Antonio Brown Tells Raiders without his helmet no football

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really think he has CTE.  

My brother is a die Hard Steelers fan.  He's confused how AB has changed so much.  He used to be a guy that just came to work, did his job, worked hard and kept pretty much quiet.  Now he's dying his mustache blonde, won't shut up, criticizes old teammates and his DIVA level is at Mariah Carey's.

He went from this:

Image result for antonio brown rookie year

To this:

Image result for Crazy Eyes

It's possible it's CTE, but it's also possible that years of being told he's special, he's number one, he's amazing, yada yada yada have just gone to the guy's head.  It's a similar phenomenon to politicians who when they're Town Councilmen they're still "every day joes" but when they make it to congress and what not they become these monsters demanding all kinds of crazy ***** and they're concept of reality has become warped by years of people bending over backwards to kiss their ass. 

I think there could be a bit of both here... Brown used to be determined to prove who he thought he was... now that he has proven it, he is enjoying shoving it in people's faces... Could be CTE, and it could just be his natural personality coming out and being amplified by years of people kissing his ass and telling him how special he is.

I could see him having a fall like TO did when he starts to decline and simply can't deal with people not fawning all over him anymore.  TO melted down towards the end as he was falling off, and his act got old... his production level and his headache level were no longer in the correct proportion for teams being willing to sign him.  TO probably could've played another year or two... but he wouldn't have been the TO of old, but he would still bring the circus to town.  It wasn't worth it to any team to deal with that.

Brown is going to get to that point too, and he LOVES the spot light just like TO... so I can see a melt down like TO.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

toes-tatoo-sexyfeet-feet-rose-wallace.jp

Somewhere Rex Ryan is drooling over this picture... 

• Like (+1) 2

He still looked pretty decent on Hard Knocks last night. Dude can catch.  I wonder how long it will take for his feet to completely heal.  Funny side note, he had his kids with him at a practice when he was sidelined and one of his sons asked him "Where's Roethlisberger?"

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Haha (+1) 4

I had a family member that had this problem  around the knee after ACL surgery.  they used the circulating ice water bath too frequently and long.  Killed a lot of the skin all over the knee in that case, but it eventually healed up.   Cryo damage, don't know if that ever heals however.  I hesitate to say this, but, AB may have shot himself in the foot!

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That's not severe frostbite.  If it was severe (amputation severe), his feet would be very dark black and look far from normal.  He should be fine.

I agree, it doesn't look like severe frostbite, what is does look like is that he has damaged the thickened, callused skin that we all have on the bottom of our feet.  The skin is blistered, the equivalent of a 2nd degree burn.  All of that damaged skin is going to have to come off.  You can see where some of it has already come off revealing new soft skin beneath.  All of the skin that looks yellow is going to have to come off and that is going to take some time.  If he plays football now I think he is at risk of splitting the skin where the "new" skin butts up against the thickened, injured skin.  If he splits the skin on the bottom of his foot he is going to be out of commission even longer.

I think he misses regular season games over this.  Don't be surprised if he ends up on the PUP list to start the season.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I agree, it doesn't look like severe frostbite, what is does look like is that he has damaged the thickened, callused skin that we all have on the bottom of our feet.  The skin is blistered, the equivalent of a 2nd degree burn.  All of that damaged skin is going to have to come off.  You can see where some of it has already come off revealing new soft skin beneath.  All of the skin that looks yellow is going to have to come off and that is going to take some time.  If he plays football now I think he is at risk of splitting the skin where the "new" skin butts up against the thickened, injured skin.  If he splits the skin on the bottom of his foot he is going to be out of commission even longer.

I think he misses regular season games over this.  

I had this exact thing happen to the side of my hand one winter. I ended up splitting it, like you described, and kept opening it up. My hand was bleeding for, essentially, three weeks and now I have a weird scar that runs between my wrist and pinky finger.

Edited by sodbuster
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think he misses regular season games over this.  Don't be surprised if he ends up on the PUP list to start the season.

Hands and feet are everything for a wide receiver. He will not be effective for a significant time even after coming off the PUP list.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My brother is a die Hard Steelers fan.  He's confused how AB has changed so much.  He used to be a guy that just came to work, did his job, worked hard and kept pretty much quiet.  Now he's dying his mustache blonde, won't shut up, criticizes old teammates and his DIVA level is at Mariah Carey's.

He went from this:

To this:

Someone that was on the Steelers or close to them warned about AB when was going to get his first big contract, and this isn't the exact quote but said "when he gets paid, it's going to change him."  

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He went from this:

To this:

Ryan Clark said money completely changed him.  Fame is an addiction to some people.

why they even tried to traded for this idiot is beyond me.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Someone that was on the Steelers or close to them warned about AB when was going to get his first big contract, and this isn't the exact quote but said "when he gets paid, it's going to change him."  

Yeah...this makes sense.  WTF....I've never had his money but I still feel like I would be somewhat normal.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ryan Clark said money completely changed him.  Fame is an addiction to some people.

why they even tried to traded for this idiot is beyond me.  

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah...this makes sense.  WTF....I've never had his money but I still feel like I would be somewhat normal.

I think the key word, here, is "idiot."  This guy is a mental midget.

I've heard a lot of interviews with is dad, "Touchdown Eddie Brown," because he's (I believe) the most prolific WR in AFL history and played in Albany.  He always seemed like a nice, down to earth dude.

His son ... not so much.