Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

11 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

So funny. Well he's back at practice. We will see if he can once again outscore the entire Bills wide receiver corps and wipe that underserved smirk off Bills fans faces.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-actually-shows-up-for-raiders-practice-and-it-appears-his-crazy-helmet-saga-is-finally-over/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

Edited by Chemical

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

So funny. Well he's back at practice. We will see if he can once again outscore the entire Bills wide receiver corps and wipe that underserved smirk off Bills fans faces.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-actually-shows-up-for-raiders-practice-and-it-appears-his-crazy-helmet-saga-is-finally-over/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

How much money you want to put on that bet, sparky? 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You're no Bills fan.

Don't bother trying to tell me I'm wrong. I'm not.

haha. It's embarrassing seeing Bills fans on this forum make fun of Antonio Brown (and call him a "loser") and, earlier this summer, John Gruden for complimenting Peterman. Maybe take a look in the mirror first.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

haha. It's embarrassing seeing Bills fans on this forum make fun of Antonio Brown (and call him a "loser") and, earlier this summer, John Gruden for complimenting Peterman. Maybe take a look in the mirror first.

I know of literally NO ONE here that compliments Peterman.

There may be one, but I don't know who it'd be.

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Antonio Brown quit on his teammates, coaches, and fans during the most important week of the season while also finding time to rip a teammate because that teammate was voted team MVP by his peers on the team and not him (Antonio).

That alone makes him a loser. 

What do you call that kind of player; a winner? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

And WHY exactly would that be cause for reflection?

I'm afraid you're making no sense.

It just reminds me of the posters in this thread calling AB a loser. Same motivation. Making themselves feel better because they think there’s something worse that what the Bills put out on offense last season. 

Just now, Chemical said:

It just reminds me of the posters in this thread calling AB a loser. Same motivation. Making themselves feel better because they think there’s something worse that what the Bills put out on offense last season. 

Logic cartwheels.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Antonio Brown quit on his teammates, coaches, and fans during the most important week of the season while also finding time to rip a teammate because that teammate was voted team MVP by his peers on the team and not him (Antonio).

That alone makes him a loser. 

What do you call that kind of player; a winner? 

Depends, what do you call players that end up in gold jackets?

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

This fool can make any claim that he wants. The league says no. The Raiders' GM has recently stated that the issue has gone as far as it can go. The league has made a definitive determination that won't be altered for him. 

They haven't made a determination regarding his grievance.  They just determined that, as of now (and not last year), his helmet is on the banned list.

So he hasn't been given the 1 year grace period others got when they were told last year their helmets were banned.

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Antonio's behavior is why they banned that helmet ... A few seasons too late for Antonio but if it stops another player from brain dead behavior, the league did the right thing.

...STILL find it hard to believe McBeane made a serious inquiry knowing McDermott's "process acumen"....he would have been a next day release......

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Exactly my point - it will depend on the wording of the lists.

My guess is in the end - he was aware that his helmet was banned and had the 1 year grace period for that.  My guess I’d: He will lose out because then he chose a newer model of that same brand, but by that time the players and NFLPA already had an approved list.  The NFL will argue they even tried to get his newer helmet approved and it failed.  And since he knew last year he had to switch helmets - if he wanted to get a newer version tested - it should have been done during that time - not after he already was given a grace period with an approved list and already fought that decision.

I think it is just fascinating to watch.

Could be.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Doesn't this make the whole thing feel kinda stupid? 

These helmets have been proven to be unsafe to wear during the playing of football... But ya know, 16 to 20 games probably aint gonna hurt. Catch me back next year.

Not exactly.  The NFL and some bioengineers picked a threshold of impact "protection" that they say may reduce concussion producing force.  None of the helmets prevent concussions.

AB's particular helmet was NOT on the banned list at the end of 2018.  His particular helmet was too old to test. 

In fact, Schutt has 16 different models currently on the "allowed" list, yet this one model (both a 2011 and a 2014 example he provided) didn't pass the same test that 16 other different models passed 4 years later (2014 vs 2018 versions).  That does seem a bit fishy.  It's hard to imagine the company's models are so vastly different in the past few years that a 5 year old helmet from the dominant helmet maker in the for the NFL suddenly can't pass this impact test.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

They haven't made a determination regarding his grievance.  They just determined that, as of now (and not last year), his helmet is on the banned list.

So he hasn't been given the 1 year grace period others got when they were told last year their helmets were banned.

The league hasn't made a determination on this particular grievance because he just filed it. His prior grievance was acted on by the league. The league ruled against him. 

It was just reported that AB was at practice wearing a certified helmet. Again, I'm confident that the league will not allow him to play with a helmet that doesn't meet the safety standards established by the league and the union. 

There are technicalities to rules that sometimes have merit. This is not an issue of technicality as it is an issue of a recalcitrant and fool player who is attempting to circumvent the established rule that dealt with the grace period. 

As it was noted by a prior poster the union is not supporting or acting on his behalf because his position is nonsensical. He can continue to file grievances until his pen has no more ink. The outcome is obvious.

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....if Mayock had ANY gonads, send him the "5 day letter" and let 'em rot in his hi-chair...…

The "five day letter" should have been sent a week ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The league hasn't made a determination on this particular grievance because he just filed it. His prior grievance was acted on by the league. The league ruled against him. 

It was just reported that AB was at practice wearing a certified helmet. Again, I'm confident that the league will not allow him to play with a helmet that doesn't meet the safety standards established by the league and the union. 

There are technicalities to rules that sometimes have merit. This is not an issue of technicality as it is an issue of a recalcitrant and fool player who is attempting to circumvent the established rule that dealt with the grace period. 

As it was noted by a prior poster the union is not supporting or acting on his behalf because his position is nonsensical. He can continue to file grievances until his pen has no more ink. The outcome is obvious.

....damn right.....Chuckie is probably the impediment.....SHOCKING.......

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The league and the union allowed any player to continue to play with a banned helmet for another year if they wanted to....(his wasn't banned).

In fact, by the end of last season, 32 players were still wearing banned helmets..because they were told they could.  He's asking for that same allowance.

I don't know what his point would be for only a year..