My way too early thought...Beane crushed this draft

While it’s great to have excitement............

Can we pump the brakes a little here?

After ONE preseason game, you are already telling me that Beane killed this draft?

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Just for the record..............

I am not bashing this draft at all, but can we wait before comparing this draft class to something like the Steelers 1974 draft class?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

While it’s great to have excitement............

Can we pump the brakes a little here?

After ONE preseason game, you are already telling me that Beane killed this draft?

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Just for the record..............

I am not bashing this draft at all, but can we wait before comparing this draft class to something like the Steelers 1974 draft class?

No. Sit down and be quiet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Ed Oliver - we got a little lucky here draft was but thats ok.....we are due.   Ed Oliver looks special.....285 pounds AND taking ON DOUBLE TEAMS IN THE NFL.....AGAINST STARTERS.....comes in and gives last year's media darling OG for the colts Nelson in his first game and is just....well really really good.   It was great that we didnt have to trade up to get him because it allowed for more good picks.

Cody Ford - he is straight up mauling ppl.....no way he should have fallen out fo the 1st but did....good at RT....very good at RG

Devin Singletary - making plays all camp....made plays in his first PS game.....Beane did his homework and saw a player that was under utilized in the passing game and a rookie that can actually pass protect.  Is in a nice position where he doesn thave to be "the guy" but I have every confidence he could do so if asked.

Knox - injured....jury is out

Vosean Joseph - I think he is a ST's demon this year and slips into Lorax spot next year....this guy flat knocks the stuffing out of folks man a NICE later round pick.

Jaquan Johnson - I feel like he is kinda getting caught up in numbers where we have a lot of good players.....jury still otu

Darryl Johnson - having a good camp.....made plays in his first PS game.....I dont think you can take the chance of trying to PS stashing this guy because his size, weight, length, speed combo is special AND he is making plays......how did Beane find this guy in the last round of the draft?

Beane is KILLING IT

...if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), the ONLY 2018 draft casualty was Proehl.......think all others from 2018 are still here....if so" two in a row"....

• Like (+1) 1

Before last season Oliver was projected as contending with Bosa for #1 overall. One much publicized confrontation with a coach later and he falls to the Bills.

Thank god Oliver was cranky that day or he never makes it to the Bills.

We deserve a little luck.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I still have doubts about Singletary's ability to be "the guy" especially early.... but in a 3rd down role and as a change of pace he is a very useful weapon.

Agreed overall though. It is very early but I liked this draft instantly and early on field indications are positive. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still have doubts about Singletary's ability to be "the guy" especially early.... but in a 3rd down role and as a change of pace he is a very useful weapon.

Agreed overall though. It is very early but I liked this draft instantly and early on field indications are positive. 

Maybe the future plan is not to have a "the guy" running back

I mean.....its easy this year...but probably Shady's last year.....Who knows with Gore

The rugby is very interesting....but inexperienced....maybe they go to more a 2 back slit carry system next year?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Maybe the future plan is not to have a "the guy" running back

I mean.....its easy this year...but probably Shady's last year.....Who knows with Gore

The rugby is very interesting....but inexperienced....maybe they go to more a 2 back slit carry system next year?

I think they work Singletary and maybe Wade (if he continues to show something) more as the season wears on and then say "sayonara" to Shady and Gore and go RBC from then on out.

I’m all in on Beane. I think he has nailed everything so far - the trades, the picks, seeing the potential of Allen.

As always, the proof is in the pudding, and this team needs to perform and put up a good record.  I like how it’s looking though.  He just seems to get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I’m all in on Beane. I think he has nailed everything so far - the trades, the picks, seeing the potential of Allen.

As always, the proof is in the pudding, and this team needs to perform and put up a good record.  I like how it’s looking though.  He just seems to get it.

I agree with this.

The Pegulas could extend McDermott and Beane to 10-yr extensions today, and I would be happy with that. Oh, I know it is too early for that, but I'm just sayin'....

McDermott and Beane have a plan - have you ever seen that from a Bills' FO? They are working the plan, and showing some success.

It is not too early to say Beane is the best GM we've had since Polian.  Any counterarguments?  No?

John Butler - no.

Donahoe - oh hell no.

Marv Levy LOL

Russ Brandon LMFAO

Buddy Nix nope.

Doug Whaley had potential but two words: "it factor" sum up his drafting philosophy.

Its too early to say he's better than Polian but it may well be true.

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree, John, but I get the feeling Sean doesn’t -as pertains to Joseph. Yes, he loves being aloof about rookies -especially on Defense. But he was still very critical of Vosean in his presser within the hour. He’s the Coach, so I give him the benefit. But I hope he doesn’t cut him thinking he’ll be available to sign to the PS. The kid is savage, if somewhat undisciplined. I’m confident he’ll be snatched up before we get the chance to sign him to PS.

I certainly don’t KNOW, but I suspect it was motivational, as much as anything.  I didn’t even see it, but I wonder if it’s a bit like not starting Ed with he 1’s. Earn it, young man! 

