has one way to go after a 3-of-8 for 12 yard passing night, with a 4-yard run to augment a pretty measly stat line. Between the lack of production and the false start penalties for clapping, it was a second game to forget.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/16/cards-g-m-positive-about-qb-not-the-rest-of-team/#comments