Beer prices last night? $14!

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The reality is none of those parties get the ROI that a restaurant does on a beer (for example). It’s almost like taking a high interest loan. By the time you factor in the expenses + cost of goods and then divide the rest 4 ways (or whatever it is in the Bills case) it isn’t a lot. Now if you own your stadium (Jerry Jones) or one the concession business (Jeremy Jacobs) I suppose that you could take less. They don’t have to but can.

Maybe but I also think that’s a trend for any NFL, professional sports team, concert or play.  Those places make your wallet assume the position and then bend it over the freaking barrel 

12 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Maybe but I also think that’s a trend for any NFL, professional sports team, concert or play.  Those places make your wallet assume the position and then bend it over the freaking barrel 

That’s a part. I’ve worked in the negotiations with the state before when I worked in the NBA. We charged $10 a beer and barely got anything.  

9 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Just wait til they plop down Smilin’ Terry’s Shiny New Downtown Palace Of One Pegulaville!

You’ll probably have to apply for credit to buy a round.

Maybe not. In Atlanta the concessions are very affordable. Talking under $5 for things like Hamburger, Dogs and a domestic beer.

2 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of craft beers are we talking?

I assume we're talking Blue, Blue Light, Bud Light, and Bud Heavy. 

#LiquidGold

In all seriousness, is this actually confirmed?

That's about $19 Candaian which means I'll be doing zero drinking at the games this year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I don't understand why people feel the need to drink beer while watching sporting events...

What about whiskey?

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I have no issue with that. Imagine how unruly it could get if beer in the stadium was reasonable.

You still have to fight the lines. I think it's more of a problem that it's not, because people overdo it outside.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

That's just nuts. Only way to change that is to stop buying. What are you allowed to bring in these days? As a kid i remember bringing thermoses, mini coolers, bags of snacks. The good ol' days. 

As a kid I remember thermoses full of hot bullion to stay warm in the winter. In my late teens I remember (foggily) being able to drink vodka/lemonades at Rich Stadium, preseason vs Broncos. I remember 2 of the other 3 of the people present, and little after halftime. (I don’t drink liquor any more!) The other guy was probably a turd.  ?  But the time with the GF and a neighborhood buddy sticks out with me. Great times! 

They want you to only have one and that's it.

I can't say I blame them.

You understand what I am saying?  Why would they want to sell an intoxicating beverage in quantity?

36 minutes ago, teef said:

We all work hard. Drink some beers and just enjoy yourself. 

Only to act stupid and spoil it for the rest?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They want you to only have one and that's it.

I can't say I blame them.

You understand what I am saying?  Why would they want to sell an intoxicating beverage in quantity?

Only to act stupid and spoil it for the rest?

I drink and I’m a total delight. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

$14 US dollars?

Thats about $21 Aust dollars on current exchange rates..

Not a good year for me to be making my Orchard Park debut..

hey, hope you are coming to Hammers for the TBD tailgate..it is every game! PM me or @mead107 if you have any questions..and see below!

14 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They also jack up the prices because.....they can.  The stadiums have all the leverage with this type of thing.  

I also know that the security guard took my good friends expensive designer cigarettes and tins and made him thrown them in a burn barrel.  He was so angry

Now, if you read the Bills game primer we have put together you would have known these things..by golly its one of the first things i call out!!! Just bustin, but that zero tolerance rule is for the birds in my eyes

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F9yhWkCZkeTFX_6yagiiwCPu-JUnhBAxuPILxW8U438/edit?usp=sharing

• Thank you (+1) 1