Bills Training Camp Day 13 (8/11)

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

RayRay still has practice squad eligibility, if I’m not mistaken 

McKenzie does seem to be that "Swiss army knife" kind of player other have been talking about.

RayRay is eligible along with others.  Bills should have a decent WR on PS this year if needed.

After last years WR debacle things are looking up.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

The WR rotation this year could be all over the place.

If it continues to develop this way, that’s a helluva lot of film study every week for our opponents and next to no time for them to get DB personnel matchups they prefer on the field.

Edited by Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Mckenzie also has been used as a punt and kick returner as welli think.  

Anyone know if hes been used on ST?

To me he seems to have a leg up on the bubble WR as our 6th WR

Yes he has... he had trouble with ball security though as a returner. He’s on the depth chart behind Roberts.

I think McKenzie could be this season's breakout receiver. Quick as a hiccup, gets open, creates separation and can do a number of things for Daboll. Remember how much different those jet sweeps looked once we went from Zay to McKenzie?

50 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I could be wrong but i hope we keep McKenzie over Ray-Ray

I hope we keep McKenzie over Zay Jones.  Right now, my WR lineup would be Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Foster, Roberts, and Phillips.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I hope we keep McKenzie over Zay Jones.  Right now, my WR lineup would be Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Foster, Roberts, and Phillips.  

To be honest with you, I'm warming up to the idea of trading Zay away for something useful. I wouldn't have thought it was a reasonable idea before, but there seems to be a good 3-way competition going between McKenzie, Ray-Ray, and Phillips. If they can get a useful depth piece or 4th round pick for Zay, they ought to consider it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Liking ford at guard and ty on the right now. 

They're MAULERS!!! I could see Ford being elite from week 1 on at G. 

Ty could be the steal of FA. 

Bottom line , a massive upgrade on the right side of the line . 

32 minutes ago, DJB said:

Mckenzie also has been used as a punt and kick returner as welli think.  

Anyone know if hes been used on ST?

To me he seems to have a leg up on the bubble WR as our 6th WR

He was the primary PR vs the Colts Thurs. He had 2 or 3 excellent returns. Has serious quickness and speed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

About time they put Long at center. He was terrible at center for the Jets last year but I think that had more to do with his injury than his ability to play the center position

Yep. I know people hate preseason but it's essential for us to get some other guys reps at C because you have to think Morse won't make it through 16 games (and the playoffs!!!) unscathed

Let's just assume McKenzie and Ray Ray are about equal right now( I believe McKenzie is actually ahead BTW).

I'm keeping the guy that runs a 4.3 over the guy that runs a 4.7. That's a significant difference in speed for guys of similar stature.

I'd be pretty disappointed if they kept Ray Ray/ditched McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm loving the overall depth on this team. Still a ways to go on offense - one more offseason should fix it - but even so, compared to last preseason when so many areas felt a bit patchwork, this actually is developing into a good, deep NFL team.

When you look back on the dark days of regimes like Jauron or Rex Ryan, this has a great feel about it. I'll be genuinely surprised if they don't challenge for the playoffs this season (rather than being simply disappointed, as has been the case for most of the last two decades)

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Let's just assume McKenzie and Ray Ray are about equal right now( I believe McKenzie is actually ahead BTW).

I'm keeping the guy that runs a 4.3 over the guy that runs a 4.7. That's a significant difference in speed for guys of similar stature.

I'd be pretty disappointed if they kept Ray Ray/ditched McKenzie.

McKenzie ran a 4.47, but I get your point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

McKenzie is a more polished receiver right now than Ray Ray.  Ray Ray basically threw away his learning year.  Now that Ray Ray's work ethic is right, he could use a year on the PS, but I am afraid someone will ***** him. (sn*tch)

Zay fits the culture.  That is really important to this staff. He dropped what was essentially a perfect ball on Thursday night, but he also got open a lot -- he had good separation on 4 of his 5 targets...Caught two, was overthrown on one, dropped one and one was incomplete.  Josh targeted him on 5 of his 11 throws.  I think he's an important piece.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1