Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No but I’m betting AB will be AB on the field...all this other stuff is just fun (or, for the majority of the posters in this thread, whistling past the graveyard).

So what do you make of this helmet stunt he's pulling?  Obviously he can no longer use the helmet so trying to fight it is stupid.  Do you figure he's already trying to quit on the Raiders/get them to release or cut him?

Although the NFL and the Players Association have been testing helmets for five years, there's no longer a grandfather clause allowing players to keep their preferred headgear if it loses certification.

"The prohibited helmets will not be allowed in the locker room," Jeff Miller, the NFL's executive vice president of health and safety initiatives, told reporters in April. "A player will not be allowed on the field [wearing such a helmet]."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849093-raiders-rumors-antonio-brown-files-helmet-grievance-against-nfl?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I was breezing through this thread and about to post the same.

AB is a whack job and I'll believe in his demise when I see it on the field.

AB, Burfict and Ritchie (did I leave anyone out?) are guys that Al would have approved of and may have prospered with. In a different era.

Incognito is an ACTUAL psychopath...and most of these same posters would be opening the car door for him if he was brought back to the Bills.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

So what do you make of this helmet stunt he's pulling?  Obviously he can no longer use the helmet so trying to fight it is stupid.  Do you figure he's already trying to quit on the Raiders/get them to release or cut him?

Who knows.  Who cares.  If he doesn’t play this year then we can have this discussion 

• Thank you (+1) 2

His old helmet might have better visibility but I haven't heard of other receivers complaining. I thought I read of Brady wanting his old helmet . It might be just an excuse if his numbers go down with the Raiders.

1 minute ago, ALF said:

His old helmet might have better visibility but I haven't heard of other receivers complaining. I thought I read of Brady wanting his old helmet . It might be just an excuse if his numbers go down with the Raiders.

Brady and Rodgers both wanted the old helmet but they weren’t allowed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who knows.  Who cares.  If he doesn’t play this year then we can have this discussion 

LOL!  If you didn't like/admire/whatever him, you'd be ripping him to shreds over this.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  If you didn't like/admire/whatever him, you'd be ripping him to shreds over this.

You would be wrong,  as ever.

Go back and read my threads in that idiotic “Bills won’t get AB because of Poyer” thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

This guy is the biggest prima donna ####### i have ever seen !! 

First he screws the Steelers for all the money in his contract because he has a hissy fit about what ever he cry baby ass was complaining about & now because he thinks he's above the rules & got his guaranteed moneys from the Raiders & doesn't want to abide by the rules he's whining again !

I wish this ASS BAG would just go the frig away take his stolen money & his kids & family and go to Gilligans Island & let us enjoy football with out his prima donna BS talk about a cancer this guy brings a entire new meaning to the term !

I think he's more like a plague !! First class POS ? Prima donna cry baby !! Just GO AWAY AB !! 

1 minute ago, T master said:

This guy is the biggest prima donna ####### i have ever seen !! 

First he screws the Steelers for all the money in his contract because he has a hissy fit about what ever he cry baby ass was complaining about & now because he thinks he's above the rules & got his guaranteed moneys from the Raiders & doesn't want to abide by the rules he's whining again !

I wish this ASS BAG would just go the frig away take his stolen money & his kids & family and go to Gilligans Island & let us enjoy football with out his prima donna BS talk about a cancer this guy brings a entire new meaning to the term !

I think he's more like a plague !! First class POS ? Prima donna cry baby !! Just GO AWAY AB !! 

I'd rather he stayed.  It's comedy gold, Jerry!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Sir you have a sick sense of humor but i guess if you drink enough beer you could find humor in it some where ? 

Nothing sick about it.  It's not like he's doing anything illegal or immoral.  He's just being a head case like I knew he'd be. 

I became an AB fan for a while from having him in fantasy football for a few years in a row.  Just loved watching him play, he is just unreal when he is at his best.  

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year given he didn’t have a lot of baggage prior to that.  But as the offseason wore on, he just got worse and worse and now it’s at the point where I can’t stand him and he’s entering T.O. (At his worst) type territory.  

He went from a guy who worked harder than everyone to get to where he’s at, to a monstrous entitled diva who thinks he’s bigger than everything and everyone.  

Now I got my popcorn ready to sit back and laugh as I watch this s**t show go down as I hate the Raiders too (mostly because Raider fans are the absolute worse out here in Cali).

Now I secretly sit here praying that somehow, someway, Peterman ends up starting and watching AB deal with that Hahahaha!!!!

Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He went from a guy who worked harder than everyone to get to where he’s at, to a monstrous entitled diva who thinks he’s bigger than everything and everyone.  

Absolutely.  He became the best in the league through hard work (although, having a HOF QB and the best RB in the league did not hurt him).

Now .. he has ... well, he doesn't have a HOF QB or an elite RB ... and he's certainly not working like he used to.

I want to say that money ruined him; but he's really just ruining himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Absolutely.  He became the best in the league through hard work (although, having a HOF QB and the best RB in the league did not hurt him).

Now .. he has ... well, he doesn't have a HOF QB or an elite RB ... and he's certainly not working like he used to.

I want to say that money ruined him; but he's really just ruining himself.

It’s most likely a combination of both. Big ego+big money=this current AB, i guess.