My way too early thought...Beane crushed this draft

Ed Oliver - we got a little lucky here draft was but thats ok.....we are due.   Ed Oliver looks special.....285 pounds AND taking ON DOUBLE TEAMS IN THE NFL.....AGAINST STARTERS.....comes in and gives last year's media darling OG for the colts Nelson in his first game and is just....well really really good.   It was great that we didnt have to trade up to get him because it allowed for more good picks.

Cody Ford - he is straight up mauling ppl.....no way he should have fallen out fo the 1st but did....good at RT....very good at RG

Devin Singletary - making plays all camp....made plays in his first PS game.....Beane did his homework and saw a player that was under utilized in the passing game and a rookie that can actually pass protect.  Is in a nice position where he doesn thave to be "the guy" but I have every confidence he could do so if asked.

Knox - injured....jury is out

Vosean Joseph - I think he is a ST's demon this year and slips into Lorax spot next year....this guy flat knocks the stuffing out of folks man a NICE later round pick.

Jaquan Johnson - I feel like he is kinda getting caught up in numbers where we have a lot of good players.....jury still otu

Darryl Johnson - having a good camp.....made plays in his first PS game.....I dont think you can take the chance of trying to PS stashing this guy because his size, weight, length, speed combo is special AND he is making plays......how did Beane find this guy in the last round of the draft?

Beane is KILLING IT

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Ed Oliver - we got a little lucky here draft was but thats ok.....we are due.   Ed Oliver looks special.....285 pounds AND taking ON DOUBLE TEAMS IN THE NFL.....AGAINST STARTERS.....comes in and gives last year's media darling OG for the colts Nelson in his first game and is just....well really really good.   It was great that we didnt have to trade up to get him because it allowed for more good picks.

Cody Ford - he is straight up mauling ppl.....no way he should have fallen out fo the 1st but did....good at RT....very good at RG

Devin Singletary - making plays all camp....made plays in his first PS game.....Beane did his homework and saw a player that was under utilized in the passing game and a rookie that can actually pass protect.  Is in a nice position where he doesn thave to be "the guy" but I have every confidence he could do so if asked.

Vosean Joseph - I think he is a ST's demon this year and slips into Lorax spot next year....this guy flat knocks the stuffing out of folks man a NICE later round pick.

Jaquan Johnson - I feel like he is kinda getting caught up in numbers where we have a lot of good players.....jury still otu

Darryl Johnson - having a good camp.....made plays in his first PS game.....I dont think you can take the chance of trying to PS stashing this guy because his size, weight, length, speed combo is special AND he is making plays......how did Beane find this guy in the last round of the draft?

Beane is KILLING IT

Agreed.

You can't truly judge an NFL draft class for a few seasons, but early returns on this one are HIGHLY encouraging.

For that matter, I thought he killed LAST YEAR'S draft, too. Allen and Edmunds will be the offensive and defensive cornerstones of this team for years to come.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Beane is KILLING IT

Not a single one of those last three will make it to the practice squad.

I absolutely loved grabbing Vosean Joseph. I thought he would be an absolute steal. I notice him lay a few good hits last night. Other than that, what can we say. People will say it’s only one pre-season game, but I’ve loved Oliver since before the draft. I was ecstatic he dropped (thanks jacket incident). Completely held his own against all star Quenton Nelson. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Not a single one of those last three will make it to the practice squad.

I guess that's because you feel Vosean Joseph and Darryl Johnson will make the 53 man active roster?

Eddie Lacey and Eddie Yarborough/Mike Love hope you're correct.  Guess time will tell

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

I absolutely loved grabbing Vosean Joseph. I thought he would be an absolute steal. I notice him lay a few good hits last night. Other than that, what can we say. People will say it’s only one pre-season game, but I’ve loved Oliver since before the draft. I was ecstatic he dropped (thanks jacket incident). Completely held his own against all star Quenton Nelson. 

Oliver and Joseph should be sharing the field sooner than later!

48 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I guess that's because you feel Vosean Joseph and Darryl Johnson will make the 53 man active roster?

Eddie Lacey and Eddie Yarborough/Mike Love hope you're correct.  Guess time will tell

Not  taking anything away from these guys, but I think Johnson could slip through.  You have to remember, every other team in the league likely also has players that they hope can slip through.  Conversely, there are likely some players on other teams the Bills are watching and would probably  jump on them for the Bills PS if cut by their respective teams

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Beane is KILLING IT

You forgot about Tommy Sweeney who has also looked fantastic according to reports

Beane and McDermott just have a much clearer blueprint of the type of players they want on this team. Whereas Doug Whaley's philosophy was, "I'll just draft from Clemson, 'Bama, and Ohio State and because those programs win so much, these picks will come in here and permeate the locker room with that winning attitude!" It seems McBeane does a lot more homework on prospects, and they're paying more attention to smaller schools as well. I think it's a testament to the job Beane has done in putting together his scouting staff/player personnel departments.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And all this with a brand new scouting staff after Whaley was fired after the 2017 draft. 

Look back to last year's free agent walk on's Levi Wallace, Robert Foster.  Brandon Beane is starting to look better then Polian... 

Beane didn't draft, or walk into HoFers Bruce Smith, Andre Reed who were already on the team in 85 and Kelly was drafted in 84.

I know Beane has his share of detractors at this time... all I say is, i love what the guy has done so far!

• Like (+1) 2

Ditto on the Ed Oliver comments. The man lined up across from Oliver was voted to a lot of all pro teams after last season. Oliver may well have gotten the best of him. Mark my words. Oliver is elite and it will be no secret by midseason. I also think you should have mentioned Tommy Sweeney who has had a good camp.

9 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

And all this with a brand new scouting staff after Whaley was fired after the 2017 draft. 

Look back to last year's free agent walk on's Levi Wallace, Robert Foster.  Brandon Beane is starting to look better then Polian... 

Beane didn't draft, or walk into HoFers Bruce Smith, Andre Reed who were already on the team in 85 and Kelly was drafted in 84.

I know Beane has his share of detractors at this time... all I say is, i love what the guy has done so far!

It was '83.  And I agree Polian inherited all three.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree, John, but I get the feeling Sean doesn’t -as pertains to Joseph. Yes, he loves being aloof about rookies -especially on Defense. But he was still very critical of Vosean in his presser within the hour. He’s the Coach, so I give him the benefit. But I hope he doesn’t cut him thinking he’ll be available to sign to the PS. The kid is savage, if somewhat undisciplined. I’m confident he’ll be snatched up before we get the chance to sign him to PS.

• Thank you (+1) 1