Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Bills Blog

Peterman 50-yard run! 😂

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

And after that?

 

 

What do you mean "And after that"? You said he was kept from facing ANY starters.

 

Each QB's preseason performance and position on the "depth chart" after training camp determined how soon and how much action each saw against the opposition's starting unit; Peterman from most accounts, was the most consistent QB during training camp: He got the first preseason start, McCarron was next, and Josh Allen---who the coaches were bringing along slowly---was last to start.

 

Peterman had a really good showing in his first start; McCarron put up pedestrian numbers before getting hurt in his first start and Josh Allen was granted the chance to move up the depth chart, in relief of McCarron ahead of Peterman; Josh Allen started the very next game, had a bad showing, and Peterman came in to relieve him in that game; McCarron recovered from his injury in time to play the final preseason game, and was given the whole game to make up for loss time due to the injury and to reestablish himself in the competition after his poor performance. 

 

McDermott played each QB from a logical standpoint, based on what each showed. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even this guy was feeling toasty watching that:P. (But not @Kirby Jackson, lol)

6472af2eca954721398f96a6cf75116b--christ

 

In all seriousness, what is it about preseason that Peterman rocks like a boss??

playing against twos and threes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Nope.

 

Totally false.

 

He started game 1 of the 2018 preseason against Carolina.

 

 

Perhaps you consider Kuechly, Davis, Short, Addison, etc to be backups, but Carolina didn't.

 

Scroll up.  This was just covered in this very thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

 

This to go along with a passing TD and a rating of 115.3, lol

ya'll wait and see. as soon as carr gets hurt peterman will take the raiders to the post season.....and have an epic shootout with the chad kelly lead colts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

....and have an epic shootout with the chad kelly lead colts.

Mother, the young Corporal Kelly continues to lead valiantly in light of my recent hobbling...

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey if they ever have preseason playoffs Peterman might be valuable.

Peterman is the reason that NOTHING done in preseason actually matters.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

 

 

What do you mean "And after that"? You said he was kept from facing ANY starters.

 

Each QB's preseason performance and position on the "depth chart" after training camp determined how soon and how much action each saw against the opposition's starting unit; Peterman from most accounts, was the most consistent QB during training camp: He got the first preseason start, McCarron was next, and Josh Allen---who the coaches were bringing along slowly---was last to start.

 

Peterman had a really good showing in his first start; McCarron put up pedestrian numbers before getting hurt in his first start and Josh Allen was granted the chance to move up the depth chart, in relief of McCarron ahead of Peterman; Josh Allen started the very next game, had a bad showing, and Peterman came in to relieve him in that game; McCarron recovered from his injury in time to play the final preseason game, and was given the whole game to make up for loss time due to the injury and to reestablish himself in the competition after his poor performance. 

 

McDermott played each QB from a logical standpoint, based on what each showed. 

 

 

I mean "and after that",  he was done facing other teams' starters for the rest of the preseason.  Simple.

 

He played the first 2 series of the whole preseason against starting players and was yanked after his first INT.  He then racked up decent numbers against scrubs. This allowed McD to tout him as the starter because he did not want to start the rookie.  The folly of that plan was immediately evident once the season started.

 

 

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hey if they ever have preseason playoffs Peterman might be valuable.

Peterman is the reason that NOTHING done in preseason actually matters.

 

Better not head over to that Oliver vs Nelson thread!!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I wish this whole laughing at Peterman thing would stop. He is a thoroughly decent kid who tries his best but is simply not cut out for the NFL. Doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed.

Poor Peterman !!!  must make him SAD knowing everyone is laughing at him , EXEPT on the payday he’s probably the ONE who’s doing the laughing all the way to the BANK 🏦 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hey if they ever have preseason playoffs Peterman might be valuable.

Peterman is the reason that NOTHING done in preseason actually matters.

