The improvement of this roster is incredible.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....despite the "fire McBeane...fire Dermott" yipsters, this regime certainly is the best of the seventeen year drought, a conglomeration of misplaced, misguided "F Troop" gang (apologies to Sgt O'Rourke)....hell they have the potential to be better than the Polian era.....never understood why our "clueless Owner" didn't heed the TBD "fire experts".....probably never got the memo....

Wow, I think maybe the defense, but not sure that can be said about the offense.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:40 AM, The Bills Blog said:

Looking at last year's roster after the cut to 53 is shocking:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/01/buffalo-bills-roster-cuts-tracker-2018-53-man-roster-mccarron-trade/1177060002/

What a terrible roster this was. The Bills seem to have made significant improvements at every position except backup linebacker.

Thompson still growing as a linebacker,signed M.Alexander and have two promising rookies

On 8/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Colts aren't a good team in the trenches but the Bills dominated them without their 2 best players Morse and Hughes. Good to see the depth there.

I thought the Colts had one of the better OL in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Element115 said:

Wow, I think maybe the defense, but not sure that can be said about the offense.

....jury is out on offense....BUT......would you say we have far better pieces (albeit on paper) in place/camp than recent memory?..........

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....jury is out on offense....BUT......would you say we have far better pieces (albeit on paper) in place/camp than recent memory?..........

The OL is improved and there are better weapons. This is obviously a good starting point to gradually be revised. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The OL is improved and there are better weapons. This is obviously a good starting point to gradually be revised. 

...sans some injuries, when have we had this kind of depth and when did the final 37 cuts include some good football talent?.....a DECADE+??............

• Like (+1) 1

On paper, these guys have a legitimate chance to be the greatest Bills team of the 21st century (I know, I know...not saying much...just get to 10-6 and be competitive in a wild-card loss and you've won this title). The depth is looking strong at virtually every position except maybe tackle. The 2019 schedule looks very manageable at this early stage of the season. I wish we had an elite #1 WR and elite #1 DE, but I believe Beane will get us those pieces next year. Most importantly, the 2019 Buffalo Bills look like the true definition of a TEAM - guys who actually like each other and like playing together and like working hard every day to achieve a worthy goal - rather than just a haphazard collection of talent like we saw with the Whaley and Donahoe rosters of the past. Just look at the character traits of each of McBeane's first round draft picks to see what I mean: White, Allen, Edmunds, and Oliver.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

On paper, these guys have a legitimate chance to be the greatest Bills team of the 21st century (I know, I know...not saying much...just get to 10-6 and be competitive in a wild-card loss and you've won this title). The depth is looking strong at virtually every position except maybe tackle. The 2019 schedule looks very manageable at this early stage of the season. I wish we had an elite #1 WR and elite #1 DE, but I believe Beane will get us those pieces next year. Most importantly, the 2019 Buffalo Bills look like the true definition of a TEAM - guys who actually like each other and like playing together and like working hard every day to achieve a worthy goal - rather than just a haphazard collection of talent like we saw with the Whaley and Donahoe rosters of the past. Just look at the character traits of each of McBeane's first round draft picks to see what I mean: White, Allen, Edmunds, and Oliver.

Yes. We are getting there. I don't want to sound corny...but this takes time and resources. There will definitely be a gradual influx of  new talent to ad to this core via draft etc. Plus a winning culture attracts players who normally wouldn't want to be here. The Bills suddenly have one heck of a foundation to build upon.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....despite the "fire McBeane...fire Dermott" yipsters, this regime certainly is the best of the seventeen year drought, a conglomeration of misplaced, misguided "F Troop" gang (apologies to Sgt O'Rourke)....hell they have the potential to be better than the Polian era.....never understood why our "clueless Owner" didn't heed the TBD "fire experts".....probably never got the memo....

We’ll see. I won’t be satisfied until we are a super bowl contender. The offense hasn’t been good enough. How about we wait and see before acting like you won something?

18 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes. We are getting there. I don't want to sound corny...but this takes time and resources. There will definitely be a gradual influx of  new talent to ad to this core via draft etc. Plus a winning culture attracts players who normally wouldn't want to be here. The Bills suddenly have one heck of a foundation to build upon.

It doesn't have to take time. There’s no guarantee any team will gradually get better and better over time. They could get worse compared to other teams if they’re not adding the right players. Other teams have draft picks too 

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

We’ll see. I won’t be satisfied until we are a super bowl contender. The offense hasn’t been good enough. How about we wait and see before acting like you won something?

It doesn't have to take time. There’s no guarantee any team will gradually get better and better over time. They could get worse compared to other teams if they’re not adding the right players. Other teams have draft picks too 

We can see what the Bills intend to achieve. No, there are no guarantees in life.

56 minutes ago, Chemical said:

You can see it? Is it a Super Bowl? Because that’s what every team is trying to win. My doubts that they can achieve that come from a series of very poor decisions with offensive personnel. 

Many of us have lived through four Super Bowls already. Without sounding like a homer, I can see that the Bills are attempting to put the best team on the field. Where are players supposed to come from? The Bills have already improved their OL and receiving corps. With the 2020 draft comes the opportunity to progress even more. Build a strong and depth fortified team that will will endure and win in the long haul.

Edited by Rocket94

On 8/9/2019 at 6:27 AM, Azucho98 said:

Rex Grossman went to a super bowl, Trent Dilfer won one.  Its rare but D can carry lousy QB's to the big game.

When on their rookie contracts agree. The problem occurs when QB is just good enough to demand and get high $$ on second contract.  Maybe not super high amount, but high enough that limits your other moves. 

See Ryan Tannerhill, Andy Daulton, Joe Flacco, guy in Detroit, Cam Newton, to name a handful.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:41 AM, RobbRiddick said:

Bortles was carried to the AFC championship

Nah, Bortles played well that year. He wasn't great, but he played above average, which is more than our QB's the last decade+ can say (outside of Orton).

On 8/9/2019 at 4:18 PM, Nextmanup said:

Yep, and these coaching staffs sure as hell don't need to play 4 games to figure out who stays and goes.

The whole thing sucks and should be canned.  There's just no need for it, other than making $$$..but the teams could do that in other ways that are more forgiving to the fans.  

I'm curious, how are you making that determination, exactly?

Just in how they are carrying themselves on the sidelines. I'm not saying it's translating into production on the field but you can definitely see the team chemistry, the D and O seem to be cheering each other on instead of being 2 separate units.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:50 PM, BigDingus said:

Nah, Bortles played well that year. He wasn't great, but he played above average, which is more than our QB's the last decade+ can say (outside of Orton).

Haha, Orton sucked and he was a coward. 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, MichaelAbdallah said:

I love the enthusiasm but I think the 2015 roster is far superior.  

On 8/9/2019 at 4:46 AM, ganesh said:

preseason is a "no-biggie" for confirmed starters.  But for fringe starters, backups and  players on the bubble, it is pretty big.  Let us applaud their effort to make the 53 man roster.

????