Peterman 50-yard run! ?

I've said it before and I'll say It again. I'm glad the Peterman experiment is over here, but I really hope he makes a team and has a great redemption story. As long as I've been a football fan, I've never seen anyone handle complete failure as well as he did. I give him a ton of credit for that and wish him the best. 

• Like (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Peterman was our best QB last 2 preseasons

for all the crap he gets, i'm willing to bet he ends up having a decent career as at least a backup. he'll get the last laugh....kinda like in a few years mason rudolph turns out to be the best qb drafted in 2018.

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

for all the crap he gets, i'm willing to bet he ends up having a decent career as at least a backup. he'll get the last laugh....kinda like in a few years mason rudolph turns out to be the best qb drafted in 2018.

...needs to overcome hives from live ammo versus rubber bullets pre-season........good luck........

9 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I wish this whole laughing at Peterman thing would stop. He is a thoroughly decent kid who tries his best but is simply not cut out for the NFL. Doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed.

He does get paid a lot of money to not be cut out for the NFL.

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Your initial suggestion was that McDermott kept Peterman from being exposed to a defense's starting unit even once in preseason last year. 

There would be no "And after that?", to be posed if what you stated were true. 

Simple.

Good pickup.

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

What do you mean "And after that"? You said he was kept from facing ANY starters.

Each QB's preseason performance and position on the "depth chart" after training camp determined how soon and how much action each saw against the opposition's starting unit; Peterman from most accounts, was the most consistent QB during training camp: He got the first preseason start, McCarron was next, and Josh Allen---who the coaches were bringing along slowly---was last to start.

Peterman had a really good showing in his first start; McCarron put up pedestrian numbers before getting hurt in his first start and Josh Allen was granted the chance to move up the depth chart, in relief of McCarron ahead of Peterman; Josh Allen started the very next game, had a bad showing, and Peterman came in to relieve him in that game; McCarron recovered from his injury in time to play the final preseason game, and was given the whole game to make up for loss time due to the injury and to reestablish himself in the competition after his poor performance. 

McDermott played each QB from a logical standpoint, based on what each showed. 

This is what I remember happening. But the revisionists can't have any facts interfere with their scheduled 20-minute-hate. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Note how he lowered his head at the point of contact and earned another 5 yards as a result!

Great run! 

He'll never get respect around here for anything, though.  I get it.

In all seriousness, he’s underrated as a runner. He’s pretty effective when he takes off and he isn’t scared.

• Awesome! (+1) 1