Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Are you putting words in my mouth?

How many times have you heard of a trade being FINALIZED in the NFL only to have it fall apart?

They traded for him. You have zero evidence that they didn't. Everyone except delusional Bills fans agrees it was a done deal until AB said no.

When you say "it wouldn't have been reported", you are saying that they would never report anything false.  That's exactly what that means.

Neither one of us know the real story of what really happened except for the parties involved in the trade.  Everything is speculation.

Your speculation isn't concrete evidence.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes, there seems to be as some revisionist history here.  If Brown wanted to come here, he’d be here pulling his crap.  As someone who never wanted him in the first place and thought it showed how BS “culture” truly is (check the Antonio Brown to Buffalo thread ?),  Beane got truly lucky.  But some here will tout him as genius for not meeting Brown’s demands.  

For as talented as he is, he is a team killer.  If he couldn’t happy in Pittsburgh, he is going to struggle being happy anywhere.  But thank god he didn’t want to come here. Beane is a genius. 

Which one is it?  I commend him for trying to get the best WR in football when WR was our biggest need. He may have gotten lucky, we will see if AB misses a significant portion of the regular season. At this point I'd still bet he shows up week 1 or sooner.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Good. You're delusional and taking what you want to hear from Beane's statement.

There are people who praised Beane because he read the draft right and “knew” Oliver would be there at 9.

honestly, sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.  But to pretend like Beane didn’t want AB to be on the Bills is kinda nuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You believe the guy who didn’t want to come here over the GM who had his trade blow up in his face and have Buffalo get embarrassed publicly?  

???

Did I say that?   I said I believe Beane over AB.  

Public embarrassment???  LOL  we hear the same crap No one wants to to go Buffalo

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Good. You're delusional and taking what you want to hear from Beane's statement.

Oh now I feel better 

scolded by 2 angry men 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When you say "it wouldn't have been reported", you are saying that they would never report anything false.  That's exactly what that means.

Neither one of us know the real story of what really happened except for the parties involved in the trade.  Everything is speculation.

Your speculation isn't concrete evidence.

What really can you believe maaaaaaan??? Get real, they traded for him. Unless YOU are saying it's a conspiracy?

Edited by Chemical

Just now, Chemical said:

Which one is it?  I commend him for trying to get the best WR in football when WR was our biggest need. He may have gotten lucky, we will see if AB misses a significant portion of the regular season. At this point I'd still bet he shows up week 1 or sooner.

I was being sarcastic.  We definitely need a receiver upgrade but AB is straight loco.  I even joke when Pittsburgh was going to trade him that they would see him to Buffalo as punishment and they did just that and AB refused. 

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bills-gm-brandon-beane-defends-buffalo-antonio-brown

Beane defends Buffalo after Brown report

GM Brandon Beane defended the city of Buffalo after the report that Antonio Brown didn't want to play there and he may miss out on something special in the future

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here’s Beane’ full statement, via the team’s Twitter account.

“We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers. We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great as a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/08/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-antonio-brown-moved-on/

Not sure that this proves anything different than what I said? The Bills wanted AB. They tried to swing a deal and it didn’t work out. Brown isn’t in Oakland because the Bills didn’t want him. The Bills may be real lucky that a deal didn’t come to fruition but your original claim @ShadyBillsFan that the Bills had “zero contact to bring him to our beloved team” isn’t true. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not sure that this proves anything different than what I said? The Bills wanted AB. They tried to swing a deal and it didn’t work out. Brown isn’t in Oakland because the Bills didn’t want him. The Bills may be real lucky that a deal didn’t come to fruition but your original claim @ShadyBillsFan that the Bills has “zero contact to bring him to our beloved team” isn’t true. 

WTF?   Where What  Did I really type 

"the Bills has “zero contact to bring him to our beloved team”

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But to pretend like Beane didn’t want AB to be on the Bills is kinda nuts

One reasonable assessment of the situation is that Beane was intrigued by the possibility of AB on the Bills and made further inquiry -- as would any competent GM.  Once it became apparent that the tradeoff between trade compensation and AB's contract demands did not fit, Beane stepped away.

Another assessment is that Beane wanted AB badly but AB told Rosenhaus "anybody but Buffalo" and that's where it ended.

In either case, I don't think anyone could have predicted or foreseen the frostbite/trench foot/helmet saga that has ensued.  And for that, I think Beane is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What really can you believe maaaaaaa??? Get real, they traded for him. Unless YOU are saying it's a conspiracy?

I didn't provide any conspiracy now did I?  Did I give you any theory on what I think actually happened?  All I said is that none of us know except the parties involved...that's it.

Somehow you think that's a conspiracy when not all NFL rumors/speculation is 100% the truth?  LOL

Just now, eball said:

One reasonable assessment of the situation is that Beane was intrigued by the possibility of AB on the Bills and made further inquiry -- as would any competent GM.  Once it became apparent that the tradeoff between trade compensation and AB's contract demands did not fit, Beane stepped away.

Another assessment is that Beane wanted AB badly but AB told Rosenhaus "anybody but Buffalo" and that's where it ended.

In either case, I don't think anyone could have predicted or foreseen the frostbite/trench foot/helmet saga that has ensued.  And for that, I think Beane is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Why would they report that as a done deal though? That is what some people are still claiming happened.

Just now, eball said:

That 100% 

I believe there was interest but no formal contract  

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not sure that this proves anything different than what I said? The Bills wanted AB. They tried to swing a deal and it didn’t work out. Brown isn’t in Oakland because the Bills didn’t want him. The Bills may be real lucky that a deal didn’t come to fruition but your original claim @ShadyBillsFan that the Bills has “zero contact to bring him to our beloved team” isn’t true. 

Kirby,

I never said that the Bills didn't want AB.  Of course they did, Beane publicly came out that they inquired about him and had good conversations.  What we don't know 100% is that if the deal was finalized.  It might have, it might not have been.  It's all speculation.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

^^

OK   I see what I did 

That is not what I meant   I butchered an edit 

Thank God the Buffalo Bills had ZERO interest in meeting the contact demands to bring him to our beloved team 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh now I feel better 

scolded by 2 angry men 

Who’s angry broseph?  I had a great weekend and hope you did too.  I’m just not delusional.  We wanted that crazy person and got completely lucky he didn’t want us.  It’s like that crazy hot girl you would give anything to date.  You try everything to date here and she just laughs at you and says no.  Then she ends up dating your friend and you are super depressed and getting laughed at by everyone.  Then she burns down your friends house and keys his car.  Then you are like, wow, I’m so glad I didn’t try and date that crazy girl!!!