Josh and our HC

Stallions

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I agree with the OP except for the part alluding to McD pulling Allen in lieu of "allow(ing) Josh to decide his fate." McBeane know their fate is likely tied to Allen's success so they'll do whatever they can ensure he does well (see complete overhaul of the offense this off season). That said, he needs to be a lot better than he was in the first preseason game if this team is going to sniff playoffs this year. I think we'll see some growth.

Is it your trolling intent to post this take on every thread? You’ve made yourself abundantly and nauseatingly clear. Now give it a rest. 

24 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I agree with the OP except for the part alluding to McD pulling Allen in lieu of "allow(ing) Josh to decide his fate." McBeane know their fate is likely tied to Allen's success so they'll do whatever they can ensure he does well (see complete overhaul of the offense this off season). That said, he needs to be a lot better than he was in the first preseason game if this team is going to sniff playoffs this year. I think we'll see some growth.

So, you think Allen is immature? What do you think of Johnny Manziel? Baker Mayfield? Those two could be called immature. Allen? NFW. He is the poster boy of current QBs. He’s as vanilla as Troy Aikmen.

You think he has a slow release? Back it up with some data.

Beane and McDermott are trying to build a successful offense? HOW DARE THEY?!?!?!

31 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Not just Josh needs to be better.  There were a lot of mistakes all around.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Stallions said:

I thought Josh looked very poor in the 1st pre-season game.  The same accuracy issues as last year and the lack of game instincts.  His release is slow and if he keeps running the ball when he feels no receiver is open he'll get hurt. 

As a LEADER for the offense he seems very immature.  A lot of nice talk to the media and in his Buffalo area commercials but he just doesn't come-off as THE GUY!!

With the HC in his 3rd season he needs WINS!  Will he allow Josh to decide his fate???

I already groaned your similar post on a different board where you call yourself Mr. Bluto.  

What I see is an immature loser posting similar messages on multiple boards under different names.  

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, you think Allen is immature? What do you think of Johnny Manziel? Baker Mayfield? Those two could be called immature. Allen? NFW. He is the poster boy of current QBs. He’s as vanilla as Troy Aikmen.

You think he has a slow release? Back it up with some data.

Beane and McDermott are trying to build a successful offense? HOW DARE THEY?!?!?!

He's only 23 years old so he's immature in the way all guys are when they're only 23. I certainly don't think he's a problem kid if that's what you're suggesting.

The slow release part is a bit of red herring. Whatever he loses in a longer wind up (if it even is a longer wind up) is more than made up for with the added arm strength. I do think he's slow to make decisions sometimes and maybe that's what OP is seeing. I don't know. 

I like Beane and McD.    

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

He's only 23 years old so he's immature in the way all guys are when they're only 23. I certainly don't think he's a problem kid if that's what you're suggesting.

The slow release part is a bit of red herring. Whatever he loses in a longer wind up (if it even is a longer wind up) is more than made up for with the added arm strength. I do think he's slow to make decisions sometimes and maybe that's what OP is seeing. I don't know. 

I like Beane and McD.    

Then, aside from the release, which you haven’t shown to be “a thing” then you don’t actually agree with the OP about much.

If Allen’s release was a problem we’d be hearing about it from someone besides folks on the internet. Any elongated release he may have is more than made up for with his arm.

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Then, aside from the release, which you haven’t shown to be “a thing” then you don’t actually agree with the OP about much.

If Allen’s release was a problem we’d be hearing about it from someone besides folks on the internet. Any elongated release he may have is more than made up for with his arm.

I agree with OP that Allen looked poor at times in game one and that he suffered through the same accuracy issues we've seen from him in the past. His release looks fine to me but either way it isn't the main problem. It's still early. There's lots of time to get better and have a great year.   

Edited by VW82

1 hour ago, billykay said:

I said the same thing as you.

I'm losing confidence in the guy.

Isnt like he loses focus at the last second when the ball arrives? Damn, eyes on the tip the whole way through!!!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Is it your trolling intent to post this take on every thread? You’ve made yourself abundantly and nauseatingly clear. Now give it a rest. 

Yo Chandler- this cat hasn’t a clue! Here comes the run, some just cant see it! Watch Allens mechanics- lookin darn good and he had 2 bad throws out of 11- easily could of been 9-11 over 100 for less than a quarter of work. No bad hand offs, no turn overs, protected himself- they expect a little too much with 11 starts under his belt. Oh, the kid never had a QB coach until last year also. 

Edited by billsfan_34

What if he continues to struggle with accuracy and he’s only at 59% headed in to week 12 but our record is 9-3? What if he only has 4 game winning drives by that time also. That is unacceptable. I think we should bench him because obviously he’s not “the guy”  and probably fire McClappy too. 

The Internet has created a generation of opinionated people who (instead of allowing themselves to change) will stubbornly defend their position, regardless of any facts/evidence they are presented with.

Let's just face it.  People are already "dug-in" on Josh Allen.  Whether positive or negative.

Their minds were made up by the second paragraph of his scouting report, or two minutes into his YouTube highlight video from Wyoming.

Regardless of whether Allen becomes a regular Pro-Bowler or leads the Buffalo Bills to a Super Bowl someday, every inaccurate pass will be relentlessly scrutinized.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, CowboyBill said:

What if he continues to struggle with accuracy and he’s only at 59% headed in to week 12 but our record is 9-3? What if he only has 4 game winning drives by that time also. That is unacceptable. I think we should bench him because obviously he’s not “the guy”  and probably fire McClappy too. 

I’ll take the 9-3 and be thrilled! Dak isn’t a great QB, but he has the second most wins since he came into the league. Just win, baby! 

Heading into week 12 with 9 wins means we did it in 11 games, so that’s even better!  ?

Edited by Augie

You lost me at slow release. I'm gonna remain an Allen skeptic until I see him put it all together, but he's got an extremely quick release. Poor wording. There are times when he holds on to the ball too long and I think we all know he needs to be more decisive in the passing game, but slow release? Not even close. Once he makes the decision to fire, it's very quick. Exceptionally quick for a tall QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Its like you sat down and tried to fashion sentences in a way that would try to hook people multiple times in multiple places. Hopefully no one buys your crap - its kinda sad.

All i see is admission you have nothing better to do on a friday night.

My condolences 

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

The Hilarious part is last year when he was tested before the season he was found to have one of the quickest releases by far of all the incoming Qb’s this is trolling at its worst. If someone wants to troll they should do their homework...

Edited by Meatloaf63

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll take the 9-3 and be thrilled! Dak isn’t a great QB, but he has the second most wins since he came into the league. Just win, baby! 

Heading into week 12 with 9 wins means we did it in 11 games, so that’s even better!  ?

Gotta win the bye week too. ? 

4 minutes ago, CowboyBill said:

Gotta win the bye week too. ? 

But NOT the press conferences......that’s too reminiscent of loudmouth Rex. Those wins and promises don’t count on your record. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Not only does he have a slow release, he is also a midget and looks terrible in shorts.

But he does NOT order Ranch.  He’s not a complete loser! 

2 hours ago, VW82 said:

Good to see in year 2 you’re picking up right where you left off. You were all over Allen last year.  At least you’re consistent.