Bills Training Camp Day 13 (8/11)

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yep. I know people hate preseason but it's essential for us to get some other guys reps at C because you have to think Morse won't make it through 16 games (and the playoffs!!!) unscathed

two games is perfect for preseason, then 18 regular games. Need to increase the roster to a Full 60 including game day.

This 53 then 45 for game day is so stupid and archaic , i cant believe it has lasted this long. Needs to be addressed at the next agreement.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Knox must be looking over his shoulder 

No chance Knox is cut but if they are getting production from a different rookie and Kroft and Smith are active then Knox could become an IR situation.    You aren't supposed to use IR like that but the threshold for injury for an IR trip is pretty subjective(think Marquise Goodwin who with Buffalo was once on IR and then was posting video of him doing hurdles on social media in October).   

12 minutes ago, ALF said:

Zay will be on the 53 

How Robert Foster looks the next few weeks might dictate that.   He and Zay are basically the only full-size receivers that are in the roster fight right now.     If Foster looks good I wouldn't be very surprised if Jones is dealt for a player or late pick.

I also would not be surprised if they only kept 5 from what they have and jumped on someone else's player for spot #6.     I know they have flashed in camp so far but you can pick up guys like McKenzie and Ray Ray off the street.   Small, quick WR are in excellent supply.    See the Bills acquisition of McKenzie last year.

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Damn it, I knew I missed one. Thanks

Yeah I might barf if Foster doesn't make this team:lol:........I don't get too worked up by the Bills but the handling of the WR corps has been a big weakness of McBeane so far.........he's their only high end talent at WR and the only WR I could see still with the team more than 3 years from now.    Even if Foster doesn't fully hit stride by the start of the season they could keep him inactive and just keep Ray Ray or someone else's Ray Ray on the practice squad until needed.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm still not buying the John Brown hype.

I love me some John Brown......it hurt when he chose Baltimore in 2018......... but as your clear cut #1 WR??   That's not enough, IMO.

With the Cardinals they had Larry Fitzgerald and a bunch of guys(including Brown) who could  be #2's on a poor WR corps and if a couple of them stepped up then it worked great for their QB...........that's the kind of setup you want with a young QB.

If Allen evolves into a great QB early it won't matter that they don't have a stud #1 but that's a lot to expect of him in year 2.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes, yes, yes Scott...for crissake if we know anything it’s that you haven’t “bought in” to what Beane and McDermott have done. But thanks for continuing to repeat your skepticism, it’s a welcome respite to, you know, actually looking forward to a season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I hope we keep McKenzie over Zay Jones.  Right now, my WR lineup would be Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Foster, Roberts, and Phillips.  

I couldnt find the crack pipe emoji.

19 hours ago, Mickey said:

There are only two problems with Zay Jones:

1. He can't get open.
  2. He can't catch.

Other than that, he is an excellent receiver.

He's open a lot.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Other things ScottLaw is not currently buying...

1.  The earth is round

2.  The internal combustion engine

3.  The moon landing

4.  Penicillin

5.  Velcro

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6