Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

Mayock to Antonio Brown: Time 'to be all-in or all-out'

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

• By Adam Maya NFL.com
  • Published: Aug. 18, 2019 at 06:36 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 18, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.

Antonio Brown missed practice again, and it was because of his helmet, again.

Just 24 hours after participating in the Raiders' walkthrough, the wide receiver did not attend Oakland's workout in Napa, California. General manager Mike Mayock delivered a stern message afterward -- which the team issued itself on Twitter -- regarding Brown's absence.

"You all know that A.B. is not here today," Mayock said. "So, here's the bottom line. He's upset about the helmet issue. We have supported that, we appreciate that. OK? But at this point we've pretty much exhausted all avenues of relief. So from our perspective, it's time for him to be all-in or all-out. OK? So we're hoping he's back soon. We got 89 guys busting their tails. We are really excited about where this franchise is going, and we hope A.B.'s going to be a big part of it, starting Week 1 against Denver. End of story No questions. OK? Just wanted you guys to know where we were."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042553/article/mayock-to-antonio-brown-time-to-be-allin-or-allout

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Thank god we avoided this clown 

I actually like the guy now. It was a done deal to Buffalo then he opened his mouth. He saved Buffalo a lot of money & problems.

We dodged a bullet here. I don't care if he has a 1000 yard season, not worth the headache.

Edited by HOUSE

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Why would a team think "if he's willing to quit on one team why wouldn't he quit on us?" is that what you're asking?

Morse got a concussion trying to do his job, AB gave himself frostbite and then didn't want to play without his old helmet.

I'm thinking we got the better deal on this one.

What if AB plays and Morse doesn't?

8 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Maybe because he just quit on a better Franchise, GM, Coach, QB & supporting cast? Why wouldn't he do it again with much, much less?

Both of you need to go back and review the saga of the Steelers and AB at the end.

Also, it should be obvious that other teams, including the Bills, would have signed him (for a certain price)--and therefore were not concerned he would "quit" on them too....

Bell quit on the Steelers as well.

i was someone that would have been happy to have him on this team.  i figured any addition of high end talent would be a good addition.  boy was i wrong.  this guy is showing that's he's just not worth the head ache.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Mayock to Antonio Brown: Time 'to be all-in or all-out'

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

• By Adam Maya NFL.com
  • Published: Aug. 18, 2019 at 06:36 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 18, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.

Antonio Brown missed practice again, and it was because of his helmet, again.

Just 24 hours after participating in the Raiders' walkthrough, the wide receiver did not attend Oakland's workout in Napa, California. General manager Mike Mayock delivered a stern message afterward -- which the team issued itself on Twitter -- regarding Brown's absence.

"You all know that A.B. is not here today," Mayock said. "So, here's the bottom line. He's upset about the helmet issue. We have supported that, we appreciate that. OK? But at this point we've pretty much exhausted all avenues of relief. So from our perspective, it's time for him to be all-in or all-out. OK? So we're hoping he's back soon. We got 89 guys busting their tails. We are really excited about where this franchise is going, and we hope A.B.'s going to be a big part of it, starting Week 1 against Denver. End of story No questions. OK? Just wanted you guys to know where we were."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042553/article/mayock-to-antonio-brown-time-to-be-allin-or-allout

Hard to imagine that AB's antics are already wearing thin HAHAHA

I hated the idea of the Bills trading for him, and it looks like AB refusing to come here or whatever happened was a BLESSING!!!!! 

I love that the Raiders are spiraling out of control, and I look forward to the next chapter in this saga....

I almost expect Brown to demand a trade or release because he doesn't like the way Mayock is talking about him HAHAHAHA sounds like something this drama queen would do!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What if AB plays and Morse doesn't?

We’ll have to wait and see. 

Both of you need to go back and review the saga of the Steelers and AB at the end.

Also, it should be obvious that other teams, including the Bills, would have signed him (for a certain price)--and therefore were not concerned he would "quit" on them too....

Yeah, everyone is familiar with his saga on the Steelers. And he had few suitors as a result. The Bills were likely only offering a small amount of guaranteed money just in case he pulled what he did with the Steelers/what he’s pulling with the Raiders now.

Bell quit on the Steelers as well  

And he’s the Jets’ problem. Like Brown and the Raiders, better them than us. 

Edited by Doc

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, everyone is familiar with his saga on the Steelers. And he had few suitors as a result. The Bills were likely only offering a small amount of guaranteed money just in case he pulled what he did with the Steelers/what he’s pulling with the Raiders now.

And he’s the Jets’ problem. Like Brown and the Riaders, better them than us. 

And he’s the Jets’ problem. Like Brown and the Riaders, better them than us. 

So nice, you had to say it twice.

Anyway, AB's price is what held up any chance he would become a Bill.  Factoring in some sort of "agita index" into the price is something you made up and likely did not happen.  Bottom line, for the preferred price, Beane wanted AB on this roster---warts and all.

I mentioned Bell because, a year before AB quit on the same team, he walked away from "a better team/coach/roster".   The same team, in fact...

The whole situation is just so bizarre. I think Mayock has about had it with AB and now he has shot across his bow "show up or dont play for us" presser. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they issue the 5 day letter if he still hasn't reported after the week 3 preseason game.

Thank god he said no to coming here

• Like (+1) 3