[Vague Title] Trade alert...

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Darryl Johnson out here getting dudes traded. 

O-line injuries got dudes traded...Johnson is still behind Hughes, Lawson, Murphy, Yarbrough and Love.

6 hours ago, Lothar said:

Does that put Teller on the wrong side of the bubble again?

It definitely shouldn't...not for this guy anyways.

This is simply a camp body because of all the injuries on the offensive line since camp opened.

Edited by JustWinPlease

12 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Bates can play guard, center and tackle.

He hasnt played at all on the NFL,yet. Played tackle and guard in college and some scouts thought he could eventually move to center. Moves well,not very strong.Camp body maybe practice squad

12 hours ago, Lothar said:

Does that put Teller on the wrong side of the bubble again?

No, I think it just gets you back Up tackle, should they like Ford at G.

Teller might be the number 2 back up guard, if your starters are Dawkins, Spain, Morris, Ford, and Nsehke (sorry if I spelled it wrong).

So, with Feliciano as the back up center, Teller and Long the back up guards, and somebody showing something as the swing tackle, that group of nine might be it.

plus you could always put long at back up center should Morris go down, and if anything happens to nsehke, Ford goes to tackle and long comes in.  Then if anything happens to Dawkins this new kid could sub there, or bring nsehke over and put the kid at RT.

PLEASE RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU HATE THIS OFFENSIVE LINE BECAUSE YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN THAT TO ME.

??

EDIT: I know I am the only one who does this, but whenever I think of feliciano his name in my head is always to the melody of Feliz Navidad.

Feli Ci Ano.

Feli Ci Ano!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Georgie said:

He hasnt played at all on the NFL,yet. Played tackle and guard in college and some scouts thought he could eventually move to center. Moves well,not very strong.Camp body maybe practice squad

Ive followed Psu pretty closely and seen all of their games the past few years. 

Bates played out of position the past 2 years at tackle. He was much better at guard. He's never played center. 

One of of the biggest weaknesses of psu OL was inability to pick up stunts and pass off the DL. This was through the OL, but maybe most noticeable on Bates side. I don't know if this was player awareness, coaching, or something else but it was a problem. 

I dont see Bates being anything other than stopgap OT in the NFL. Look at his arm length and wingspan. I do think he can play guard in the NFL, and maybe center. 

Edited by pennstate10
Forgot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Trading for a multi positional UDFA OL, this move screams we need a swing tackle because Ford Is staying at RG and Ty is staying at RT. 

Beyond Ford, Ty and Dawkins, there’s not another tackle making the roster. The rest are t good enough. That’s why the made this move. 

Edited by KRT88

20 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:
20 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I am whelmed

Is that a thing?

Google is your friend!

whelm
/(h)welm/
verb

1. 1.
    engulf, submerge, or bury (someone or something).
    "a swimmer whelmed in a raging storm"
    •  

noun

1. 1.
    an act or instance of flowing or heaping up abundantly; a surge.
    "the whelm of the tide"

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...