Would you be okay if Josh is next Cutler?

Ga boy

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

When josh was drafted I made Upside projections to Cutler ->Elway. I definitely thing he's cut from that mold. but he's still got a long way to go to get to Cutler level. Right now, he's probably closest to Josh Freeman.

You really don't understand what you see on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Josh is looking a lot like Jay Cutler but our guy appears to have more leadership skills.  I was always amazed that Jay could zip it all over the field with nothing to show for it.  During his 2nd season, I'd like to see Josh look more like Brett Favre than Jay.  Can he do it??

He doesn't really look anything like Cutler. Cutler didnt care and didnt try to get better. He was cool just going out there the way he was.

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Like Jay Cutler, but with more leadership skills...

Uh...***** yes

Isn't that just Brett Favre?

He has the same passion and competitiveness

Cutler was at least 3 tiers down from Favre. He was a good overall QB that sometimes played great, but that you could always count on to inevitably choke.

I’ll be okay regardless of how Josh Allen turns out. As for the Bills, ( and more precisely their GM and HC) they will most probably not be okay at all if Allen’s career is Cutleresque. One or both will be fired and the cycle of searching for a franchise QB will begin yet again. I don’t think Allen will be much like Cutler at all, or Tannehill as some have suggested. I think he’s already got a better chance to be a QB that wins games than Tannehill. Allen will have a pretty good defense to rely on, so we should see fairly quickly if he can lead an offense and do the necessary things to lift the talent around him up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Brett Favre. That's waaaay to much of a leap. Jesus. Guy won MVPs, Super Bowl, threw for over 70,000 yards and 500 TDs. As much of a risk taker as he was, he more than made up for it in his ability to read defenses and be accurate. HIs career completion percentage was 62. His first season as s started in GB he was 64.1%. He was sub-60% 5 times in 19 seasons. Two were 59.9% and 59.3%.

I'm sorry but I'd bet Allen will not finish his career with a >60% percentage, which is likely mean we'll be in a Tannehill situation... a medioce QB we'll hold onto for a few seasons too long and have to rebuild in 2022. It'll end Beane and McD's tenures.

Just because you are a Bills fan doesn't mean past history and predictive analysis related to QBs doesn't apply in the case of your QB. Maybe, maybe he's the 5% outlier in the 95% certainty underlying most predictions. But that's a long shot to hang your hat on.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I would not be okay if he had the same production as Cutler. I can’t imagine why anyone would be.

Obviously I wouldn't be ok with the other aspects of Cutler that made him less than I think he perhaps could have been. However just on production...if he put up Jay Cutler numbers over a career it could be argued that would make him the most productive QB in Bills history.

And sure I'm stretching that somewhat for reaction with Jim...but just for reference, the regular season career totals of two QBs below - one is Jim Kelly and one is Jay Cutler.

Games

Yards

TD

INT

Rating

84.4%

85.3%

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, disco said:

Obviously I wouldn't be ok with the other aspects of Cutler that made him less than I think he perhaps could have been. However just on production...if he put up Jay Cutler numbers over a career it could be argued that would make him the most productive QB in Bills history.

And sure I'm stretching that somewhat for reaction with Jim...but just for reference, the regular season career totals of two QBs below - one is Jim Kelly and one is Jay Cutler.

Games

Yards

TD

INT

Rating

84.4%

85.3%

Come on man, you know that comparing modern QB stats to those of 20-30 years ago is dumb.

• Like (+1) 1