Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Bills Blog

Peterman 50-yard run! 😂

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

 

This to go along with a passing TD and a rating of 115.3, lol

We have seen this story before...wait til he tries to throw an out pattern in a real game

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I wish this whole laughing at Peterman thing would stop. He is a thoroughly decent kid who tries his best but is simply not cut out for the NFL. Doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed.

It would be a hell of a comeback story.  He's definitely a preseason warrior though as he had me convinced he could be a serviceable starter until Allen was ready after last preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Good for Nate having a decent outing and fighting the good fight. 

 

Nate seems like a good man. Hoping nothing but the best for the guy!!!!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

he can win for ya

 

Image result for jon gruden gif
 
 
 
 
Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I wish this whole laughing at Peterman thing would stop. He is a thoroughly decent kid who tries his best but is simply not cut out for the NFL. Doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed.

I agree. He is a decent guy who tries hard. He is just not NFL material, but maybe he can find a niche in a lower league. He seems to excel against lesser players in preseason. He deserves a little glory for his efforts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The over-under on games he starts has to be close to 6.

Interceptions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CSBill said:

 

As a person, you have to admire his grit, perseverance, and kindness--I do not think I ever heard a harsh or disparaging word from him on TV or on social media. Good for him.

 

And, he is a NFL Pre-Season All Pro, maybe one of the best of all time (which is why he keeps getting a chance). But the truth is, he has failed at epic levels once the games counted---and by the way, I also blame the Bills coaching staff for that (that's been rehearsed ad nausea on the TBD board). That's too bad, for him.

 

His criticism here are fair. But let's face it, the fun of this experience (discussion boards) is it will always take things further than necessary--hopefully not crossing that line (but that is what the Mods are for).

 

Regardless, my take will always be one of cheering for him to get the chance to prove all us doubters wrong some day. And because of the classy person he is, I am confident when (if) he does, he will never say anything derogatory to all of us who have mocked  and beat him up here. In the meantime, he was awful in Buffalo and there is no other way to characterize it.

Good post. Criticizing the man and criticizing the player are two different things. I believe most of the posters on this forum keep their opinions confined to Peterman's play on the field, which, unfortunately for Nate, has been a target rich environment for a football discussion board, and away from his character - as it should be.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People keep forgetting that McD purposefully kept NP from facing any starters in last years preseason games.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL......QB controversy in Oakland?  Oh that silly Gruden.....

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

People keep forgetting that McD purposefully kept NP from facing any starters in last years preseason games.

 

Not true. 

 

Peterman started the first game versus the Panthers and each QB was rotated with the starting unit.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nate sure looks kinda slow, either that or that D is really slow...

 

Go Bills!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I wish this whole laughing at Peterman thing would stop. He is a thoroughly decent kid who tries his best but is simply not cut out for the NFL. Doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed.

 

He plays in a profession that’s highly ridiculed.  

Brady gets it for his mannerisms.

You’re going to get ridiculed if you’re good or bad.   It’s life.  They’re adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

 

Not true. 

 

Peterman started the first game versus the Panthers and each QB was rotated with the starting unit.

 

 

And after that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Peterman is an ex-Bill who played historically bad football while he was here. I've read the above posts, and don't see anything worthy of clutching your pearls. Bad players get discussed on these boards all the time, and Peterman literally set records for bad football. Why on Earth should he be off limits?

What does it say about people who relish in someone else's failure?  It is one thing to discuss him and explain some reasons why you don't think he can succeed in the NFL - maybe his arm just isn't NFL caliber, but I think folks that laugh at him and mock him for trying are off base.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

What does it say about people who relish in someone else's failure?  It is one thing to discuss him and explain some reasons why you don't think he can succeed in the NFL - maybe his arm just isn't NFL caliber, but I think folks that laugh at him and mock him for trying are off base.

 

 

I don't think they are mocking him for trying (this isn't HS tryouts or the Special Olympics), they are likely mocking the fact that a guy this bad keeps getting paid a ton of money without any need to demonstrate the ability to perform well...in a kid's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't think they are mocking him for trying (this isn't HS tryouts or the Special Olympics), they are likely mocking the fact that a guy this bad keeps getting paid a ton of money without any need to demonstrate the ability to perform well...in a kid's game.

I've often wondered why fans worry about or care what a player is paid? it's not like it's money coming from their bank and if a team wants to give a scrub a paycheck, so what.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad because the game he gets ripped for wasn’t all on him.  Half those interceptions were decent passes that bounced off our spastic players attempting to make routine catches. 

  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I've often wondered why fans worry about or care what a player is paid? it's not like it's money coming from their bank and if a team wants to give a scrub a paycheck, so what.

 

Maybe because the average fan isn't paid so richly to be bad at his or her job.  It's not an unnatural response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe because the average fan isn't paid so richly to be bad at his or her job.  It's not an unnatural response. 

that's pretty lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

People keep forgetting that McD purposefully kept NP from facing any starters in last years preseason games.

 

That's categorically false 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that's pretty lame.

 

No less true.

 

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

That's categorically false 

 

Nope.  This was extensively discussed last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The hype is real! 

 

 

Edited by The Wiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...