[Vague Title] Trade alert...

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

WOW, the DO like their versatility! 

I frankly don’t even know who these guys are, but I like that we are always trying to get better! 

Focus on winning in the trenches! 

Healthy bodies at this point. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Just now, SCBills said:

Thats the point.  Both teams had guys that weren’t making their respective teams and decided to swap.  

I doubt this guy makes the 53, but worth a shot for a guy that also wasn’t making the team. 

Even if he doesn’t make the team would be a Perfect OL to develop on the PS being able to play all positions on the OL. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Excellent! Did Harold even play last night?

I kept forgetting to ask this for weeks but was wondering if he was even on the team. Had heard nothing about him. 

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No doubt. I’m not sure how to feel about this trade. There must be some aspect of the o-line they did not like, depth-wise I mean.

I think it is also about Eli Harold probably not making the team

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Probably not but he has been an NFL player for 3-4 years

This is a low risk gamble but still a gamble because the kid might never suit up on Sunday

he is a rookie. So would you rather end up Cutting Harold final cuts to not go to PS. Or get a Rookie UDFA in the System now where if he gets cut he goes to PS? 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I kept forgetting to ask this for weeks but was wondering if he was even on the team. Had heard nothing about him. 

Well, then maybe it’s good to get anything for him? 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Eli Harold wasn’t making the team. He was buried in depth chart and out played by a rookie all summer. 

I’m not speaking about Harold. I’m just would like to know their thinking behind bringing Bates in and who does this spell trouble for. Though Bates can play tackle, he has versatility and my bet is this gives some direct competition to Teller and Bodine. If Bates can play well (UFA but who knows?) Bates can bring to the team what both of those guys can’t. 

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m not speaking about Harold. I’m just would like to know their thinking behind bringing Bates in and who does this spell trouble for. Though Bates can play tackle, he has versatility and my bet is this gives some direct competition to Teller and Bodine. If Bates can play well (UFA but who knows?) Bates can bring to the team what both of those guys can’t. 

Well didn’t feliciano get dinged last night?  They need some healthy lineman to play. And as a rookie if he shows well enough (not counting on him to make the team) but having a versatile OL on the PS never an issue 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Beane does a lot of tinkering with the bottom end of his roster.....usually with DB's though

It's a little weird-- almost like he's practicing. Trade a guy who isn't going to make the 53 for another guy who isn't going to make the 53...

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

It's a little weird-- almost like he's practicing. Trade a guy who isn't going to make the 53 for another guy who isn't going to make the 53...

But one that will offer more value on the PS development over the guy that has been in the league for awhile now. 

• Like (+1) 1