Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

I'd be more disappointed if he didn't rejoin the Raiders.... now we can enjoy more issues and complaining and him torpedoing that franchise...

Can't wait for him to have just 1 catch in week 1 and call our Carr. 

13 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

You're allowed to laugh all you want but who was the QB that broke our playoff drought? 

Andy Dalton. ?

(Just kidding, but someone will make that claim anyway.)

I find it hilariously ironic that, as a Canadian (Montreal), I gotta be the one to school y'all Yankees on the concept of free choice. I think it is ridiculous that AB can't just sign a waiver and wear his helmet. Future players will have to choose from the approved list but guys like AB, TB, AR, etc, should be able to use what they want. On player safety, have you seen Micheal Bennett's shoulder pads? They are for a kicker I think. Even though heads are more fragile than shoulders, I think that guys who have been in the league for more than 3 years before the announcement of the change (five years ago) should be able to wear the equipment that they have worn since they entered the NFL. 9 year dudes should be able to choose for themselves provided they waive responsibility of the league. GO BILLS btw ?

Edited by Threedollabills

1 hour ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

You're allowed to laugh all you want but who was the QB that broke our playoff drought? 

I wasn't aware that he was solely responsible!

I also wasn't aware that eking into the playoffs and proceeding to score 3 whole points qualifies a QB for the "franchise" label!

Let's face it: "trade a mid round pick for the best WR in football" is a much, much, much less insane take than "I hereby proclaim Tyrod Taylor a franchise QB". 

10 minutes ago, Threedollabills said:

I find it hilariously ironic that, as a Canadian (Montreal), I gotta be the one to school y'all Yankees on the concept of free choice. I think it is ridiculous that AB can't just sign a waiver and wear his helmet. Future players will have to choose from the approved list but guys like AB, TB, AR, etc, should be able to use what they want. On player safety, have you seen Micheal Bennett's shoulder pads? They are for a kicker I think. Even though heads are more fragile than shoulders, I think that guys who have been in the league for more than 3 years before the announcement of the change (five years ago) should be able to wear the equipment that they have worn since they entered the NFL. 9 year dudes should be able to choose for themselves provided they waive responsibility of the league. GO BILLS btw ?

Two things- 

1- I expect you to apologize to me. I’ll tell you why later when I think of the reason. (Not that there needs to be a reason, really.)

2- I get what you’re saying, but this is more of a “good of the brand” deal. And it’s not a football specific thing. Companies make blue collar workers wear steal toe boots and other such protective gear. When we’re talking about employement, freedom of choice is tempered by the freedom of the company to enact rules for their employees. He still has the freedom to not play football and lose millions of dollars. He’s shown he’s not willing to stand by that threat. Now, if Uncle Sam came round to my back yard and told my pickup game that we had to wear helmets or else we’d be fined or arrested, you can bet your maple syrupy sweet ass that there’d be a revolution right then and there (likely a short one, as we’re fat, slightly intoxicated, wanna be “operators”.)

I imagine in Canada if the Mounties came round and ordered you to do something you’d thank them kindly and offer to buff their Sam Browne while you’re at it... ;)

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Threedollabills said:

The big problem is, people sign away things like this, and then bring a lawsuit anyways. Often they win or get a big settlement. Brown is definitely the person who would sign a paper until it is no longer convenient for him. It is completely understandable that the NFL wouldn’t be willing to take that chance for someone who has shown to lack all basic reasoning skills. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/11/2019 at 2:01 PM, Mark Vader said:

One of your bold predictions was that the Raiders would say screw it and just forfeit the season and move to Las Vegas now..........You may have been onto something.

NFLPA would never allow it unless NFL guaranteed that each and every member would be able to achieve every contract bonus in contracts and pay them for missing playoffs, Probowl and Superbowl.

3 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

If the NFL wants headgear to meet a certain safety standard and Brown's old helmet doesnt, then it is pretty cut and dry. The NFL gives the players choices of certain helmets that are approved, pick one and deal with it. The NFL told teams and players that last year was the last year to be able to use that helmet. If you think the NFL is going to risk getting sued for head injury because they gave a waiver then you are definitely not smarter than an engineer. 

Approval process is not all safety.  Some of it is marketing.

2 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

The rules are not driven by the NFL, but this was what the NFLPA wanted and agreed to.  More safety for the players and better requirements for the manufacturers.

I believe as long as he is part of the NFLPA - he gave up free choice.

The rules are in place for all players to be treated equally and fairly.  This is not the idiotic NHL that allowed players to be grandfathered in to not wearing helmets when it was clearly an issue.  

4 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

The Al Secord Principle

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

HEY now.  Oh wait ....  no degree .  I'm not an engineer even though I do the job of one.  

:ph34r:  Tom has to refit the new helmets with the illegal transceivers. That's not easy 

1696 NFL players  and 2 are whining 

whambulance.jpg

There are Engineers and there are Engineers what actually learned from working the floor. 

"Book Smarts" don't mean crap 

the ones i deal with did not come from the floor and i want to strangle them.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Peterman.

If he had not blown up vs SD and been replaced by Tyrod, Bills may not have made playoffs as Peterman lost games looking Ok and still developing in the eyes of McBeane.

that above secario could have happened but......

yes Tyrod was the man that year. I give him credit.

Edited by cba fan