Special Teams concerns (kickers)

Frez

It won’t matter too much if the offense scores touchdowns. 

I’m glass half full we won’t see a million 3 and outs and lame duck punts and having to settle for field goals instead of touchdowns in the red zone all the time. 

If the game is on the line I’m taking Haush over 85% of the kickers in the league. 

The punt game is a little trickier and I’m not sure this seasons punter is currently on the roster 

I say we go get this kid...he can kick and punt, and he's only 25 years old.

Vedvik connected on 4-of-4 field-goal attempts, including a 55-yard boot, in Thursday's blowout, a 29-0 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. The 25-year-old also nailed two PATs, and added two punts that averaged 55.5 yards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040434/article/ravens-kicker-kaare-vedvik-ignoring-buzz-of-trade-talk

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040434/article/ravens-kicker-kaare-vedvik-ignoring-buzz-of-trade-talk

Funny you mention this. I’ve always wondered how valuable a kicker would be who can kick and punt. Save a roster spot for another player. Can always just have the backup QB hold on kicks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Funny you mention this. I’ve always wondered how valuable a kicker would be who can kick and punt. Save a roster spot for another player. Can always just have the backup QB hold on kicks. 

Some coach will eventually do it and look like a genius...

Surprised Belichick hasn't done it yet.

(I feel the same way about long snappers too...find an offensive lineman who can long snap and play on the offensive line.)

5 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Don't believe that crap one bit.

Playing hurt seemed like an excuse, especially when he did this in Seattle and now comes out and does the same crap in preseason.

He was 16/17 before the injury...believe what you will but it was a fact he got hurt and a fact the numbers declined after. He is no longer hurt and missed his first live kick by mere inches. No reason to be concerned at this time imo.

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Im not concerned about the kicking game just yet but you upgrade whenever you can and the deal makes sense. I would send them a 7th rounder in a heartbeat if the guy can maintain that sort of production. 

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hauschka needs to look over his shoulder. An UDFA Rookie is much cheaper, booms KO’s into the end zone and perfect so far. Juss sayin’

People tend to dismiss him but that UDFA from Ilinois was the Big Ten kicker of the year in 2018.  Ranked 2nd in the nation last year in 50+ makes and nailed 80% overall,, and no domes in the crappy midwest weather.   So if he does well in preseason here, he may get a crack in the League elsewhere (assuming Hausch gets his mojo back). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Don't believe that crap one bit.

Playing hurt seemed like an excuse, especially when he did this in Seattle and now comes out and does the same crap in preseason.

You...don't believe that there's a connection between Hauschka making 18/20 FGs prior to the hit from Henry Anderson, and then making only 4/8 (while leaving 2 sub-50-yard attempts short) after that hit?

Well, that's interesting to say the least.

As to the OP, yes, I'm concerned about the entirety of the kicking game.

Edited by thebandit27