Peterman 50-yard run! ?

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

No QB ever had his line purposely not block like he did, either (Chargers game).  That's a hell of a way to begin one's career.

I hope Peterman secures a job and I hope he has a successful career.

Yeah that is a great debating point, doubt we wil ever know f it is true.   If it is true, doesnt speak very highly of the respect McDermott team had for him as a HC.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah that is a great debating point, doubt we wil ever know f it is true.   If it is true, doesnt speak very highly of the respect McDermott team had for him as a HC.

I think it speaks more to the team division.  Very reminiscent of the Futile days.  But let's not talk about Tyrod anymore, shall we?

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Its not true and this conspiracy theory garbage needs to be stopped.

It is the opposite of a "great debating point". Nobody has any proof on either side and the only possibility is that it leads to arguing about race and eventually politics.

Edited by jletha

12 minutes ago, jletha said:

It is the opposite of a "great debating point". Nobody has any proof on either side and the only possibility is that it leads to arguing about race and eventually politics.

There's a quote out there (you can find it if you want to see it) from a SD defensive player saying something like, "they didn't even try to block me,"

It's an excellent debating point.

And if it goes to race, then those people are idiots.  It's not a debate about race or politics.  It's a debate about team division and an O line abandoning their QB.

20 minutes ago, jletha said:

Football, race, politics, sounds like a Sunday afternoon in the deep south to me!

The question is , which track

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There's a quote out there (you can find it if you want to see it) from a SD defensive player saying something like, "they didn't even try to block me,"

It's an excellent debating point.

And if it goes to race, then those people are idiots.  It's not a debate about race or politics.  It's a debate about team division and an O line abandoning their QB.

Oh, I don't know. I think arguing that the entire O-line would be willing to risk their own careers based on a defender's comment taken out of context is at least as idiotic as some racial/political connection. Hey, maybe Peterman's a Trump supporter?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Oh, I don't know. I think arguing that the entire O-line would be willing to risk their own careers based on a defender's comment taken out of context is at least as idiotic as some racial/political connection. Hey, maybe Peterman's a Trump supporter?

How can that comment be taken out of context?  

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How can that comment be taken out of context?  

Because Jordan Mills is so bad some times that it appears as if he didn’t try to block him. There have been all kinds of jailbreak plays in the last several years like in the Chargers game. And it’s clearly obvious the way to fluster NP is to rush him hard because he panics. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jletha said:

You literally took it out of context...

I literally did not.  I literally watched the game.  Then I literally formed my opinion based upon what I literally saw.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I literally did not.  I literally watched the game.  Then I literally formed my opinion based upon what I literally saw.

Im not denying that. Im saying that by taking a snippet of a quote from a random SD player that is not verbatim and not providing the question that was asked of the SD player or any other part of the quote, before or after, you quite literally took the quote out of context.

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Because Jordan Mills is so bad some times that it appears as if he didn’t try to block him. There have been all kinds of jailbreak plays in the last several years like in the Chargers game. And it’s clearly obvious the way to fluster NP is to rush him hard because he panics. 

Actually this I believe, and it just wasn't Mills, the center and  the right side of the line in particular was a joke, you also had huge problems with Miller and Ducasse constantly missing blocks, they often were blocking air.  I blame a lot of that on Castillo.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Jordan Mills sucked before he went against one of the best DEs in the game. People love conspiracies but if were being honest, they just sucked and Tyrod did enough to make them look ok

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:45 AM, BigDingus said:

Even with the regular season, it's not like he was given much of a chance.

We had coaches that thoroughly jerked him around...giving him all of one half before pulling him again. The guy may have sucked, but it's not like anyone showed more than surface-level confidence in him, and he knew any failures would get him sent back to the bench in an instant. 

Again, not saying he would've been great, but I've rarely seen another QB get treated the way he did. 

They formed an entire preseason plan around making him the Week 1 starter.  What on Earth are you talking about??

The NP people have totally lost their minds and this is the poster child for them right here.

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

No QB ever had his line purposely not block like he did, either (Chargers game).  That's a hell of a way to begin one's career.

You mean other than the very QB he is backing up?  And given his current skill level, he already has had, by any definition, a wildly successful career.  He's still being paid to play NFL games as a QB.  He's already won. 

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The only thing BS about that "guys couldn't get on the field" argument is that it debunks your argument.

If your point "is, and has been, at this point it’s reasonable to consider him the worst that’s ever played," then for the third time, that is correct.

It's correct to say so about Peterman and probably 1700 other guys who saw the field at least for a moment, and probably 2000 more who didn't get a chance ... because they sucked. It's certainly reasonable to guess that maybe ... maybe ... there were a quarter of a percentile or whatever who might have made something of themselves. But to pretend that anything but the overwhelming majority of them would have been any good at all is the worst kind of sad reach to pretend your argument makes sense.

Say there were 1000 guys who never threw a pass. You'd have to be on LSD to deny that 750 or more of them didn't make it because they simply didn't have what it takes.

I just gave you the reasoning that’s its BS!! Is he better than some guys that couldn’t get on the field, certainly. Is he worse than some guys that couldn’t get on the field, certainly. That’s specifically why I used Nick Mullins. As soon as he got an opportunity he was a functioning NFL QB. Lots and lots of guys like Nick Mullins never get that chance. We don’t know what would happen if they did!!! It doesn’t debunk anything. 

He’s a better QB than I am. I’m not QB. I guess that makes me worse than him? His sample size isn’t huge but there are 356 people, over the last 40 years that have at least as many attempts as him. He ranks 356th in multiple categories. The gap between him and 2nd worst is a chasm. It’s not like he’s in the mix with a bunch of guys. The gap is even wider when you factor in the guys playing in this passing era. 

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Who’s to blame for Peterman looking like the worst QB of all time in every other regular season game he played? It’s one thing to play at a below average level, but it’s another to be a complete

disaster. Hypothetically, if an O-line decides not to block at all it’s up to the QB to throw the ball away or take sacks. Once you throw more than a couple picks, you’re making poor choices with the ball regardless. 

Edited by SirAndrew