Can Christian Wade be the 53 man roster this year

FLBillsGuy

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's a lock like the Welland Canal locks which are like the Kardashian girls netherregions.

If you just set off the Exiled alarm, I'll kill you.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You are right on that, but I think he's pretty close to one because he's not only still a good football player, they love what he brings to the team and locker room character wise and as a good presence around our young guys.  

But yeah, saying he is a lock was probably a bit over stated by me, so you are right.  

No Gore is a lock. Nothing even comes close to suggesting otherwise. Surprises definitely happen, but I'd be shocked if Gore was cuy. No one is trading for him.

Well, after the second pre-season game, it seems that your head coach now has a clear indication of which players make the 53-man active roster. They are:

Josh Allen

Christian Wade

51 others to make up the numbers.

There you go, sorted, no further discussion required.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Is there any scenario where Wade can be poached by another team?

Because there are some teams desperate for Running Backs right now.

No he moves to PS he cannot be touched. He is the Bills player unless he gets completely cut not allocated to PS or traded 

Well...honestly i find it impossible to believe that a single man could be the entire 53 man roster as this thread title suggests, but i mean stranger things could happen...

Maybe he could turn into The Flash and snap the ball to himself and then throw it to himself and then catch it...wouldnt need any blocking cause he would be so fast...wonder how the refs would rule that with only one guy on the field??

Edited by matter2003
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No he moves to PS he cannot be touched. He is the Bills player unless he gets completely cut not allocated to PS or traded 

So another team can't put Wade on their 53 after he is cut by the Bills, but before he is placed on the practice squad?

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Well...honestly i find it impossible to believe that a single man could be the entire 53 man roster as this thread title suggests, but i mean stranger things could happen...

Maybe he could turn into The Flash and snap the ball to himself and then throw it to himself and then catch it...wouldnt need any blocking cause he would be so fast...wonder how the refs would rule that with only one guy on the field??

There was the Disney production "The Worlds Greatest Athlete!"

"The four AFC East clubs will carry these overseas players on their roster until the end of training camp. At that time, the players are eligible for an international player practice squad exemption, granting them an eleventh practice squad member that is ineligible to be activated during the 2019 season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025740/article/four-international-players-added-to-rosters-ahead-of-2019-season

I read this as we can keep him as the 11th PS member and no one can claim him. I am Dopey though.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

"The four AFC East clubs will carry these overseas players on their roster until the end of training camp. At that time, the players are eligible for an international player practice squad exemption, granting them an eleventh practice squad member that is ineligible to be activated during the 2019 season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025740/article/four-international-players-added-to-rosters-ahead-of-2019-season

I read this as we can keep him as the 11th PS member and no one can claim him. I am Dopey though.

that is how I interpreted it. Because of the roster exemption it seemed like to me that the bills basically had exclusive rights to him for at least one full year not subject to waivers 

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh yeah, totally agree.  The way I see it is this:  If Wade makes another big play, or a couple nice plays in the 2nd half of the 3rd pre-season game, I think he gets some early reps in the 4th.  I would bet someone like Yeldon starts the 4th preaseaon game and I can see Wade coming in during the first half and getting a lot of minutes IF...and thats only IF...they are seriously considering him for the 53.  If he doesnt come into the final preseason game until late, then I think thats a clear sign he's headed to the PS.  

But at this point, I think he's a lock for the PS if he doesn't make the 53 since he has the exemption anyway.  

My understanding is they can (I could be wrong).  He is ONLY stuck on the PS in the specific case where we use the EXTRA player exemption.  He is stuck there because we have a free extra player over all other teams.  I do believe, if they put him on the practice squad WITHOUT using the extra player exemption he can be reactivated but also can be picked up by someone else too.

So its fair...he is only stuck there if we are using something the other teams dont have and make him untouchable.  

Exactly. He can be cut and Bills could explain ahead of time what they are doing but if they cut him to bring him back to PS he could still choose to go elsewhere where his chances are harder.  Bills could do what other teams have done and pay him more than standard PS pay but if he really wants to play he may choose to go elsewhere anyways.