I hate directv! (rant)

Steptide

Game was on WETM in Elmira. But WETM is part of the Nexstar pissing match so not on. Of course blacked out on 212-1 because it was available locally. I watched it on the Bills website  and had no issues but I think that was only available regionally.

...If you switch then who ever you switch to goes through the same BS. Directv did send me a free "local connect". It said I would get 21 stations, I got a few PBS stations lol

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Call center workers who 4 days ago said they'd send me a free antenna that plugs into my cable box for local channels, only to tell me last night that this antenna they were supposed to send (which they didn't and never told they wernt sending it) doesnt work with my directv box? Yes, innocent call center employees who are other countries and can't understand what I'm asking 

Sounds like you’re better off taking your business somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Marv Levy said:

I tried Reddit NFL Streams last night. It was choppy at first, but i was actually able to watch most of it no problem. I'm surprised the NFL is going bonkers about the Reddit website stream! Anybody else watch it thru Reddit? Just curious.

I watched every game through reddit last year on my ipad, and then streamed it through apple TV onto my big TV in the living room. Cant beat it for free-99.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I had pretty much the exact same situation last night. Direct TV shows the game is on channel 212.1 but as I tune in at 7PM Says it's blacked out.

Geeez, I live in Florida. A Black out in Florida??  Bills Colts??

I already purchased a season pass but somehow they want to gouge the fans for another $99 for preseason garbage. GREED!!

I watched the game on Bills Mafia but the stream was poor.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm venting here, I need to get it all out because my wife doesnt seem to understand. 

Last night, like all of us, I was looking forward to watching the bills. I have not had CBS since the beginning of July and not had ABC since June. I was plenty aware the bills games would be on CBS. First thing I did was bought 2 over the air antennas. One was a cheap 10 dollar one and the other a powered 75 dollar one (both indoor). Anyway, neither of those worked, so I bit the bullet and subscribed to YouTube TV which includes all local channels. As much as I hate paying for both directv and a streaming TV service, at least I'd be able to watch my bills. 

Low and behold, YouTube had the bills game blocked on CBS last night and directv has no CBS where I live. I tried in a fit of rage to get my antenna working but no luck. I called directv and lost my mind on them. After that I attempted to watch the game via the bills app, but the stream was sketchy at best. Very pixalated and constantly cutting out. 

I called directv back again (to see if there was a way I could watch ppv) and the woman told me that CBS and directv agreed to a deal and I should have cbs (which I didnt). She then transfers me to tech support who tells me that CBS DID reach a deal, just not where I live. I'm almost to the point of getting spectrum, and paying for both services. Only reason I won't cancel directv is the Sunday Ticket. I can't be the only one in this boat? 

You can buy and stream Sunday ticket over the internet without a dtv subscription. 

Ive have Sunday ticket for 6 years and have never had direct tv

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Call center workers who 4 days ago said they'd send me a free antenna that plugs into my cable box for local channels, only to tell me last night that this antenna they were supposed to send (which they didn't and never told they wernt sending it) doesnt work with my directv box? Yes, innocent call center employees who are other countries and can't understand what I'm asking 

so much anger.

39 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I'm in VA, too. The first 45 minutes were blacked out on my DVR recording, but my son and I kept fast forwarding and rewinding, then it started playing. I may have gotten lucky because of a glitch.

Hey, that’s worth a try! I have it set to record again at 2:00am replay, but I’ll check this out today. 

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Isn’t that for outdoor antennas? Do people use those anymore?

It seems they are making a comeback as people get fed up with cable and DTV. One guy just yesterday was telling how much better the picture is than cable. I know several people moving to antennas and saving a lot of money. Add Netflix and maybe HULU, etc and forget the cable bill. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Isn’t that for outdoor antennas? Do people use those anymore?

I didn’t know you could post from the call center.

It's just an amplifier to improve the range. it's for inside. Helped me out a ton.

Edited by BillsFan2313

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hey, that’s worth a try! I have it set to record again at 2:00am replay, but I’ll check this out today. 

It seems they are making a comeback as people get fed up with cable and DTV. One guy just yesterday was telling how much better the picture is than cable. I know several people moving to antennas and saving a lot of money. Add Netflix and maybe HULU, etc and forget the cable bill. 

I honestly have DirecTv for one reason. Sports.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

For some reason CBS came back on last night in the Los Angeles area.  Did someone cave?

It came on in some markets...not others. At least that's what the person at DTV told me last night. She also told me it would be on in all markets shortly..pretty sure that was a lie

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I honestly have DirecTv for one reason. Sports.

For me it’s even more specific.......the Buffalo Bills. I have to wonder what % of DTV customers have Sunday Ticket or other sports packages as the primary hook?

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I’ll one up you.

I set my DVR to record the game a few days ago on DTV NFL1 channel . It showed up on the guide and I was getting more and more excited.

I actually had someplace to be but skipped it last night as it was the last game I get to see with my son before he leaves for freshman year of college Sunday.

He had Seinfeld on at 6:59 when we switched over and the game was Blacked out in Charlotte?!?!?!????

I , too, lost my mind in a fit of anger.

I tried to get an “ alternate streaming site” to open on my smart TV and my TVs web browser wouldn't allow me to open it ( some kind of BS chicanery going on there which I will have to research)

I ended up finding a stream on my desktop and we watched the game on a 17” screen. Better than nothing but it still pushes me off.

If you have a Smart TV, you can send the feed from your 17” laptop to the tv.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

We watched it on TV in Buffalo

Thank you for your valuable input.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

For me it’s even more specific.......the Buffalo Bills. I have to wonder what % of DTV customers have Sunday Ticket or other sports packages as the primary hook?

Same here. If and when DTV loses its exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket, my dish is going into the dumpster.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Same here. If and when DTV loses its exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket, my dish is going into the dumpster.

Me too, though it is an extravagant luxury to have on the rare occasion that AT&T goes out on me. AT&T service is miserable, and I’d be SOL when it does happen without the backup. 

I’m not sure about in your area, but I dumped cable and cords and purchased Roku TVs when I moved and installed the DirectTV now app, I get all the network stations and HBO for $55/mo. 

I can only use 2 TVs at a time but it’s just me so no biggie, I thing you can add more for $10 each. 

I can also get SundayTicket and it uses an app as well. 

Reading everyone's woes, seems they can be solved by one of three options:

1.  Having a Granny in Buffalo. Install a Slingbox in her house.

2. NFL DTV streaming.. using a VPN to disguise your location.

3. Move to WNY. That's a bit hardcore, but it worked form me.