Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-Season Game 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Well then you're not agreeing with common sense then.  Multiple and I mean multiple people have stated this.  A few of these guys know the sport very well, know how to evaluate and breakdown film.    

I wouldn't be surprised if you thought a quarterback was a refund.

You're so secure in your position that you spend most of your time making lame jokes. As if your lame jokes are somehow fact.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I'm assuming @CuddyDark picked one that doesn't require eye sight......

You would be wrong.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

For a man who said "the oline opened up some holes for me" my question would be "well why did you only average 3 yards a carry then?" I think Singletary will have a role on this team in 2019. But it is a 3rd down guy and a change of pace guy.

Because the Oline did open up a few nice holes.  His 10 yard run was an example, the line got him the first 5 yds and he got the second with that wicked little duck under move.  Little runners can use that to their advantage, getting small in the hole.  

I see Gunners point with speed though, Singletary isn't fast.   He ran a lousy 4.66 at his pro day,  which is about what Ed Oliver ran with an extra 80 pounds on his frame. ( incredible). He'll never be a homerun hitter in the NFL, but very few backs can get outside the edge and upfield in the pros.  We watched CJ Spiller try to do it for years with limited success and he was blazing fast.  Singletary is the same size as Barry Sanders 5'7  200ish.  They can make guys miss, and move the chains.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

The ball because of it's placement made Zay open his hips and torso to the defender. If the ball is placed on his right shoulder the catch pulls him away from the defender into the endzone. It's a routine throw for most QB. Catchable, yes. Perfect throw, no.

You have now twisted yourself into a place where you're claiming that a ball throws 5" further toward the defender would take the receiver further away from the defender.

Friendly suggestion: hit pause on this discussion and re-evaluate.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

The ball because of it's placement made Zay open his hips and torso to the defender. If the ball is placed on his right shoulder the catch pulls him away from the defender into the endzone. It's a routine throw for most QB. Catchable, yes. Perfect throw, no.

This the exact point where the ball hits Zay right in the hands.  Where is his hip open?  If he hip was open, it would be facing the DB behind him.

This is a still photo, you see the exact situation.  How in the hell are you now going to argue that he had to open up his hip to catch this.

zay.JPG

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

and that's a routine catch for a wr

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

I actually agree with you that the ball was more thrown on frame as opposed to leading him (although I dont think leading him would have helped cause the safety was right there, leading him would have been worse) But to say this is a routine throw for most QBs is disingenuous. That far down field a ball that is there needs to be caught. Allen certainly is not the most accurate QB in the league but your acting like a ball being off by 1.5 feet 20 yards in the air downfield is a simple toss and catch for most QBs.

This the exact point where the ball hits Zay right in the hands.  Where is his hip open?  If he hip was open, it would be facing the DB behind him.

This is a still photo, you see the exact situation.  How in the hell are you now going to argue that he had to open up his hip to catch this.

zay.JPG

He had to open his hips to the DB out of frame. You know the only one that matters. The one that was going to hit him. If the ball is thrown to his right shoulder he catches it going upfield into the endzone.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Objective fact. Ball hits jones in stride in the hands and he drops it.

NOT an inaccurate pass by ANY definition.

We don't agree.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

zay.JPG

not to mention, that without the bobble, he's not getting lit up here..... instead he opened himself up by bobbling and having to search for his own screw up...…..

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Singletary is slow.  He's slippery but he doesn't have that immediate explosiveness to turn it into anything significant.

Bodine was fine.  People think its so easy to go from snapping to a 6'5 huge QB to a maybe 6'2 QB.  Bodine makes the run game better.

Except it was Feliciano that was snapping the ball to Allen. Not Bodine 

Just now, CuddyDark said:

He had to open his hips to the DB out of frame. You know the only one that matters. The one that was going to hit him. If the ball is thrown to his right shoulder he catches it going upfield into the endzone.

Okay I'm done.

This is just getting more stupid that I thought it could be.  Geezus dude...how stubborn can one person be?  

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

Because the Oline did open up a few nice holes.  His 10 yard run was an example, the line got him the first 5 yds and he got the second with that wicked little duck under move.  Little runners can use that to their advantage, getting small in the hole.  

I see Gunners point with speed though, Singletary isn't fast.   He ran a lousy 4.66 at his pro day,  which is about what Ed Oliver ran with an extra 80 pounds on his frame. ( incredible). He'll never be a homerun hitter in the NFL, but very few backs can get outside the edge and upfield in the pros.  We watched CJ Spiller try to do it for years with limited success and he was blazing fast.  Singletary is the same size as Barry Sanders 5'7  200ish.  They can make guys miss, and move the chains.

He absolutely can use those little duck under moves. Singletary can get through holes that are not holes for other guys. How many times have we watched Dion Lewis convert for New England running into a pile on third down but finding the slightest little crease to squeeze through? I'm not anti-Singletary and as I made quite clear in my initial post I don't really think he had a "bad" night last night. But it was a reality check for those who are talking about him being the #1 back and forcing them to trade or cut Shady. He has a role on this team. I just don't think he is a genuine every down back..... at least not yet. 

Okay I'm done.

This is just getting more stupid that I thought it could be.  Geezus dude...how stubborn can one person be?  

I'm asking myself that exact question. I want JA to be good. I want JA to make every throw as perfect as possible. I will not blindly claim he is good or that his passes are perfect.

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Now you're just being stubborn in your ignorance. I won't waste more keystrokes on you.

Listen, I'm here wasting my time with half the guys on this MB who claimed Peterman would be better than Tyrod. LMAO.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

We don't agree.

I agree that it is totally unacceptable and unreasonable to expect Zay Jones - or ANY receiver - to catch a ball knowing they might (gasp) get hit after catching it.

This isn't ***** rugby, guys!!!!