Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-Season Game 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Nice cop out.  We're talking about a video, not a life choice here.

You can pause a video; it's easy.  It will also tell you what you're missing.  I'm honestly not sure if you're even being serious at this point.

Could Zay pause the video then make the catch?

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

When did he lead Beasley into traffic?  I saw two completions to Beasley both of which hit him dead center.  On one Beasley was able to turn up field for an extra 5 yards.  I don't think he targeted him any other times?

He didn't.  Cuddy doesn't know what he's looking at.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

No but he could have caught it when it hit him in the hands...both hands.  

Just now, njbuff said:

Do we really have to dissect every throw Allen makes in PRESEASON?

Yes, because there's a cadre of people who INSIST he had a bad night based on completion percentage.

Neglecting, of course, the fact that he hit Zay Jones in the hands with a beauty that would have had him finishing at 63%

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pause life before you make the wrong career choice. Zay stacked the CB and was wide open. The safety was able to get to the play because of there the ball was placed. QBs make this throw easy.

Are you watching the same play that everyone else is watching?  How many people have to explain that the only reason Zay takes the massive hit is because he's the one who exposed himself with the drop?  If he makes the catch, he takes a hard, but routine hit.  A bonafide NFL slot receiver makes the catch of that particular pass, and is safely on the ground before the safety closes in.  The trajectory of the ball leads Zay to catch and land on the 1 yard line, and NOT take the hit to the head.  

52 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

He did not lead Zay into the endzone, Zay had to rotate his torso 90 deg.  That is NOT a "perfect" pass like some here want to claim.  It should have been caught, but c'mon with the perfect pass stuff.

Crossing routes, slants, posts, etc are often thrown without leading the receiver. Digs are commonly thrown low. The point is to deliver the ball in a manner which allows the receiver to slow down and protect himself. It’s par for the course when there’s a lurking safety or LB. If those balls are thrown out in front or high receivers tend to get lit up. 

Gunner

I couldn't see the fame. thanks for your summary.  It's really encouraging.  Glad to hear Allen was better than his stats.  Glad to hear what you said about Edminds and Oliver. Good sober comments on Singletary.  

Back to the process. Get better every day.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yes, because there's a cadre of people who INSIST he had a bad night based on completion percentage.

Neglecting, of course, the fact that he hit Zay Jones in the hands with a beauty that would have had him finishing at 63%

I don't care about % with JA. I've said that many times. If he's 55% and hits on some big throws and a couple runs his % won't matter.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Didn't hit him in stride. He had to turn his body sideways and reach for the ball. If it was in stride it would have hit him in the right shoulder and he would have walked in to the endzone.

Sideways but yet his front leg is still in front....

Ball placed in the direct center of his body.  

zay.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

What. Does. That. Have. To. Do. With. The. Ball. Placement. Discussion.

Okay, you've convinced me: you're not actually serious about this topic.

You almost had me for a minute too.

39 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

Consistent accuracy is a component of completion percentage.  Of course so are many other things like play calling and dropped balls.  However, to say Allen is an accurate passer is not being truthful. It's more like wishful thinking...

wishful thinking?

there you go again. ignorant post.

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Are you watching the same play that everyone else is watching?  How many people have to explain that the only reason Zay takes the massive hit is because he's the one who exposed himself with the drop?  If he makes the catch, he takes a hard, but routine hit.  A bonafide NFL slot receiver makes the catch of that particular pass, and is safely on the ground before the safety closes in.  The trajectory of the ball leads Zay to catch and land on the 1 yard line, and NOT take the hit to the head.  

And how many times do I have to say I don't agree with this?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sideways but yet his front leg is still in front....

Ball placed in the direct center of his body.  

zay.JPG

The ball because of it's placement made Zay open his hips and torso to the defender. If the ball is placed on his right shoulder the catch pulls him away from the defender into the endzone. It's a routine throw for most QB. Catchable, yes. Perfect throw, no.

And how many times do I have to say I don't agree with this?

Well then you're not agreeing with common sense then.  Multiple and I mean multiple people have stated this.  A few of these guys know the sport very well, know how to evaluate and breakdown film.    

I wouldn't be surprised if you thought a quarterback was a refund.

• Haha (+1) 1