Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Is anyone who claims to be a Bills fan still upset Beane didn't trade for this clown?

Depending on the price, yes. Obviously, if he wanted to play here. At this point, there's a good chance he's just trying to miss preseason. The future 3rd and 5th round pick wouldn't be contributing at all either. If he starts missing regular season games that's a different story.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I want to say it again 

Thank God the Buffalo Bills had ZERO contact to bring him to our beloved team 

The deal was done. We traded for him. Otherwise it wouldn't have been reported. Teams talk all the time and it's never reported as a done deal. 

LOL    :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Kyle 

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

The deal was done. We traded for him. Otherwise it wouldn't have been reported. Teams talk all the time and it's never reported as a done deal. 

That is not how I read the comments I saw from Beane on this matter.     

Why lie and say they never made an offer?  because of the embarrassment of a refusal?  

AB is not a "Process guy" 

well, maybe his own 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The whole situation is just so bizarre. I think Mayock has about had it with AB and now he has shot across his bow "show up or dont play for us" presser. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they issue the 5 day letter if he still hasn't reported after the week 3 preseason game.

Thank god he said no to coming here

I would be shocked if they did it.  It's such an unprecedented thing to do, I just can't imagine a team actually pulling the trigger on doing it.  It's like the Death Penalty in the NCAA, they never wanted to do it, and once they did it to SMU, they knew immediately it was WAY too far, and it will never happen again.

I think with this, the team, and every other NFL team for that matter, realize if they ring that bell, it's not something they can unring, and it is going to send shock waves into the locker room and across other teams.  Top tier talent won't want to go to the Raiders if they feel there is a chance this could get done to them.  I mean I get it that AB deserves it, but going nuclear is just something you can't undo... 

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it, because the Raiders are already a tire fire and that would shoot them into a downward spiral.  

9 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I would be shocked if they did it.  It's such an unprecedented thing to do, I just can't imagine a team actually pulling the trigger on doing it.  It's like the Death Penalty in the NCAA, they never wanted to do it, and once they did it to SMU, they knew immediately it was WAY too far, and it will never happen again.

I think with this, the team, and every other NFL team for that matter, realize if they ring that bell, it's not something they can unring, and it is going to send shock waves into the locker room and across other teams.  Top tier talent won't want to go to the Raiders if they feel there is a chance this could get done to them.  I mean I get it that AB deserves it, but going nuclear is just something you can't undo... 

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE it, because the Raiders are already a tire fire and that would shoot them into a downward spiral.  

Good point about the NCAA.  They barely punish schools that allow pedophile rings in their locker room.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Good point about the NCAA.  They barely punish schools that allow pedophile rings in their locker room.

If there was ever a team that deserved it, Penn St. was it... but punishing the current kids for the sins of the coaches and staff is really hard.  Like I said 100% deserved, but I can understand why it wasn't done... clean house and make all their names synonymous with pedophiles and cover up, their name is mud... punish the school for allowing that culture to be persistent for that long... but don't destroy the school for the kids and the alumni that had nothing to do with it. 

53 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why lie and say they never made an offer?  because of the embarrassment of a refusal?  

well, maybe his own 

Did Beane say they never made an offer to the Steelers? I've only heard hm say they backed off the deal. Which could mean after the deal was agreed upon with Steelers, Antonio said he wouldn't come to Buffalo, then they backed away.

Edited by Chemical

50 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL    :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Kyle 

well, maybe his own 

Nope, the Bills went hard after AB. They may be lucky that he’s not here but it isn’t because they didn’t want him.

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

All I heard from both Beane and Pittsburgh was that there was an initial inquiry by Buffalo - looking at what it would take, but both sides said it never got past initial discussions.

I thought I heard that the rumor of the potential deal came from ABs agent - to try and push someone else into the fray because there was so little interest, but it has been speculation since no source was revealed.

At no time do I ever remember hearing anything about a done deal.  The AB saying he would not come to Buffalo was all on ABs side.  Beane and Pittsburgh both said they had not seriously spoken for days prior to that rumor leaking about a final deal.

oops meant to say Steelers. I've never heard any of what you're saying. NFL.com reported the deal was done. Any proof of what you're saying would be appreciated since as far as I know a deal was in place then AB said he doesn't want to come to Buffalo.

Beane never denied that AB nixed the deal, he simply said the Bills backed away, which could mean they backed away after AB said he wouldn't report to Buffalo.

18 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Did Beane say they never made an offer to the Steelers? I've only heard hm say they backed off the deal. Which could mean after the deal was agreed upon with Steelers, Antonio said he wouldn't come to Buffalo, then they backed away.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, the Bills went hard after AB. They may be lucky that he’s not here but it isn’t because they didn’t want him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bills-gm-brandon-beane-defends-buffalo-antonio-brown

Beane defends Buffalo after Brown report

GM Brandon Beane defended the city of Buffalo after the report that Antonio Brown didn't want to play there and he may miss out on something special in the future

Here’s Beane’ full statement, via the team’s Twitter account.

“We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers. We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great as a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/08/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-antonio-brown-moved-on/

• Like (+1) 1

Statement from Brandon Beane:

beaten to the punch by a Cheese head 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/08/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-antonio-brown-moved-on/

General manager Brandon Beane did confirm the Bills were interested, but also stated the team has “moved on” from the deal, which is dead.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/bills-gm-brandon-beane-defends-buffalo-antonio-brown

Beane defends Buffalo after Brown report

GM Brandon Beane defended the city of Buffalo after the report that Antonio Brown didn't want to play there and he may miss out on something special in the future

What is that supposed to prove?

Beane said he was pissed of and defended the city. Doesn't change the fact that he traded for Brown then he didn't want to report.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here’s Beane’ full statement, via the team’s Twitter account.

“We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers. We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great as a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

Yeah they moved on because he didn't want to play in Buffalo. It would never have been reported as a done deal if it wasn't agreed to by PIT and BUF.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Beane said he was pissed of and defended the city. Doesn't change the fact that he traded for Brown then he didn't want to report.

Yeah they moved on because he didn't want to play in Buffalo. It would never have been reported as a done deal if it wasn't agreed to by PIT and BUF.

Are you really saying everything that comes out from the media is 100% accurate?

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You have ZERO evidence we traded for brown beyond AB's unsubstantiated claim,, to repeat again, this is what he said, "We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers".  Inquired is a long long way from "we traded".  

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you really saying everything that comes out from the media is 100% accurate?

Are you putting words in my mouth?

How many times have you heard of a trade being FINALIZED in the NFL only to have it fall apart?

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

You have ZERO evidence we traded for brown, to repeat again, this is what he said, "We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers".  Inquired is a long long way from "we traded".  

They traded for him. You have zero evidence that they didn't. Everyone except delusional Bills fans agrees it was a done deal until AB said no.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Yes, there seems to be as some revisionist history here.  If Brown wanted to come here, he’d be here pulling his crap.  As someone who never wanted him in the first place and thought it showed how BS “culture” truly is (check the Antonio Brown to Buffalo thread ?),  Beane got truly lucky.  But some here will tout him as genius for not meeting Brown’s demands.  

For as talented as he is, he is a team killer.  If he couldn’t happy in Pittsburgh, he is going to struggle being happy anywhere.  But thank god he didn’t want to come here. Beane is a genius.