Can Christian Wade be the 53 man roster this year

FLBillsGuy

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

That is EXACTLY how the Program works. They have the chance to sign as a Future UFA at end of season and be a normal player. They where not signed and chose to be part of this program. 

Hence why AFCE has been given 91 slots in Camp and 11 slots on PS. He makes the Bills 53 or he continues his development on Bills PS. 

If At the end of the season Bills sign him or ANY steam signs him to a futures deal now he is a normal NFL player. If he goes Unsigned again he can be a part of the program again where he will be ALLOCATED To a team. That is how the program works.

so he will be a Bill in 2019. 

So you're saying that WADE is not really an NFL player. He's just a water-boy or mascot, getting to hang out with the team and occasionally get on the field.

So the entire charade of practices, cutting the guy at the end of camp, making him wait to see if he gets signed to the practice squad is way to acclimate the guy to what it would feel like if any of it was real?

Seems harsh.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

There is no scenario that puts Wade on our Active roster this year.

I love when people on this site say there is zero chance something will happen, when in fact they have zero idea whether it will or not...

I think Wade makes it to the PS.  

Teams scouring cuts aren’t looking for projects.  They are looking for guys to make their 53.  

Guys like Duke Williams and Darryl Johnson are riskier PS hopefuls than a Christian Wade or Vosean Joseph.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I think Wade makes it to the PS.  

Teams scouring cuts aren’t looking for projects.  They are looking for guys to make their 53.  

Guys like Duke Williams and Darryl Johnson are riskier PS hopefuls than a Christian Wade or Vosean Joseph.  

I think we over-inflate the importance of our trash players. Every team thinks they have someone that will make another teams 53 if cut. In reality, only a handful ever move teams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I love when people on this site say there is zero chance something will happen, when in fact they have zero idea whether it will or not...

Well I'm going to double down and TELL YOU there is 0 chance of it happening this year. The guy doesn't have enough football experience to be able to play at the NFL level this year 

Its truly a common sense thing... It really is

You cant teach his vision.  I know its second half of a preseason game, but at the same time no one else on the team is making those plays in similar situations.  You find a way to get him on the 53 and create a handful of plays to get him in space.

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

So you're saying that WADE is not really an NFL player. He's just a water-boy or mascot, getting to hang out with the team and occasionally get on the field.

So the entire charade of practices, cutting the guy at the end of camp, making him wait to see if he gets signed to the practice squad is way to acclimate the guy to what it would feel like if any of it was real?

Seems harsh.

I am saying he is a developmental player that is part of the Bills and will be through the 2020 camp as part of the International Pathway Program. And that is that. 

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I think we over-inflate the importance of our trash players. Every team thinks they have someone that will make another teams 53 if cut. In reality, only a handful ever move teams.

I don’t think Wade or VoJo are trash, but Wade needs a year to learn the position.  No team outside us have any clue what he knows or doesn’t know in terms of the NFL RB nuances.  

VoJo could get picked up by a LB needy team, but he needs A LOT of coaching.   Not exactly a 53 guy yet, IMO.   A guy that if taking the Corey Thompson route on our PS, could be legit down the line.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

There is still nothing that says another team can't sign him to their roster if the Bills cut him on cutdown day.  It appears that the assumption is that if the Bills don't sign him to their roster, no other team would want him and thus he would go to the PS.

It is part of the program. It is just how it works. He was ALLOCATED to the Bills. He will be on the Bills through 2019. Either in the 53 (which then takes his Allocation protections away if cut after) or as part of their extra slot on the PS 

9 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Seems harsh.

A lot of people just want to dance around the subject of Wade by referring to the Pathways program and the practice squad. 

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

A lot of people just want to dance around the subject of Wade by referring to the Pathways program and the practice squad. 

what does this even mean ?

I think the majority like what they see with Wade enough to want him to succeed. But nobody who has watched football for the last 20 - 50 years truly expects an international player who has never played American football to be able to just step in grab all the games nuances and crack a 53 man roster. Since he can not be called up mid season but can be added to the PS and be protected, added to the chance's of Wade keeping a seasoned player off our roster this year is ridiculously low, I think the majority agree he is PS bound 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

On the other hand 

people think a rugby ? player doesn’t have enough talent to make an NFL team.  

Obviously there is a difference here but....

How many thought Fred Jackson would not make it in the NFL because NFLE was a place for NFL scrubs?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I don’t even know what this means. 

All I am saying is he will be on Bills PS this year and have a chance for that Roster spot in 2020 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

and why he Still needs the development that he will get on Bills PS 

Yep he’s still very raw when it comes to understanding what he needs to do. I don’t think blocking is legal in rugby and last night he didn’t follow his blockers on that big run though he still broke a bunch of tackles. He probably just isn’t used to that process while running. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

On the other hand 

people think a rugby ? player doesn’t have enough talent to make an MFL team.  

Obviously there is a difference here but....

How many thought Fred Jackson would not make it in the NFL because NFLE was a place for NFL scrubs?

...and FredEx was stalled on the pine because Dopey Dickie Jauron's infatuation with vets...A/k/a Anthony "A-Caboose" Johnson....Wade comes with an 11th PS spot, but cannot be activated (I think)...no rush....landscape probably changes by at least one in 2020 when Shady moves on IMO......

Could Wade make the 2020 53-man roster?

Yes. If one thing happens--he needs to fit in seemlessly to special teams and make a contribution there.

When McDermott judges a player on the bubble, he uses their special teams contribution as a tie breaker.

I wonder if Wade could return kicks... he's a definite wrecking ball.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yep he’s still very raw when it comes to understanding what he needs to do. I don’t think blocking is legal in rugby and last night he didn’t follow his blockers on that big run though he still broke a bunch of tackles. He probably just isn’t used to that process while running. 

But if those are Panthers Starters he doesn’t break thru them. 

As Much as I like the story line and am enjoying watching him and hope at the end of 2020 he can land on the 53. I would love to see him start next week and show people to slow down a Bit when he sees non future Insurance Salesmen