Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Right because the Bills didn't really have the cap space this year or next.

Are you under the misguided impression that deals are made simply because teams have the cap space to accommodate them? 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You should seriously consider speaking to a mod about EAP.

I respectfully ask that you leave me alone. I'm arguing on a message board with two posters about the same issue. Others are also taking my side, yet you're singling me out.  

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Are you under the misguided impression that deals are made simply because teams have the cap space to accommodate them? 

Nope!

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

...But they don't fall apart because of money when the team trying to acquire the player has more than enough cap space.

I'm glad Beane tried to get Brown. If he backed off because he didn't want to give him a two year deal in two years where we have more than enough cap space then i'm disappointed.

50 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yes, why would they report it if it wasn't agreed upon by PIT and BUF. You tell me.

If it was agreed to and finalized - why is AB not in Buffalo.

AB did not have a no trade clause.  He was under contract.  If it was a done deal - AB had no say in stopping it.  

Therefore the logical conclusion is that someone outside the Bills leaked it was a done deal - Why?  Well you could see Pittsburgh doing it to try and force others to up their bid, but the end they got a lousy 3rd and 5th - so that didn’t work.  

The next most logical leak would be ABs agent to try and ensure the Bills did not get him.

What we know is that 1 source broke the story alone and it was not NFL.com.  One source said it was a done deal.  Several other sources said no nothing was done and nothing was imminent.  Later that evening several other sites - like NFL.com - quoting the initial source were reporting a deal was done, but obviously nothing was confirmed because there was no deal.

It does not change the fact that the Bills pushed for AB, but in the internet age where being 1st is more important than being right - you get these false reports from time to time.

It is the same way people like ICB throw crap at the wall and suddenly we have rumors of Clowney to Buffalo being reported by all types of media as a possibility.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I respectfully ask that you leave me alone. I'm arguing on a message board with two posters about the same issue. Others are also taking my side, yet you're singling me out.  

Nope!

I was simply showing concern.

C.Biscuit and I argue all the time.  I didn't feel like arguing with him about this.

The bottom line is that you have no idea if the deal was done.  Conversely, no one has any idea that it WASN'T done, either.

My opinion is that it came down to money/terms and Beane is the one who pulled out.  I wouldn't be surprised if Brown didn't want to play in Buffalo and Rosenhaus purposely asked for too much to kill it.

But we'll likely never know.

And I certainly will never give a *****.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Why do YOU care? You took the time to respond to me.

I'm not the one who cares. Why are you quoting me and not the people who are claiming the deal wasn't done. They posted THAT first. I'm simply correcting them, followed by a back and forth.

If you really don't care it should be equally annoying to see either side's argument.

It WAS reported the deal was done. It has never been refuted clearly. The Beane quote doesn't say there was no deal.

No, you prove to me "with concrete evidence" that they were wrong

This part is easy - what team is he on.  Concrete evidence that the Bills and Steelers did not have a finalized deal in place.

Simple.

Now please prove to me that somehow they did have a finalized deal in place - one approved by the NFL offices - making it official - and yet somehow AB is playing for the Raiders on a deal approved a week later.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

This part is easy - what team is he on.  Concrete evidence that the Bills and Steelers did not have a finalized deal in place.

Simple.

Now please prove to me that somehow they did have a finalized deal in place - one approved by the NFL offices - making it official - and yet somehow AB is playing for the Raiders on a deal approved a week later.

I never said finalized. You added that part in your previous post. You're now arguing against yourself, congrats!

5 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

This seems fitting after catching up on this thread...

(Actually it probably works for a lot of threads here)

Yes, this is perfect. 

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I never said finalized. You added that part in your previous post. You're now arguing against yourself, congrats!

I dont want to go back and read this whole discussion.  Can you fill me in on what you are wrong about so I can chime in?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

So was a deal done or not - you stated a deal was done - when is a deal done - when it is finalized.  If you want to say they had an agreement that fell through - that is very different.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

So was a deal done or not - you stated a deal was done - when is a deal done - when it is finalized.  If you want to say they had an agreement that fell through - that is very different.

No one knows! I just hope Beane didn't back out because he thought we couldn't afford to pay the best WR in the league in the two years they have the most cap space in team history.

Just now, Chemical said:

No one knows! I just hope Beane didn't back out because he thought we couldn't afford to pay the best WR in the league in the two years they have the most cap space in team history.

One guy reported it and some other reported him reporting it but then it turned out to be crap and he got so much ***** for it.

Just now, Chemical said:

Well, you know...or you said you knew until several others have pointed out your contradictory statement.  Just give up dude.

image.thumb.png.1432184c9da8bd135cacf7a281381ad4.png

image.thumb.png.ca42467eb09246668f6a213ec9c11b1a.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Apparently you know.  You said it was "a done deal."  Done deal = finalized.  You're not backpedaling, are you?

Edited by Gugny

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

We all know that it was not a done deal or AB would be our headache - not the Raiders.  

We do not know what AB wanted or what Buffalo was willing to give to Pittsburgh or to AB, but as I stated earlier - AB was under contract and did not have a no trade clause.  If the Bills wanted to make the trade - it was there and they would not have needed to give AB any additional money as he still had 3 years on his contract.  Now that would have been stupid as it was known AB wanted more money, but that was not a required part of the trade - it would have been smart to know what he wanted before a deal was done though.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Apparently you know.  You said it was "a done deal."  Done deal = finalized.  You're not backpedaling, are you?

Oh you think I thought it was finalized with the league? That would be crazy. I don't know at what point it fell through but it seems like the two teams were done negotiating and had a deal in place at the very least. After that it gets hazy, but if Beane backed out because he didn't want to sign AB to the deal he got from the Raiders I'm very disappointed.

What I think is more likely is Brown expressed his displeasure with having to go to Buffalo and that's when Beane backed away from the deal. I hope so at least. 

• Like (+1) 1