Josh and our HC

Stallions

You are to hard on a 2nd year QB playing with new WRs and a completely new OL that is also missing the starting center.

Not to mention a sure TD dropped by Zay Jones.

I give him a B+

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bills11 said:

I disagree with this completely ..Josh looked fine he had a touchdown dropped...and two plays called back by penalty the only truly poor throw he made was the low one to Zay jones..it's the preseason everything is vanilla all you're trying to go is give the offence some live game reps . 

Am I the only one who thinks that, while not a great throw, Zay could have come up with the 3rd and 6 pass, and not with extraordinary effort?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Am I the only one who thinks that, while not a great throw, Zay could have come up with the 3rd and 6 pass, and not with extraordinary effort?

Doc, I was hoping the "Droppies " were behind us. In all my years as a fan I have never seen any team drop as many passes as this team.

The Sills drop was a complete joke, has to be driving McDermott nuts

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, but the miscreants got here 1st, spewing their Allen hate & discontent.

The rest of us have just gone ?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Stallions said:

I thought Josh looked very poor in the 1st pre-season game.  The same accuracy issues as last year and the lack of game instincts.  His release is slow and if he keeps running the ball when he feels no receiver is open he'll get hurt. 

As a LEADER for the offense he seems very immature.  A lot of nice talk to the media and in his Buffalo area commercials but he just doesn't come-off as THE GUY!!

With the HC in his 3rd season he needs WINS!  Will he allow Josh to decide his fate???

Maybe this is your point?

Can it be possible that the Bills start 2 and 2 and Doug  Sean would bench E.J.   Josh after only 4 games into his 2nd NFL season and less than a full year's worth of starts?  I mean there is such a thing as patience and letting a young player figure it out but there is also the coach's reputation to consider in light of his next head coaching job opportunity once he exercizes the out clause in his contract.

On the other hand, if Zay hangs on to the ball, Josh goes 7 of 11 for 80+ yards and a TD and I doubt Sean has an out clause.

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No, but the miscreants got here 1st, spewing their Allen hate & discontent.

The rest of us have just gone ?

OK, good.  When I saw it in real time I thought it was a good pass and a drop.  After rewatching it, it was low but Zay had a play on it.

But even if we ignore that, Josh should have finished 7-11 (63.6%) for 84 yards (7.6 YPA) and a TD.  I'll take it.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s fair to question a 2nd year QB’s possible future progress. But you joined less than a day ago and your 12 posts consistently spew negativity regarding Allen with your ‘always’ & ‘nevers’. This is what WE call spam. The threads you’ve chosen to spice up within your element accurately label you a troll with an agenda with an alarmingly short life expectancy. Consider yourself warned.

What about all the "pizza posts" and the like in this thread, are they considered spam? If not, I'm confused.

22 minutes ago, Element115 said:

What about all the "pizza posts" and the like in this thread, are they considered spam? If not, I'm confused.

Pizza is pizza.  Spam is spam.  I've never put spam on pizza.  That might be an idea for future consideration, though.

Are you saying you don't like pizza?  Welcome to TBD!

What are your thoughts on Josh and our HC?

Edited by Gugny

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, you are not alone.  The radio announcers said the same thing.  Two things about that play: (1) Allen definitely made a poor throw, and (2) Zay ran his route 5-6 yards past the first down marker before making his curl.  Perhaps that was by design or perhaps he ran a bad route.  However, Zay had made his curl before Allen uncorked the ball, so Allen could have made a better throw.  That said, if Zay doesn't extend his route so deep, he would have been in much better position to catch the ball.  Bottom line though, Allen just missed the throw and he knows it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I agree with Gugny, pizza is good.

Crystal Meth is ok, i am just more of a black tar heroin man myself. Has a good aura when you freebase it.

Brooke Mueller, is that you?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Stallions said:

I thought Josh looked very poor in the 1st pre-season game.  The same accuracy issues as last year and the lack of game instincts.  His release is slow and if he keeps running the ball when he feels no receiver is open he'll get hurt. 

As a LEADER for the offense he seems very immature.  A lot of nice talk to the media and in his Buffalo area commercials but he just doesn't come-off as THE GUY!!

Hmmmmm. Not at all what I saw. Did you tune in to the wrong game or are you a troll?

• Haha (+1) 1

Break down every throw- he looked pretty great good. The overthrow to Sweeney was a  timing route, if he wasnt held it was right on the money. The low throw to Zay was on Allen, but still catchable. The throw to Zay at the goal line was a pure drop by Zay. The mis que on the back shoulder out to Brown was on Brown, didnt break it off in time and get the ball. No interceptions, no hand off gaffs. Not a bad night for 11 total starts and the first pre season game with lots of new parts. 

11 hours ago, Stallions said:

With the HC in his 3rd season he needs WINS!  Will he allow Josh to decide his fate???

Explain how he is immature? Do you understand developmental milestones? Seems tp me he is right on track. This post needs to go in the dumpster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1