Special Teams concerns (kickers)

Frez

Is anyone else concerned that our punters or field goal kicker is not up to Par going into this season? I remember last year Steven had his struggles towards the end and our punters the same. After watching last night's game I've seen more of the same. Its safe to say we could see a couple new faces week one in our kicking game. 

• Like (+1) 1

They can cut Bojorkodork today for all I care. The guy sucks.

But....no, I have no worries. Kicker is more than fine and if they need a punter I’m pretty sure a decent one will be cut this pre-season. 

Kicker is fine. Do you know how much rotation of holders can really affect the kicker 

punters there is a legit competition there. At the end of the day really won’t matter to much if we are actually scoring on drives like good teams do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta relax on Hauschka geez it was his first in game kick in over 8 months. ONE bad kick and you are worried? Not even like he missed horribly. He doinked it. Sure it was a 30 whatever yarder but so what. Being concerned about that is silly. His kickoffs were great. Indy's best drive start after a Hauschka kickoff was the 25 on the opening kick. They started behind that for the two kicks following. Again, concerned about what???

As far as punting goes, Carter looked fully capable to do the job, but hey, small sample size as well. His hang time definitely has him winning the competition so far. If a better option becomes available at cut time then I trust Beane to make the move.

All in all...slightly concerned about the punting game....not concerned AT ALL about the kicking game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Gotta relax on Hauschka geez it was his first in game kick in over 8 months. ONE bad kick and you are worried? Not even like he missed horribly. He doinked it. Sure it was a 30 whatever yarder but so what. Being concerned about that is silly. His kickoffs were great. Indy's best drive start after a Hauschka kickoff was the 25 on the opening kick. They started behind that for the two kicks following. Again, concerned about what???

As far as punting goes, Carter looked fully capable to do the job, but hey, small sample size as well. His hang time definitely has him winning the competition so far. If a better option becomes available at cut time then I trust Beane to make the move.

All in all...slightly concerned about the punting game....not concerned AT ALL about the kicking game.

The guy ended last season making 6/11 field goals to come out in preseason and miss another gimme.

This is not the first time in his career where he fell off a cliff.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not worried about Haushka, yet. I do want to see him make some kicks in pre-season though for confidence if nothing else. The punter situation does concern me. I thought Bojo sucked last year when there were folks loving him. I still think he sucks. Carter is a maybe but I can see the Bills starting punter week 1 being a guy who is not currently on the team. 

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The guy ended last season making 6/11 field goals to come out in preseason and miss another gimme.

Exactly my thoughts! 

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Hauschka needs to loosen up.

Hauschka needs to look over his shoulder. An UDFA Rookie is much cheaper, booms KO’s into the end zone and perfect so far. Juss sayin’

I thought I’d be a smartazz and say ‘I’m going out a limb and proclaiming Cory will win the Punting job!’ But now idk if our ‘19 Punter is on the team yet..

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The end of last year he was kicking wounded so.... there is that.

22 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

The end of last year he was kicking wounded so.... there is that.

Don't believe that crap one bit.

Playing hurt seemed like an excuse, especially when he did this in Seattle and now comes out and does the same crap in preseason.

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Don't believe that crap one bit.

Playing hurt seemed like an excuse, especially when he did this in Seattle and now comes out and does the same crap in preseason.

Well, I dont know what to tell you. He was house money before and after the Jets game he didnt play well at all. If you have evidence to the contrary then lets hear it. Otherwise it is just personal opinion.