Can Christian Wade be the 53 man roster this year

FLBillsGuy

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So he can't be taken off of waivers but at the end of the season he becomes an unrestricted free agent that last part kinda sucks.

Exactly. Sort of defeats purpose of putting him on PS for Bills if this means other teams can sign him not year.  Yes he is another body for practice but that is not much especially since due to NFLPA there is very little contact practice.

47 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Lol. That was a horrendous pass from Jackson if I recall correctly. 

Not nearly as blatant as other drops throughout the preseason from football lifers that also havnt shown the ability to break 2 different huge plays in minimal touches. 

And ANY Back on the roster could have done the same. In the same situation as wade. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Do you not think the coaches see him in practice?  Do you not see that his teammates love him and the plays?

It seems pretty obvious that they recognize his talent, but he is not ready for a more extended role.  In training Camp he routinely struggled getting his hands right for a simple handoff - and was getting one on one training with coaches and players from what I saw. Yet we still saw issue that in his one carry in game 1.

He is learning things like how to block, but he is still a long way from being ready to handle routine Blitz pick-up or understanding the timing of swinging out to get a dump off.  He struggles understanding blocking - including downfield blocking by his own guys  - as seen in game 2.

Even if he made the 53 man roster - he would not be activated on game days.  They are not sitting McCoy, Gore, Devon, or Dimarco.  They 4th RB is most likely Perry or Yeldon - both of which would have specialized roles on either special teams or as a 3rd down pass catcher.  Neither of which Wade is ready for yet.

I just do not see a team utilizing a player on both the 53 man roster and the active game day roster that is so limited in experience that he can only be used in a a few plays - especially if the league has designed a way for you to keep him and let him learn on the PS without losing another young talent.

Wade has a ton of talent and upside and it is infectious to see how the team celebrated his 2 plays, but right now he is a professional athlete playing against 4th sting guys that he is simply more athletic than and the team does not seem to think he is read for extended time even in the 4th quarter - let alone moving up to play against the 1s and 2s. 

Just give it time and be patient and let the team do what is best for Wade and the Bills.

Exactly. A year on the PS learning the complete game. He could well make the 53 in 2020.

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Could have but haven’t 

Really has Shady Gore Singletary Gone Against Future Insurance salesman and have a hole that you can drive a truck thru and a play where it was pop warner tackling?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I believe so, but there's not one person I've seen discuss this that knows for sure. All articles I've read make it sound like he makes it to our practice squad provided the Bills place him there. There's no mention of him having to clear waivers.

My question has been that it seems obvious he doesn't have to clear waivers to be 11th PS member. But then he can't play. What happens if the Bills WANT to have him available this season and put him on the PS as one of their 10. Not the freebie. Surely he would have to go through waivers. But can they do that is the question. 

I haven't seen that addressed in articles. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

My question has been that it seems obvious he doesn't have to clear waivers to be 11th PS member. But then he can't play. What happens if the Bills WANT to have him available this season and put him on the PS as one of their 10. Not the freebie. Surely he would have to go through waivers. But can they do that is the question. 

I haven't seen that addressed in articles. 

I believe I saw this being discussed yesterday and I was under the impression they could put him on the PS as one of their 10, but he would be subject to waivers beforehand. I was looking up everything I could find on this yesterday and came to one conclusion....There's nothing but vaguely written rules regarding this program.??  

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really has Shady Gore Singletary Gone Against Future Insurance salesman and have a hole that you can drive a truck thru and a play where it was pop warner tackling?

First off. There isn’t a single back on the roster outrunning the colts db’s like that other than wade. Get a clue man. Dude passed them like they were standing still. 

And 2nd. Maybe you’re right and basically every single other person on the board is wrong. That seems about right. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Other than the snow game in OT when was the last time Shady had 2 plays over 45 yards ?

Singletary has gone against the scrubs too.  

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

First off. There isn’t a single back on the roster outrunning the colts db’s like that other than wade. Get a clue man. Dude passed them like they were standing still. 

And 2nd. Maybe you’re right and basically every single other person on the board is wrong. That seems about right. 

LMAO. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So you are telling me Shady couldn’t have scored on that run against Insurance Salesmen?  Or even Singletary though he did it in College against the same talent over and over again?

Comeon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My point is

to say Wade isn’t a special talent is a cop out.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So you are telling me Shady couldn’t have scored on that run against Insurance Salesmen?  Or even Singletary though he did it in College against the same talent over and over again?

Comeon. 

Only in a blizzard 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Other than the snow game when was the last time Shady had 2 plays over 45 yards 

beyond the snow game in OT. 

LMAO. 

Shady took one 75 to open the 2nd half against the jags in 16. Regardless he ain’t doing it at this point in his career and if he did he wouldn’t be pulling away like wade was. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Other than the snow game in OT when was the last time Shady had 2 plays over 45 yards ?

LMAO. 

When has Shady been playing against bottom 90 players?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Comeon. 

I’m telling you I think they both would have been caught.

its easy to identify elite long speed. It’s the dude passing up people like they were standing still. That ain’t shady or Singletary. And it definitely isn’t gore 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And I don’t think so. And this argument remains until Wade actually gets time with the 1s or 2s. 

The fact that you actually watched how quick wade pulled away during that run and think shady has that sort of top end..... is absurd.