Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

6 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

That is true. It still remains that the NFL has banned his helmet and the NFL is specific as to what you can and cannot wear on the field. 

The NFL hasn't "banned" his helmet. His particular helmet is just too old to be certified. It looks like he may have found a newer helmet of the same model with one (possibly two?) years left before it's over 10 years old.  If it fits him, he can get it refurbished and repainted. If it passes the recertification, he can wear it. Once it's over 10 years old, he won't be able to wear it anymore. At least that's the way I understand it.

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

The NFL hasn't "banned" his helmet. His particular helmet is just too old to be certified. It looks like he may have found a newer helmet of the same model with one (possibly two?) years left before it's over 10 years old.  If it fits him, he can get it refurbished and repainted. If it passes the recertification, he can wear it. Once it's over 10 years old, he won't be able to wear it anymore. At least that's the way I understand it.

Maybe he can wear his favorite helmet in CFL.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:52 PM, Rochesterfan said:

The rules are not driven by the NFL, but this was what the NFLPA wanted and agreed to.  More safety for the players and better requirements for the manufacturers.

I believe as long as he is part of the NFLPA - he gave up free choice.

The rules are in place for all players to be treated equally and fairly.  This is not the idiotic NHL that allowed players to be grandfathered in to not wearing helmets when it was clearly an issue.  

like I said, no future players can use the old helmets; just the guys 9+ years in.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:46 PM, Bills2ref said:

The big problem is, people sign away things like this, and then bring a lawsuit anyways. Often they win or get a big settlement. Brown is definitely the person who would sign a paper until it is no longer convenient for him. It is completely understandable that the NFL wouldn’t be willing to take that chance for someone who has shown to lack all basic reasoning skills. 

That is where our Countries differ. In CAD, you could smash your face to bits from a slip and fall in a grocery on a banana peel left by an employee and the most you would see is a few 100k; let alone signing a waiver beforehand. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2019 at 6:26 AM, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well, time to amputate I guess.......

He should have planned a 4th of July party with Jason Pierre-Paul.

Could have killed a few toes with 1 fire cracker.

7 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

like I said, no future players can use the old helmets; just the guys 9+ years in.

Totally disagree - if the NFL and the Union make an agreement - all players within the union should abide by the decision.  The players still have a choice, but it is to leave the union and play football someplace else.  Their choice should not be about equipment.

If the firefighters get some new equipment that better protects them and helps keep them alive - the fire chiefs do not go - well you are a veteran you can decide.  Same with military or law enforcement- construction workers - etc.  

People in all manner of jobs have uniform and safety decisions thrust upon them and have to wear and do things beyond what they want because in reality people are stupid and avoid change for no reason.  AB is acting like a baby and there is no reason he should be allowed to do something just because he is a whiner - suck it up or quit and get out.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

A signed helmet?  How about.........oneBILLION dollars? 

Exactly. He is being super cheap. Like someone is going to fly out there for a signed helmet that AB himself gets for free. How about a minimum of 100k, you pay for my flight out there, and give me a few box seats to games this year. 

15 hours ago, The Dean said:

Ok the helmet isnt approved by the NFL. Even Schutt the manufacturer said that they stopped producing that model helmet because it is old technology that has been surpassed by newer safer technology.