Beer prices last night? $14!

Whomever asked if they had Labatts Blue, they did. I had two 24oz. cans and my gf had a 24 oz twisted tea. After tip, it was about $48. That got us to half time and then we left. I did see Southern Tier IPA in a 12 oz can and a few other craft beers that I cannot recall. I don't know the price of mixed drinks, but someone with us had one from the bar.

Food stations in the Pepsi Club were Lloyd's, LaNova and a grilling station with sausages, burgers, etc. A food item was about $10. We thought about grabbing burritos on the way out, but decided not to.

Our tickets were given to us by our employer, but I heard similar seats in the 21x range are about $3,000 a year...$6,000 for two. And then you buy drinks and food? Lmao. This is only the third game I have been too. The other two I was in the 300s and pissing in a trough like an animal.

Edited by Westside Madness

On 8/9/2019 at 11:42 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

A friend of mine works in the beverage industry and they are vendors to pro sports events.  He told me the stadiums basically have to charge a very high amount for the alcohol.

If it's too cheap, more people will buy and buy more.  Then you have a much higher level or over intoxicated people.  It does make sense I guess....

Yup.  People just won't behave themselves.  They get drunk as hell and then cause problems.  It's not a big deal in a small environment but you get even 1% of the stadium ridiculously intoxicated and it's tough to deal with.  So the solution is to run up the price to a point where it's  cost prohibitive to drink a ton.

It's the reason most sane people pregame and just nurse the buzz.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:19 PM, from_dunkirk said:

Yep, all beverages are prohibited. Here are the only allowed items:

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/gate-entry-and-permitted-items

Can't even bring in e-Cigs anymore? Geez, the crackdown on nicotine products really sucks... I stopped smoking, but still use the little vape pen every once in a while, but it just sucks when I can't even carry one on me. I get  not using anything, but c'mon... making it really hard on us with vices :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Can't even bring in e-Cigs anymore? Geez, the crackdown on nicotine products really sucks... I stopped smoking, but still use the little vape pen every once in a while, but it just sucks when I can't even carry one on me. I get  not using anything, but c'mon... making it really hard on us with vices :(

Worst part about that is no re-entry. I make it a point to not smoke around people and have no problem with having to "work" for the vice. But it would be great if I could at least run out at halftime and partake in my filthy, filthy habit. Gotta have something to do with security I would assume.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Worst part about that is no re-entry. I make it a point to not smoke around people and have no problem with having to "work" for the vice. But it would be great if I could at least run out at halftime and partake in my filthy, filthy habit. Gotta have something to do with security I would assume.

Wow, really?! I was thinking "man, I guess at half time I'd have to walk alllll the way back to my car just to deal with it," but no re-entry either? 

Is that a NY thing? The Texans stadium is pretty darn nice, and I was thrilled they had a place on the 2nd floor where you could step outside on the balcony & smoke or vape. The place is beautiful, so it seems weird they'd allow it but not Buffalo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Wow, really?! I was thinking "man, I guess at half time I'd have to walk alllll the way back to my car just to deal with it," but no re-entry either? 

Is that a NY thing? The Texans stadium is pretty darn nice, and I was thrilled they had a place on the 2nd floor where you could step outside on the balcony & smoke or vape. The place is beautiful, so it seems weird they'd allow it but not Buffalo. 

OP is the only NFL venue I've been to in the past several years. Been to MLB games, hoops games, CFB games. Never an issue. And yes. I'm willing to WALK quite a ways to smoke a cigarette. That SEEMS like a fair compromise. Just have to deal with it. Not like a couple hours without one is a BAD thing per se.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:41 AM, teef said:

We all work hard. Drink some beers and just enjoy yourself. 

You clearly don't know my friends 

I get why ppl are upset but this is capitalism at its finest. 

A company cab charge whatever they need/want for a non-essential gluttonous item and we have the choice, as the consumer, to purchase or not. Now if you're talking internet service providers or airline tickets than we can have this argument! 

I love me a stadium beer, but usually limit myself to one. Back when I had season tickets, I chose not to drink in most games because it adds up. But now that I make one game a year, I live it up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Found this showing the smoking policies of all the NFL stadiums..

http://no-smoke.org/wp-content/uploads/pdf/smokingpoliciesNFLstadiums.pdf

8 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You clearly don't know my friends 

I get why ppl are upset but this is capitalism at its finest. 

A company cab charge whatever they need/want for a non-essential gluttonous item and we have the choice, as the consumer, to purchase or not. Now if you're talking internet service providers or airline tickets than we can have this argument! 

I love me a stadium beer, but usually limit myself to one. Back when I had season tickets, I chose not to drink in most games because it adds up. But now that I make one game a year, I live it up. 

giphy.webp

Live it up, man...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just a heads up to any interested. I've brought liquor into the stadium multiple times. Did it as an accident the first time, had a bunch of pockets for a december game 4 years ago and forgot I had a shot in it. Went to grab my wallet in the stadium  and there it was.

If it's all plastic it's no problem to bring in. I mean I just had airplane bottles, but I don't mind the move.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I brought this up at the Fan Advisory Board meeting last year..essentially it came down to this, way too many people did not use the designated areas...and that put the Bills in an awkward position. Do you kick someone out for that? Do you really want security focusing on enforcing that? 

In essence, it was just a real headache so they went to completely non smoking..and as part of that they went to zero tolerance on nicotene products, and anytthing used to partake in nicotine..things like a lighter and matches are not allowed in either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I brought this up at the Fan Advisory Board meeting last year..essentially it came down to this, way too many people did not use the designated areas...and that put the Bills in an awkward position. Do you kick someone out for that? Do you really want security focusing on enforcing that? 

In essence, it was just a real headache so they went to completely non smoking..and as part of that they went to zero tolerance on nicotene products, and anytthing used to partake in nicotine..things like a lighter and matches are not allowed in either.

I get all that and I don't have any problem with it. No issues with the stadium going to a zero tolerance policy. Non smokers(majority of folks) hate to be around cigarette smoke.

My only gripe is the no re-entry. I feel like if I'm willing to walk a quarter mile away from the stadium, we're meeting halfway.

I alluded to this earlier, but since you're in the know; I'll ask. Is that a security/prevention of misuse of ticket thing or what? I suppose it may just be a cost cutting measure or even a method to prevent people from getting booze on the outs. The latter supposition seems a little petty, but it is what it is. Never had the no re-entry issue at any other venue.

• Like (+1) 1