Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

14 minutes ago, Chemical said:

No one knows! I just hope Beane didn't back out because he thought we couldn't afford to pay the best WR in the league in the two years they have the most cap space in team history.

I SURE DO !

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You hope our GM wanted to trade for the best WR in the league but not pay him?

no I hope to ***** god that Beane never had any intention of signing a douche bag like AB for any money. He may be talented but he is a distraction for this team.

I couldn't possibly be happier that he is not here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Oh you think I thought it was finalized with the league? That would be crazy. I don't know at what point it fell through but it seems like the two teams were done negotiating and had a deal in place at the very least. After that it gets hazy, but if Beane backed out because he didn't want to sign AB to the deal he got from the Raiders I'm very disappointed.

What I think is more likely is Brown expressed his displeasure with having to go to Buffalo and that's when Beane backed away from the deal. I hope so at least. 

What word did you capitalize in this post?

image.thumb.png.b615797dbacec318021ae7148462235c.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

no I hope to ***** god that Beane never had any intention of signing a douche bag like AB for any money. He may be talented but he is a distraction for this team.

I get that you don't want him on the team (although his play far outweighs his distraction), but if Beane wanted him on the team enough to give up assets to acquire him, why do you care if he gave him money also? Plenty of cap space this year and next btw

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You really don't think they had a deal in place? If not, why did Beane back away? money?

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The thing about making absolute black and white statements is that they make you look pretty foolish when you then have to backtrack on them.  You’d think folks would learn.

As for Brown, I hope the Raiders cut him, and Inhope the league then says to him he’s unemployable until he agrees to league rules.  Because you just know he and his agent will be the first to sue if he winds up with early dementia.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I get that you don't want him on the team (although his play far outweighs his distraction), but if Beane wanted him on the team enough to give up assets to acquire him, why do you care if he gave him money also? Plenty of cap space this year and next btw

Why would I care. Because I'm a Bills fan and I don't want AB here for any reason. Giving up assets / cash for AB would just make it worse

AB is not worth the headache and the money we saved by not wasting it on a me me me player will serve the franchise 1000 x's better moving forward

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You really don't think they had a deal in place? If not, why did Beane back away? money?

I don’t know for sure, which I’ve stated clearly...it’s all speculation.  I’ve got some ideas but understand that I don’t know.

What I won’t do is make firm statements, then get caught by multiple people on my contradictions and then start heavily back pedaling....and playing the semantics game.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Chemical said:

They never had a deal in place! You just have in your mind that they had a deal on place. That is not the same thing

18 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Agree, this is one of the most idiotic holdouts ever.  Get a helmet expert to Oakland, line up all the approved helmets, get the safety data on each including the old POS he wants to wear, get Brown and his DB agent in there and present the helmets to them and tell him to pick one. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

I respectfully ask that you leave me alone. I'm arguing on a message board with two posters about the same issue. Others are also taking my side, yet you're singling me out.  

Nope!

...But they don't fall apart because of money when the team trying to acquire the player has more than enough cap space.

I'm glad Beane tried to get Brown. If he backed off because he didn't want to give him a two year deal in two years where we have more than enough cap space then i'm disappointed.

Just because a team has more than adequate cap space to make a deal, it doesn’t mean that they’re automatically willing to agree to whatever salary demands a targeted player makes. I suspect that Brown, assuming he would ever deign to play here in the first place, would ask for the moon as a premium to do so.

And if a player will only play for you under certain financial conditions, it’s smart to tell him to go pound sand if he doesn’t value anything else about your organization. Especially if he’s a loser like Antonio Brown. 

• Like (+1) 2