Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

1 hour ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Hmmmmm. Never saw this coming. LOL

I'm just gonna keep quiet and laugh at those who wanted this clown.  

Hold your laughter for a few months.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank God the nfl is the only place where divas exist.  Could you imagine if politicians behaved like this???

You don't watch the NBA, do you?

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then the Raiders should just tell him he doesn't get to play and tear up the contract he signed.  Enough is enough with this moron.

I heard a sound bite of Gruden kissing AB’s ass yesterday saying that no one should laugh at his foot deal because it’s serious and not his fault, and that his helmet thing is personal and they support him 100%. AB is like a 2 year old who you do anything you can to find the binky just to stop the tantrum.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hold your laughter for a few months.

You don't watch the NBA, do you?

I was totally kidding.  We live in a world where politicians act like 5 year olds and some fans get mad at guys playing a sport acting like a diva.  

I wish everyone just acted like Johnny Unitas.  That guy was all business! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was totally kidding.  We live in a world where politicians act like 5 year olds and some fans get mad at guys playing a sport acting like a diva.  

I wish everyone just acted like Johnny Unitas.  That guy was all business! 

This is why I'm apolitical.  Both sides have adults who act like 5 year olds and both sides have supporters who live and die with each word.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard a sound bite of Gruden kissing AB’s ass yesterday saying that no one should laugh at his foot deal because it’s serious and not his fault, and that his helmet thing is personal and they support him 100%. AB is like a 2 year old who you do anything you can to find the binky just to stop the tantrum.  

I would tell him to walk, and I would then have all the owners and Goodell stand up and say no one is going to have him in their team and dare him to claim collusion. 

Everyone acts like Antonio Brown is a petulant child, but the reality is that he has a ton of leverage, is worth a TON, and he knows it.  He has traits that are valued in the hundreds of millions of actual, real dollars.  

Sure, he's a bit wacky, but the days of the ultra elite one in a hundred million human keeping quiet and not asserting their value is over.

It makes us sad every now and then when we get spurned by one of these ultra elite individuals, but we'd best get used to them dictating the terms of their own lives a WHOLE lot more because we're only on the leading edge of this trend.

Edited by akm0404

Just now, akm0404 said:

Everyone acts like Antonio Brown is a petulant child, but the reality is that he has a ton of leverage, is worth a TON, and he knows it.  He has traits that are valued in the hundreds of millions of actual, real dollars.  

Sure, he's a bit wacky, but the days of the ultra elite one in a hundred million human keeping quiet and not asserting their value is over.

It makes us sad every now and then when we get spurned by one of these ultra elite individuals, but we'd best get used to them dictating the terms of their own lives a WHOLE lot more because we're only on the leading edge of this trend.

We don't act like he is a petulant child .  He is a petulant child. 

Being a hockey town, you'd think we'd appreciate athletes being unreasonable about helmets.  Those goobers let themselves get blasted in the teeth for absolutely no reason, just because it isn't manly enough to wear a cage.  

Athletes are fickle creatures, indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

He doesn't have much leverage.  There were just 2 suitors for him and one, the Bills, backed-out.  If he doesn't report, he's still under contract with the Raiders. 

since this IS related to the new helmets 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27371886/brady-adjusting-new-helmet-love-it

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- While Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brownsays he won't play football unless he can wear his old helmet that is now banned by the NFL, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady acknowledged that it's been an adjustment for him to get used to a new helmet.

"I've been experimenting with a couple different ones, and I don't really love the one that I'm in, but I don't really have much of a choice," Brady said Monday on the "The Greg Hill Show" on sports radio WEEI. "So I'm just trying to do the best I can to work with it."

Its not often (ever) I agree with Stephen A 

Stephen A.: Antonio Brown looks like a 'damn fool'

dm_190812_NFL_SAS_ON_AB_RAIDERS679.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

If the best QB in history is coming out and saying "It sucks but I'll deal with it" then AB absolutely looks like a "Damn Fool" acting like he should have more pull than the Tom Bradys of the world... 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

since this IS related to the new helmets 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27371886/brady-adjusting-new-helmet-love-it

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- While Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brownsays he won't play football unless he can wear his old helmet that is now banned by the NFL, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady acknowledged that it's been an adjustment for him to get used to a new helmet.

"I've been experimenting with a couple different ones, and I don't really love the one that I'm in, but I don't really have much of a choice," Brady said Monday on the "The Greg Hill Show" on sports radio WEEI. "So I'm just trying to do the best I can to work with it."

Its not often (ever) I agree with Stephen A 

Stephen A.: Antonio Brown looks like a 'damn fool'

dm_190812_NFL_SAS_ON_AB_RAIDERS679.jpg

Steven A is awesome now.  Very entertaining and has become self aware.  Much better than Skip or Cowherd.

3 minutes ago, MR8 said:

If the best QB in history is coming out and saying "It sucks but I'll deal with it" then AB absolutely looks like a "Damn Fool" acting like he should have more pull than the Tom Bradys of the world... 

I think it is how TO used to behaved.  They both acted like idiots but would eventually get their way.  There are a lot of Bills fans who ignored Incognito’s behavior and would still welcome him back. 

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it is how TO used to behaved.  They both acted like idiots but would eventually get their way.  There are a lot of Bills fans who ignored Incognito’s behavior and would still welcome him back. 

The NFL won't back down on this one.  This is a matter of concussions and the NFL isn't going to cater to one player, especially when even more marquee players are accepting the change.

• Like (+1) 1