Win the offseason.  Win the preseason.  Win the playoffs. This is getting confusing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Putin said:

Poor Peterman !!!  must make him SAD knowing everyone is laughing at him , EXEPT on the payday he’s probably the ONE who’s doing the laughing all the way to the BANK 🏦 

This story would make a good book. Very entertaining and fun read! Just something for Peterman to consider down the road!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s literally the worst player that’s ever played the position.

 

- 356 QBs have thrown at least 130 passes over the last 40 NFL seasons. Nate Peterman ranks DEAD LAST with a passer rating of 32.5. Only one other player (Spergyon Wynn at 39.5) is below a rating of 42.

 

- Nate Peterman’s 9.2 INT % ranks DEAD LAST and only one other guy is above a 7 (Peter Tom Willis at 8.2).

 

Peterman is doing this in an era where guys are lighting it up in the passing game. To further the example, since he entered the league his passer rating is 32.5. The next lowest of ANY QB in that window with at least 130 pass attempts is 60. The next worst QB in the league has been TWICE as good as Nate.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

I mean "and after that",  he was done facing other teams' starters for the rest of the preseason.  Simple.

 

He played the first 2 series of the whole preseason against starting players and was yanked after his first INT.  He then racked up decent numbers against scrubs. This allowed McD to tout him as the starter because he did not want to start the rookie.  The folly of that plan was immediately evident once the season started.

 

 

 

Better not head over to that Oliver vs Nelson thread!!

 

Your initial suggestion was that McDermott kept Peterman from being exposed to a defense's starting unit even once in preseason last year. 

 

There would be no "And after that?", to be posed if what you stated were true. 

 

Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterman, the Preseason Champion!! Both Peterman and Trent Edwards looked great in preseason, but bombed out in the regular season.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not forget that Peterman has already made over 1 million so far for being terrible at his job. I think he’ll be okay if a few people make fun of him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

 

The game is a full second slower in the preseason. It's the same reason why EJ Manuel typically looked solid against backups.

 

Things happens slower, so the decisions are easier, and a weaker arm is sufficient.

There is a good chance that he is going to make the roster as a backup qb. That's what he is; and that is what his role will be in this league. He is a Matt Barkley type qb who has a specific role. Although his limitations are obvious (as are Barkley's) that doesn't mean that he can't carve out a useful niche and a lucrative career in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is a good chance that he is going to make the roster as a backup qb. That's what he is; and that is what his role will be in this league. He is a Matt Barkley type qb who has a specific role. Although his limitations are obvious (as are Barkley's) that doesn't mean that he can't carve out a useful niche and a lucrative career in the league. 

Matt Barkley is 174-291, 59.8% completion, 7.4 YPA, 10 TDs & 18 INTs, with a 68.3 rating in his career. 

 

Nate is 68-130, 52.3% completion, 4.2 YPA, 3 TDs & 12 INTs, with a 32.5 rating in his career.

 

Nate ISN’T a “Matt Barkley type.” That’s an insult to Barkley (who hasn’t exactly been Joe Montana). Barkley has been more than twice as effective as Nate. 

 

I promise that I'm done in this thread. Just want to provide FACTS to show just how bad Nate has been. Anyone can pick the worst QB that they can think of with at least 130 attempts and put them side-by-side. He will be worse. He was literally that bad. The worst that has ever played.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say good for him if playing football is something he loves that he hasn’t thrown in the towel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Matt Barkley is 174-291, 59.8% completion, 7.4 YPA, 10 TDs & 18 INTs, with a 68.3 rating in his career. 

 

Nate is 68-130, 52.3% completion, 4.2 YPA, 3 TDs & 12 INTs, with a 32.5 rating in his career.

 

Nate ISN’T a “Matt Barkley type.” That’s an insult to Barkley (who hasn’t exactly been Joe Montana). Barkley has been more than twice as effective as Nate. 

 

I promise that I'm done in this thread. Just want to provide FACTS to show just how bad Nate has been. Anyone can pick the worst QB that they can think of with at least 130 attempts and put them side-by-side. He will be worse. He was literally that bad. The worst that has ever played.

...perhaps a 2nd chance?....Barkley for Nate straight up?......sympathy vote ??....:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...