Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Kirby,

I never said that the Bills didn't want AB.  Of course they did, Beane publicly came out that they inquired about him and had good conversations.  What we don't know 100% is that if the deal was finalized.  It might have, it might not have been.  It's all speculation.

Oh I know, I was just using your Beane quote.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't provide any conspiracy now did I?  Did I give you any theory on what I think actually happened?  All I said is that none of us know except the parties involved...that's it.

Somehow you think that's a conspiracy when not all NFL rumors/speculation is 100% the truth?  LOL

No I'm just putting words in your mouth like you're doing to me. If they reported the deal as agreed upon bu BUF and PIT,  but it wasn't, then they must have had a reason to lie. What do you think is that reason?

3 minutes ago, eball said:

One reasonable assessment of the situation is that Beane was intrigued by the possibility of AB on the Bills and made further inquiry -- as would any competent GM.  Once it became apparent that the tradeoff between trade compensation and AB's contract demands did not fit, Beane stepped away.

Another assessment is that Beane wanted AB badly but AB told Rosenhaus "anybody but Buffalo" and that's where it ended.

In either case, I don't think anyone could have predicted or foreseen the frostbite/trench foot/helmet saga that has ensued.  And for that, I think Beane is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

This is exactly what I'm saying.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

brown isn't even on this team and people are arguing about him.  that's how much his bull#### runs over.  

It’s preseason.  He is the most interesting story in the nfl.  

The sad sad part is that crazy man will still end up with good numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

No I'm just putting words in your mouth like you're doing to me. If they reported the deal as agreed upon bu BUF and PIT,  but it wasn't, then they must have had a reason to lie. What do you think is that reason?

Your exact words were "they wouldn't have reported it if it wasn't a done deal".  That means 100%, there is no way that it's inaccurate.

Those are your words.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s preseason.  He is the most interesting story in the nfl.  

The sad sad part is that crazy man will still end up with good numbers. 

i'm sure he'll still be productive, but what he's doing in very, very wrong.  when a team commits that amount of resources towards you, they expect more than just good numbers. brown is letting down his team, teammates and fans.  it's getting to the point where he'd have to put up record type numbers to make this worth it.  missing all of camp with a new team seems like that would be a tall order.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm sure he'll still be productive, but what he's doing in very, very wrong.  when a team commits that amount of resources towards you, they expect more than just good numbers. brown is letting down his team, teammates and fans.  it's getting to the point where he'd have to put up record type numbers to make this worth it.  missing all of camp with a new team seems like that would be a tall order.

I agree with you a million percent (though maybe as some suggested he’s just trying to get out of camp.  Training camp sucks for vets).  I never wanted him and that’s why it is crazy these guys who preach culture tried to get him in the first place.  

I still think they need a true 1 and are doing Allen a disservice.  But I guess we have to see this season play out. ✌️

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree with you a million percent (though maybe as some suggested he’s just trying to get out of camp.  Training camp sucks for vets).  I never wanted him and that’s why it is crazy these guys who preach culture tried to get him in the first place.  

I still think they need a true 1 and are doing Allen a disservice.  But I guess we have to see this season play out. ✌️

i completely get trying to get out of camp.  i think that tends to be "reserved" for the older veterans that on the brink of retirement, but i get it.  the approach to it is what i don't get.  he probably could have milked the foot excuse to do it.  not that that's a good scenario, but i think the team and fans would be more understanding. 

i don't mind that our staff went after him at all.  it's beane's job to improve the roster any way he can.  he inquired, it didn't work out, and we lucked out.  i don't think it should be looked at the bills are violating their culture attitude.  you look at every opportunity that comes up.  that goes for all businesses.  i would have been excited to have him here if it worked out, and i would have been very wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i completely get trying to get out of camp.  i think that tends to be "reserved" for the older veterans that on the brink of retirement, but i get it.  the approach to it is what i don't get.  he probably could have milked the foot excuse to do it.  not that that's a good scenario, but i think the team and fans would be more understanding. 

i don't mind that our staff went after him at all.  it's beane's job to improve the roster any way he can.  he inquired, it didn't work out, and we lucked out.  i don't think it should be looked at the bills are violating their culture attitude.  you look at every opportunity that comes up.  that goes for all businesses.  i would have been excited to have him here if it worked out, and i would have been very wrong.

Fair points but it was pretty obviously he was a disaster in Pittsburgh.  Ryan Clark has been talking about how awful of a teammate he was for years.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, teef said:

Why do you say that? don't you think it's possible he plays week 1 and has a good year? John Brown has 1 catch in preseason, it doesn't matter.

31 minutes ago, teef said:

brown isn't even on this team and people are arguing about him.  that's how much his bull#### runs over.  

We just need a villian on the current team to argue about. It’s been too long since Mr Big Puff, Lil Job Sammy,etc. Next man up! People try to lob Shady out there as the one to step up but it’s not catching on. This Process ***** is ruining our fun. Even Zay stopped taking spice. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yes, why would they report it if it wasn't agreed upon by PIT and BUF. You tell me.

Because maybe the information they got was wrong?  Has that crossed your mind?

You don’t think it’s possible that they could be wrong.  You just have proven that I didn’t put words in your mouth because you again are saying “why would they report if it wasn’t agreed upon”.....meaning there’s no way that report was inaccurate.  Please tell me this isn’t too hard for you to understand.

You don’t remember when John Clayton said Bryant Johnson to Buffalo was a done deal?

Did Johnson play for Buffalo?

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because maybe the information they got was wrong?  Has that crossed your mind?

You don’t think it’s possible that they could be wrong.  You just have proven that I didn’t put words in your mouth because you again are saying “why would they report if it wasn’t agreed upon”.....meaning there’s no way that report was inaccurate.  Please tell me this isn’t too hard for you to understand.

You don’t remember when John Clayton said Bryant Johnson to Buffalo was a done deal?

Did Johnson play for Buffalo?

It's more likely that they weren't wrong. Why is that so hard for YOU to understand?

Edited by Chemical

18 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Why do you say that? don't you think it's possible he plays week 1 and has a good year? John Brown has 1 catch in preseason, it doesn't matter.

there's more than just production.  it can certainly turn around, but what brown is doing is dangerous to that team.