Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-Season Game 1

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree with your assessment, but not your conclusion.   It's nice to have the speed to outrun the defense, and Wade showed it.   What is needed is the quickness to run between the tackles for five yards.   The vision and change of direction.   

The recent Bills comparison is Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller.   Spiller had the speed, but Jackson was by far the better back.   McCoy doesn't have elite speed, but he's great in the hole.   That's what Singletary showed, and that's reason to be excited about him.  If Wade has the ability to do that, well, then he's a real find.  We didn't get a chance to see that last night.   What we saw was a good read, a decisive cut, and a great burst.  Let's see him run between the tackles.  

I mean I would love to have both from a player....but if you asked me if I could get

A RB that gets 5 yards every time he touched the ball

A RB that gets stuffed at the LOS 2 out of every 3 times he touches a ball....but that 3rd run goes for a huge gain

Give me the 5 yard guy

Also....can we please keep in mind that guy actually pass protects?  Do ppl understand how rare that is for a rookie RB?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Element115 said:

I wonder if every game we will be arguing about whether a dropped ball was the QB or the WR's fault?  I suppose not if they win a lot of games.

A lot of fans have an enormous amount of personal faith and hope invested in Josh Allen.

So he is going to be defended long after others would not receive the same treatment.

• Like (+1) 1

Beasley won't finish the season - Allen has him as his "Fav" already, and only a matter of time before the opposing LB's figure it out, and start running at him already in full speed. QB's like him and Edwards, Manuel, Taylor that struggle to move the chains, usually have a pinata that takes a beating. I remember the beating and injury that TE Derek Schouman took with Edwards.

1 minute ago, Good_4_Chad said:

Beasley won't finish the season - Allen has him as his "Fav" already, and only a matter of time before the opposing LB's figure it out, and start running at him already in full speed. QB's like him and Edwards, Manuel, Taylor that struggle to move the chains, usually have a pinata that takes a beating. I remember the beating and injury that TE Derek Schouman took with Edwards.

I'm worried about that same issue.  It only takes one bad pass to lead a guy like Beasley to a serious injury.

2 minutes ago, Good_4_Chad said:

What a moronic statement

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Good_4_Chad said:

He was targeted twice.... this whole rant isn’t founded on anything related to fact. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

A lot of fans have an enormous amount of personal faith and hope invested in Josh Allen.

So he is going to be defended long after others would not receive the same treatment.

What i am wondering is if we are going to be arguing about it even if the bills are winning games......

You know...because some ppl are never happy?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

What i am wondering is if we are going to be arguing about it even if the bills are winning games......

Oh yes. I could rattle off a handful of names right now that would still be in here nit picking whether it was a foot in front of him or at his face mask. 

1 minute ago, Good_4_Chad said:

Opposing linebackers will figure him out yet Julian Edelman, Brady’s favorite target hasn’t been figured out in 6 years?

Derek Schouman took a beating with Edwards?  In 4 seasons, Schouman had 34 total targets and 20 catches.  Was he getting hit by King Kong on every play?

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He was targeted twice.... this whole rant isn’t founded on anything related to fact. 

Yeah but don’t forget about that Edwards to Schouman combo.  It was deadly until Trent threw to him too much and Schouman’s career was over after 34 targets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Good_4_Chad said:

9 minutes ago, Element115 said:

I'm worried about that same issue.  It only takes one bad pass to lead a guy like Beasley to a serious injury.

two peas in a pod.

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean I would love to have both from a player....but if you asked me if I could get

A RB that gets stuffed at the LOS 2 out of every 3 times he touches a ball....but that 3rd run goes for a huge gain

Give me the 5 yard guy

Also....can we please keep in mind that guy actually pass protects?  Do ppl understand how rare that is for a rookie RB?

All of this.  

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Opposing linebackers will figure him out yet Julian Edelman, Brady’s favorite target hasn’t been figured out in 6 years?

Derek Schouman took a beating with Edwards?  In 4 seasons, Schouman had 34 total targets and 20 catches.  Was he getting hit by King Kong on every play?

Yeah but don’t forget about that Edwards to Schouman combo.  It was deadly until Trent threw to him too much and Schouman’s career was over after 34 targets.

Lolololol. I’ll be honest I didn’t make it far enough down his post to see that glorious little schouman nugget. 

Im laughing really hard right now. That guy may be my new fave poster 

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

two peas in a pod.

When I saw they agreed. I just sat there thinking. What in the hell are the chances 2 guys would immediately agree on something so absurd. Haha

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Brady, as everyone knows, is different kind of animal (2.4 sec release / accuracy) ; See Wes Welker

Derek Schouman was a favorite target of Edwards during all the preseason games they played (2007- 2009).

All I remember is that Schouman was doing well in 2009, and he became vulnerable in the throws that Edwards was feeding him. He was carted off with knee injury.

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh yeah. We definitely will be. Some will never be content unless he's throwing for 275 ypg and two TD's every game. 

17 minutes ago, Good_4_Chad said:

Derek Schouman was a favorite target of Edwards during all the preseason games they played (2007- 2009).

All I remember is that Schouman was doing well in 2009, and he became vulnerable in the throws that Edwards was feeding hin 

The Derek Schouman/Cole Beasley corollary exists ? 

33 minutes ago, Good_4_Chad said:

Brady, as everyone knows, is different kind of animal (2.4 sec release / accuracy) ; See Wes Welker

All I remember is that Schouman was doing well in 2009, and he became vulnerable in the throws that Edwards was feeding him. He was carted off with knee injury.

You know Edelman isn’t the only favorite target of a QB that’s targeted a lot....

But in our case, it will be figured out I guess.

Andre Reed was known to go over the middle, he was Kelly’s favorite target....we’re they figured out?

Derek Schouman was injured didn’t even finish 2 games in 2009.  I guess in those 6 quarters...man oh man he was sooooo good.

Derek Schouman vulnerable due to Trent’s throws which lead to his knee injury...

I found this on Buffalo Bills website...

“TE Derek Schouman, who was placed on the waived/injured list over the weekend has cleared waivers.

As a result, he automatically goes to Buffalo’s injured reserve list for 2010 ending his season before it began. It’s been a difficult four-year career for Schouman as he has landed on injured reserve three times during that span.”

So basically, this guy was just always getting injured, like EJ Gaines, and your explanation is because he was Trent Edwards favorite target in the preseason.

Say this out loud and hear what it sounds like.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Give me the 5 yard guy

Excellent point about rooking running backs not having the ability to pass block. To go a little farther with your point a lot of experienced backs are not adept at pass blocking. 

48 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Oh yeah. We definitely will be. Some will never be content unless he's throwing for 275 ypg and two TD's every game. 

Remember, he will forever be compared to Mahomes as the Bills essentially passed on Mahomes to draft Allen the following year via the extra draft capital.