[Vague Title] Trade alert...

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think they see Bates as more than just a camp body.

If they wanted a camp body they could have cut Bojorkodork and signed a street free agent.

It is a little more difficult to determine the final 53 this year...and the Bills may not be done.

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

It is kind of nice to see that some of the OL who would have been starters last year are now delegated to secondary roles. That is the kind of depth achieved in such a short time. In the case of Bates, he does provide versatility, either now or as a developmental player. I didn't see the game, but there are obviously glowing reports across the entire line. The more the pre season plays out, I would not be surprised to see McDermott make additional moves if it means putting the best team on the field.

I am a bit hard on Bodine, and admittedly I am a bit biased towards some of the center prospects coming out of the draft next year. Bodine looks to have every opportunity to convince the coaches and Beane that he is good enough to make the Bills pass on them next year.

2 hours ago, Lothar said:

Does that put Teller on the wrong side of the bubble again?

While I hate that in some ways, it’s encouraging if they think we have more talented OLine guys. I like Teller maybe more than most. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

While I hate that in some ways, it’s encouraging if they think we have more talented OLine guys. I like Teller maybe more than most. 

Love that kid's attitude, and once he gets into a defender's body it is over. The only thing I think he needed to work on was his footwork a bit and in pass pro improving on both recognizing and correctly picking up the right guy on stunts. I would be surprised if he does not stick and with the ways injuries happen across the line and gets some starts this season.

We will see - I am rooting for him too.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No doubt. I’m not sure how to feel about this trade. There must be some aspect of the o-line they did not like, depth-wise I mean.

***Vlad and Bodine slowly step forward***

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No doubt. I’m not sure how to feel about this trade. There must be some aspect of the o-line they did not like, depth-wise I mean.

Waddle was a swing tackle and they lost him to injury.  Bates is a swing tackle and could be his replacement

42 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Love him or hate him, Bodine seems to have the rest of the pre season to straighten things out. The draft is eight months away and as we are seeing, the Bills are building more depth. Even though only one game has been played, it is encouraging to hear about stellar performances across the OL.

He’s injured now.  And Feliciano starting over him speaks volumes about where Bodine stands with the coaching staff.  He’s had 74 starts in his career to “straighten things out.”  He blows.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s injured now.  And Feliciano starting over him speaks volumes about where Bodine stands with the coaching staff.  He’s had 74 starts in his career to “straighten things out.”  He blows.

I know...it shows in his play. Can hundreds of people be wrong!

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Well we all know how you felt about the McCoy trade.

So I think we’re ok here.

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

lol - yeah like maybe they don't have anyone who can play Center w/o getting Allen killed?

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Excellent! Did Harold even play last night?

Eli did play in the preseason game last night. Was in late. I saw him make at least one good play in the 4th quarter. But agree that he obviously wasn't going to make this roster. I love how Beane and this staff are never idle. They are always looking to improve the team, which after the draft and FA, usually means churning the bottom of the roster looking for diamonds in the rough or simply bodies to cover for positions that have seen injuries.

• Like (+1) 1