Peterman 50-yard run! ?

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Even this guy was feeling toasty watching that:P. (But not @Kirby Jackson, lol)

6472af2eca954721398f96a6cf75116b--christ

In all seriousness, what is it about preseason that Peterman rocks like a boss??

The game is a full second slower in the preseason. It's the same reason why EJ Manuel typically looked solid against backups.

Things happens slower, so the decisions are easier, and a weaker arm is sufficient.

3 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I wish this whole laughing at Peterman thing would stop. He is a thoroughly decent kid who tries his best but is simply not cut out for the NFL. Doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed.

As a person, you have to admire his grit, perseverance, and kindness--I do not think I ever heard a harsh or disparaging word from him on TV or on social media. Good for him.

And, he is a NFL Pre-Season All Pro, maybe one of the best of all time (which is why he keeps getting a chance). But the truth is, he has failed at epic levels once the games counted---and by the way, I also blame the Bills coaching staff for that (that's been rehearsed ad nausea on the TBD board). That's too bad, for him.

His criticism here are fair. But let's face it, the fun of this experience (discussion boards) is it will always take things further than necessary--hopefully not crossing that line (but that is what the Mods are for).

Regardless, my take will always be one of cheering for him to get the chance to prove all us doubters wrong some day. And because of the classy person he is, I am confident when (if) he does, he will never say anything derogatory to all of us who have mocked  and beat him up here. In the meantime, he was awful in Buffalo and there is no other way to characterize it.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I wish this whole laughing at Peterman thing would stop. He is a thoroughly decent kid who tries his best but is simply not cut out for the NFL. Doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed.

It would be a hell of a comeback story.  He's definitely a preseason warrior though as he had me convinced he could be a serviceable starter until Allen was ready after last preseason.

4 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I agree. He is a decent guy who tries hard. He is just not NFL material, but maybe he can find a niche in a lower league. He seems to excel against lesser players in preseason. He deserves a little glory for his efforts.

52 minutes ago, CSBill said:

As a person, you have to admire his grit, perseverance, and kindness--I do not think I ever heard a harsh or disparaging word from him on TV or on social media. Good for him.

And, he is a NFL Pre-Season All Pro, maybe one of the best of all time (which is why he keeps getting a chance). But the truth is, he has failed at epic levels once the games counted---and by the way, I also blame the Bills coaching staff for that (that's been rehearsed ad nausea on the TBD board). That's too bad, for him.

His criticism here are fair. But let's face it, the fun of this experience (discussion boards) is it will always take things further than necessary--hopefully not crossing that line (but that is what the Mods are for).

Regardless, my take will always be one of cheering for him to get the chance to prove all us doubters wrong some day. And because of the classy person he is, I am confident when (if) he does, he will never say anything derogatory to all of us who have mocked  and beat him up here. In the meantime, he was awful in Buffalo and there is no other way to characterize it.

Good post. Criticizing the man and criticizing the player are two different things. I believe most of the posters on this forum keep their opinions confined to Peterman's play on the field, which, unfortunately for Nate, has been a target rich environment for a football discussion board, and away from his character - as it should be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

People keep forgetting that McD purposefully kept NP from facing any starters in last years preseason games.

Not true. 

Peterman started the first game versus the Panthers and each QB was rotated with the starting unit.

• Like (+1) 2

Nate sure looks kinda slow, either that or that D is really slow...

Go Bills!!!

5 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

He plays in a profession that’s highly ridiculed.  

Brady gets it for his mannerisms.

You’re going to get ridiculed if you’re good or bad.   It’s life.  They’re adults.