Obviously I’m guessing. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Ford and Oliver are studs and there is one other productive starting caliber player from this draft this could be possibly the third draft in a row where they produced 3 or more starting caliber players. 

2017- Tre White, Dion Dawkins, and Matt Milano (Jury still out on Zay although I would lean towards him being a bust.) 

2018- Edumonds-Josh Allen (potentially)-Taron Johnson-H.Phillips (potentially)- Teller (Possibly)

2019- Ford- Oliver- and Vance or another player. 

2017 is looking like 3 starters or better players although 2018 and 2019 still have to play out. But the early returns on 2017 and 2018 are looking good. This is how a team turn around is built through multiple years of good to great drafting. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He’s small, and he lacks top speed, but I think he’ll be interesting to watch based on the very little DTV allowed me to see. 

Like the Cardinals, I won’t say it will be great, but I will say it will be interesting. Fingers crossed! 

I wonder where all those guys are that was calling for Beane's head a few month's ago ? It's pretty much a given now that Beane has forgotten more about football than those folks ever knew about it !! 

He's building something special here & i think the relationship with McD is just a perk they work well together & i think are on the same page when it comes to building the Bills into a play off caliber team for years to come !! 

The Pegs have to be ecstatic with the hire of these 2 ... ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2019 at 12:00 PM, John from Riverside said:

Ed Oliver - we got a little lucky here draft was but thats ok.....we are due.   Ed Oliver looks special.....285 pounds AND taking ON DOUBLE TEAMS IN THE NFL.....AGAINST STARTERS.....comes in and gives last year's media darling OG for the colts Nelson in his first game and is just....well really really good.   It was great that we didnt have to trade up to get him because it allowed for more good picks.

Cody Ford - he is straight up mauling ppl.....no way he should have fallen out fo the 1st but did....good at RT....very good at RG

Devin Singletary - making plays all camp....made plays in his first PS game.....Beane did his homework and saw a player that was under utilized in the passing game and a rookie that can actually pass protect.  Is in a nice position where he doesn thave to be "the guy" but I have every confidence he could do so if asked.

Knox - injured....jury is out

Vosean Joseph - I think he is a ST's demon this year and slips into Lorax spot next year....this guy flat knocks the stuffing out of folks man a NICE later round pick.

Jaquan Johnson - I feel like he is kinda getting caught up in numbers where we have a lot of good players.....jury still otu

Darryl Johnson - having a good camp.....made plays in his first PS game.....I dont think you can take the chance of trying to PS stashing this guy because his size, weight, length, speed combo is special AND he is making plays......how did Beane find this guy in the last round of the draft?

Beane is KILLING IT

sorry i didn't read through these first, but i couldn't agree more! i think d. johnson is gonna be another dwight freeney. ed reed said that j. johnson has the talent to be a perrennial pro-bowler. even sweeney should make the 53. my point being that i don't think there's one pick they can put on the p.s without them getting poached in an hour. i feel sorry for eddy y. , but with love and johnson, idk, i wish they could keep them all. we are gonna probably let shaq walk. murphy may have a comeback, but who knows?

can they kick shaq inside next to oliver on passing downs? can they keep 9 dlinemen? 2x phillipps / star / oliver and shaq? then trent / hughes / love and johnson?

vosean joseph i think is going to be the headhunter we need. i think they killed this draft. sweeney is gonna be great. i can't see one lasting on the p.s.....maybe ufda sills?

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

sorry i didn't read through these first, but i couldn't agree more! i think d. johnson is gonna be another dwight freeney. ed reed said that j. johnson has the talent to be a perrennial pro-bowler. even sweeney should make the 53. my point being that i don't think there's one pick they can put on the p.s without them getting poached in an hour. i feel sorry for eddy y. , but with love and johnson, idk, i wish they could keep them all. we are gonna probably let shaq walk. murphy may have a comeback, but who knows?

can they kick shaq inside next to oliver on passing downs? can they keep 9 dlinemen? 2x phillipps / star / oliver and shaq? then trent / hughes / love and johnson?

vosean joseph i think is going to be the headhunter we need. i think they killed this draft. sweeney is gonna be great. i can't see one lasting on the p.s.....maybe ufda sills?

With all the talk on Clowney I do wonder if Lawson plus a 3rd would get that deal done....I dont want to give up a lot of future assets but could live with that.....D. Johnson might make a move like this more possible?

Sills is completely unimpressive......he just gets pushed around too much and drops too many balls for a "big" wide receiver

On 8/9/2019 at 12:48 PM, freddyjj said:

I guess that's because you feel Vosean Joseph and Darryl Johnson will make the 53 man active roster?

Eddie Lacey and Eddie Yarborough/Mike Love hope you're correct.  Guess time will tell

between lacy and stanford, i'd give the edge to stanford. so let's see, that would be....lorax / edmunds and milano with..thompson / stanford and vosean.

man i never thought i'd see a roster where i couldn't figure out an idea of just 53. i'm sure i'm gonna be bummed at some cuts.

• Like (+1) 1