Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

39 minutes ago, MR8 said:

If the best QB in history is coming out and saying "It sucks but I'll deal with it" then AB absolutely looks like a "Damn Fool" acting like he should have more pull than the Tom Bradys of the world... 

If the helmet is not as good then they should look into it. This sounds like a case of engineers who think they are smarter than everyone and dont have to listen to the peasants even though they have valuable information that the engineers should use.

( Did i mention i hate engineers, in case i forgot to say it , i hate engineers.)

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If the helmet is not as good then they should look into it. This sounds like a case of engineers who think they are smarter than everyone and dont have to listen to the peasants even though they have valuable information that the engineers should use.

( Did i mention i hate engineers, in case i forgot to say it , i hate engineers.)

What valuable information could the "peasants" possibly have? That the area of view isn't as good in the new helmet as it was in the old? They are engineers....their entire job is the to ensure the structural stability, efficiency, and safety of the helmet. 

I'd take the word of someone trained to look for more then just "I can't see as good." Besides, in this case it was also co-designed by neurosurgeons. If you want to say that we're smarter then engineers and neurosurgeons...well, nothing anyone says will help you.

Edited by Jdragon2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think all of this crap is staged for Hard Knocks.

Nothing wrong with his feet.  He'll change his helmet.  He'll be ready to go for week 1.

Gruden = Hollywood.

I'm starting to think the same thing.

Don't forget.  This will also be the Raiders last season in Oakland, before they move to Las Vegas.

There's certainly something to the fact that the platform is a bit bigger than usual playing into this.

That said, dude melted off all his foot skin, so that isn't imaginary.  He'll be fine from that tho, just a bit tender for a bit.

12 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

What valuable information could the "peasants" possibly have? That the area of view isn't as good in the new helmet as it was in the old? They are engineers....their entire job is the to ensure the structural stability, efficiency, and safety of the helmet. 

I'd take the word of someone trained to look for more then just "I can't see as good." Besides, in this case it was also co-designed by neurosurgeons. If you want to say that we're smarter then engineers and neurosurgeons...well, nothing anyone says will help you.

you must not have worked with engineers. Also if you dont recognize that the players have insight into the equipment they are using, you are greatly mistaken.

when you have an engineer completely $%&@#!!! Up your equipment and refuse to recognize they were wrong and just keep plowing ahead because they are "smarter" than you let me know.

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

HEY now.  Oh wait ....  I do not have a degree, ergo I can't be classified as an engineer. (thanks Gov't contracts)  I'm not an engineer even though I do the job of one.  

:ph34r:  Tom has to refit the new helmets with the illegal transceivers. That's not easy 

1696 NFL players  and 2 are whining 

whambulance.jpg

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

you must not have worked with engineers. Also if you dont recognize that the players have insight into the equipment they are using, you are greatly mistaken.

when you have an engineer completely $%&@#!!! Up your equipment and refuse to recognize they were wrong and just keep plowing ahead because they are "smarter" than you let me know.

There are Engineers and there are Engineers what actually learned from working the floor. 

"Book Smarts" don't mean crap 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think all of this crap is staged for Hard Knocks.

Nothing wrong with his feet.  He'll change his helmet.  He'll be ready to go for week 1.

Gruden = Hollywood.

this right here.

I want to say this is too outlandish for even him so i think it's a ploy to attract followers (look at this thread alone); clicks and viewers to the series, i bet this all blows over once the season starts, with the exception of more mild shenanigans just to keep him in the limelight; he's gonna struggle to post those numbers going forward regardless of his ability or those around him.

now he's stating he'll sue the NFL if he's injured in the new helmet?  only reality TV would make this a thing.

if i were that much more of a betting man i'd say he's scared of fading away and becoming 'normal'

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

HEY now.  Oh wait ....  no degree .  I'm not an engineer even though I do the job of one.  

:ph34r:  Tom has to refit the new helmets with the illegal transceivers. That's not easy 

1696 NFL players  and 2 are whining 

whambulance.jpg

There are Engineers and there are Engineers what actually learned from working the floor. 

"Book Smarts" don't mean crap 

Actually my best friend is a mechanical engineer, his father was one and I've been around them all my life.  They can be know-it-all jerks, but they know their crap. I'd still take the word of a "book smart" engineer over someone who can't read the warning label on a cryotherapy machine. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If the NFL wants headgear to meet a certain safety standard and Brown's old helmet doesnt, then it is pretty cut and dry. The NFL gives the players choices of certain helmets that are approved, pick one and deal with it. The NFL told teams and players that last year was the last year to be able to use that helmet. If you think the NFL is going to risk getting sued for head injury because they gave a waiver then you are definitely not smarter than an engineer. 

AB's starting to resemble TO's weirdness combined with Randy Moss's no craps given. He's well on his way to becoming the ultimate diva WR (I still have to grant the reigning title to Randy "I play when I want" Moss).

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Steven A is awesome now.  Very entertaining and has become self aware.  Much better than Skip or Cowherd.

I think it is how TO used to behaved.  They both acted like idiots but would eventually get their way.  There are a lot of Bills fans who ignored Incognito’s behavior and would still welcome him back. 

Stephen A Smith is the king of sports talk show television right now. Seems nothing is ever decided until SAS decrees it to be so. I like Max Kellerman because I can just imagine how futile it feels having to debate every day against the one man who has the ultimate say so on everything sports.

I probably prefer Skip just cause he's not on the ESPN throne. SAS is funny and all but it's hard to really care what he has to say since you know no one will ever call him out or disagree with him. His show is just "Stephen A Smith Lords Over Puny Sports Pundits".

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P