Can Christian Wade be the 53 man roster this year

FLBillsGuy

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

what does this even mean ?

I think the majority like what they see with Wade enough to want him to succeed. But nobody who has watched football for the last 20 - 50 years truly expects an international player who has never played American football to be able to just step in grab all the games nuances and crack a 53 man roster. Since he can not be called up mid season but can be added to the PS and be protected, added to the chance's of Wade keeping a seasoned player off our roster this year is ridiculously low, I think the majority agree he is PS bound 

Perhaps I am being progressive, but if there is a player performing like Wade, you find somewhere for him on this roster now.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Well I'm going to double down and TELL YOU there is 0 chance of it happening this year. The guy doesn't have enough football experience to be able to play at the NFL level this year 

Its truly a common sense thing... It really is

I think the odds are against him, but there is most definitely a chance Wade makes the roster.  

Obviously, he needs to get more touches in the next two games and continue to make big plays.  If he does that, he’s got a shot.  It’s not like there are a ton of playmakers on this offense.  And I would also say that playing running back in the NFL is probably the easiest thing to learn how to do in professional sports, assuming you have the necessary physical skill set, which Wade clearly seems to have.  Rookie RBs from small colleges routinely become starters in the NFL from the first game...It’s a very instinctual position.

Also, Wade is 28 years old...How much sense does it make to relegate him to the practice squad for an entire year?

Edited by mannc

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep he’s still very raw when it comes to understanding what he needs to do. I don’t think blocking is legal in rugby and last night he didn’t follow his blockers on that big run though he still broke a bunch of tackles. He probably just isn’t used to that process while running. 

......shades of the rumblin', bumblin', stumblin', grumblin' smaller version of the "Nigerian Nightmare"......fun to watch......

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Perhaps I am being progressive, but if there is a player performing like Wade, you find somewhere for him on this roster now.

You are over estimating him at this junction. He has some running and vision ability, he has shown it against 2nd /3rd stringers in a vanilla schemed NFL preseason game. He is most likely not ready for the real game of top dogs barreling down on him yet. You give him that year on the PS and prepare him for next years camp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

You are over estimating him at this junction. He has some running and vision ability, he has shown it against 2nd /3rd stringers in a vanilla schemed NFL preseason game. He is most likely not ready for the real game of top dogs barreling down on him yet. You give him that year on the PS and prepare him for next years camp.

He’ll be 29 years old next year...it’s now or never.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s impressed enough to warrant the question of him making the 53, but he’s a clear PS guy this year imo.  

Can he pass pro?  Can he follow blocks? Can he do what he’s doing against guys that won’t be on 53’s, against starters?   

He made some sick moves, and a great catch, on that play but then cut it back inside when he had a clear TD if he just stayed with his convoy.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

It seems simple does it not - PS is the best option for him to learn the game and keep the best players active each week.  Next year he may be a great backup to Singletary if he gets a chance to learn the game.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But if those are Panthers Starters he doesn’t break thru them. 

As Much as I like the story line and am enjoying watching him and hope at the end of 2020 he can land on the 53. I would love to see him start next week and show people to slow down a Bit when he sees non future Insurance Salesmen 

You're correct. The defenders weren't their starters. But they weren't chopped liver either. They were all probably All Conference college players.

21 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I am just trying to be optimistic. Let us see how he does first against better competition. I do support the PS option if it comes down to that. If Wade proves to make the Bills a better team then he has to be considered, even if seems to be some "alternative" approach. Wade is demonstrating good recognition and instinctual skills as well.

Edited by Rocket94

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Where does it say that he is exclusive to Buffalo?

That is the rule for the foreign player program, the NFL assigned Wade to the Buffalo Bills. He can make the 53, or go straight to the PS, cannot be signed by another team, also cannot be called up to the 53, during the season.

Go Bills !!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billykay said:

You're correct. The defenders weren't their starters. But they weren't chopped liver either. They were all probably All Conference college players.

Ok cool. Then Wade can play College at this point 

10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

100% correct.

But where does it say that exclusive to Buffalo. LoL

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Probably ran out of gas.

You guys are nuts. He has played, what, 10 minutes in 2 NFL games? In Rugby, he is used to playing a full 80 minutes taking part in offensive and defensive plays. He will be at least as fit as any NFL player.

A few years back, we had an American boy, ex-College Footballer, who came along to try out for my local Rugby club. For 2 minutes, he was the best player on the field, bursting through tackles and making a lot of metres (yes we have to make metres, not yards, so it's even tougher). But after that, he was looking to the sidelines for the oxygen mask - sorry pal,  there isn't one, you just keep going.

If they keep him as an RB, I can see some special plays being devised involving him and Josh Allen - one of them making the initial run, then offloading the ball to the other to finish it off (what you Americans quaintly call a 'lateral'). That will have the other teams' defence coaches scratching their heads.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3