Wyatt Teller dominating run block

Bocephuz

12 minutes ago, Bocephuz said:

For your viewing pleasure... 75 dominating and driving Colts LB past the 1st down marker

YkvmRH3.gif

Nice. Those counter treys remind me of our golden age.

EDIT: on second viewing, I see it wasn’t a counter trey. But those pulling linemen are reminiscent of our golden age none the less.

Edited by K-9

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Teller was my guy from last year......

I dont know if he is a cut....but we are going to be putting talented guys on the street this year that are going to be quickly on other teams......Beane has really done his job

John, seriously I would be surprised if they cut him.

Remember the old days when you could develop a linemen.  I think this kid will be ready to fully step in and dominate in 2020, while serving as great relief in 2019.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

John, seriously I would be surprised if they cut him.

Remember the old days when you could develop a linemen.  I think this kid will be ready to fully step in and dominate in 2020, with serving as great relief in 2019.

Are you thinking of over Spain?  I actually really like Spain

I mean...its a GOOD problem to have.   You can actually even make some trades for draft picks when you get into these situations.

16 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I'm not sure Teller shouldn't be playing over Spain.

Spain's holding call on play two was inexuseable..shades of Ducassee all over again.If you review the play..Spain appeared to go to high on his block..both hands where in the defender's throat area.

11 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Pulling out while in college is a good choice.. ?

Go back and watch his VA Tech footage...he kicked but swinging out to his left as well.

He kind of has some Richie in him from the shoulders down.

Edited by Misterbluesky
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Spain's holding call on play two was inexuseable..shades of Ducassee all over again.If you review the play..Spain appeared to go to high on his block..both hands where in the defender's throat area.

Thought it was interesting that he had five holding penalties (one declined) over the final eight weeks of the 2018 season. Seems a little high, no? Hopefully he starts to move his feet. 

Edited by VW82

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So what is everybody thinking....what OL end up getting cut?

Do we keep Teller over a guy like....Spencer Long?

It would be a plus for Wyatt if they would give him some pt this week on the other side.Next week would be the time to do it since we are going pads on with the Panthers starting next tuesday.

Just now, VW82 said:

Thought it was interesting that he had five holding penalties over the final eight weeks of the 2018 season. Seems a little high, no? Hopefully he starts to move his feet. 

Who Teller had 5 ? If so,he was a rookie (5th round) tossed into a starting spot.

Is he raw..yes he is.

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Who Teller had 5 ?

No, Spain. Teller had two holding penalties and they were both in the same Dolphins game. He got his ass kicked in that one. I like him though. The leash will be a short one for Spain, I predict.

Also, to the poster asking about keeping Teller over Long: I think we need to keep three guys who can play center and one of them can't be Bodine. We have to keep Long. Ford can function as the swing tackle should Nsekhe or Dawkins get hurt. This would allow us to also keep Teller.   

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 4

For those suggesting he will have trouble making the roster, I disagree.

I think Wyatt Teller is pretty safe.

Teams generally keep 9-10 offensive linemen on the final roster.

The following six guys are pretty much locks:  Mitch Morse, Quinton Spain, Jon Feliciano, Dion Dawkins, Cody Ford and Ty Nsekhe.  I think Spencer Long would also be a heavy favorite, especially because of his versatility at Center.  LaAdrian Waddle would have probably been next, until his injury.  Being on IR, he won't count towards the 53.

So the rest of the crowd is fighting for the last two... possibly even three spots.

Teller basically needs to beat-out Ike Boettger, De'Ondre Wesley, Jarron Jones, Conor McDermott and Garret McGhin.

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

For those suggesting he will have trouble making the roster, I disagree.

I think Wyatt Teller is pretty safe.

Teams generally keep 9-10 offensive linemen on the final roster.

The following six guys are pretty much locks:  Mitch Morse, Quinton Spain, Jon Feliciano, Dion Dawkins, Cody Ford and Ty Nsekhe.  I think Spencer Long would also be a heavy favorite, especially because of his versatility at Center.  LaAdrian Waddle would have probably been next, until his injury.  Being on IR, he won't count towards the 53.

So the rest of the crowd is fighting for the last two... possibly even three spots.

Teller basically needs to beat-out Ike Boettger, De'Ondre Wesley, Jarron Jones, Conor McDermott and Garret McGhin.

I believe Bills will go with 9 OL.  Teller I believe will make it.  Spain is on a 1 year deal.  Bills probably hoping Teller can be LG in 2020.  

Edited by DCbillsfan

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I believe Bills will go with 9 OL.  Teller I believe will make it.  Spain is on a 1 year deal.  Bills probably hoping Teller can be LG in 2020.  

These are my feelings exactly.  Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsekhe start opening day.  Feliciano, Long, Teller and a swing OT  (might not be on team yet) make roster too.  Waddle's injury hurts any plan to play Ford at  RG.