The improvement of this roster is incredible.

I was at the game and struggled to find a position group where we are weak. There is legitimate depth across the roster, which comes from being in the 3rd year of competent leadership.

- I am concerned at TE. Not sure all of these parts equal a whole ... Croft's timetable is a mystery, Smith is one-dimensional, Croom was marginal last year, and it is a lot to expect the rookies to be taking regular snaps. I like where the group is headed, just not sure where we are at right now.

- Hoping the punter battle will sort itself out.

Otherwise, I am loving this roster.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, McBean said:

When you have Robert Foster and Eddie Yarborough playing in the third quarter, you know your football team is trending up.

I remember wondering why we had second stringers still playing in the 4th quarter.

6 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Looking at last year's roster after the cut to 53 is shocking:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/01/buffalo-bills-roster-cuts-tracker-2018-53-man-roster-mccarron-trade/1177060002/

What a terrible roster this was. The Bills seem to have made significant improvements at every position except backup linebacker.

Pathetic.  Man, besides the potential of Boettger who ended up on the practice squad for awhile last year, its ridiculous Dawkins and Teller are the only two quality lineman carrying over...and Teller doesn't even start?!  Again, as before, that is ridiculous.

AND we know Dawkins had a down year, which I think was rectified the moment he gave that interview after the season saying tha he has to be more committed and better, and it is showing.

I will stand by what I have said here and other places:  As bad as you think last years offense line was last year it was much, much worse.

"well, well, they made some plays and protected Allen well at times."

Too rarely did they make plays and even when Josh got passes over you could not only see the pocket collapsing, but collapsing in awkward fashion.

Tell me you don't watch other teams around the league, even teams worse than us, and notice the general form when a pocket collapses.  With the Bills it is normally a jail break collapse.

That's why it was so frustrating after the miami game last year to hear Chris and Mike on GR talk about Allen leaving he pocket too early...he left just as the s*** was hitting the fan, and had he stayed without any options that would have been it.  

That play was kept alive because of Allen, not in spite of him and he just got gassed in the Florida heat when he threw it.

They were simply terrible, and sometimes even terrible in games they won.  Thank you defense.

25 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

I was at the game and struggled to find a position group where we are weak. There is legitimate depth across the roster, which comes from being in the 3rd year of competent leadership.

- I am concerned at TE. Not sure all of these parts equal a whole ... Croft's timetable is a mystery, Smith is one-dimensional, Croom was marginal last year, and it is a lot to expect the rookies to be taking regular snaps. I like where the group is headed, just not sure where we are at right now.

- Hoping the punter battle will sort itself out.

Otherwise, I am loving this roster.

Agree 100%

QB - Franchise & A strong backup

OL - 7 deep, all average to above average talents

RB - Deep enough that teams will be monitoring our cuts very closely

WR - No true #1, but there is potential and depth

TE - Tough to gauge given injuries and rookies

DL - Loaded.  Two elite players surrounded by talented rotation pieces 

LB - Two potentially elite players, Lorax and some promising young depth in Thompson/Joseph

CB - One elite corner surrounded by 4-5 talented corners. 

S - One of the best tandems in the NFL.  Decent depth with guys who know the system. 

K - Haushka

P - Hope for the best

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

We looked more organized. Year 3 with this management is showing. We don't get to this point very often.

Lots of regimes here get the third year.

Finishing it is another story.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Because they have Andrew Luck, who wasn't playing...they had Phillip Walker playing.

Their QB1 was out, their RB1 was out (RB2 barely played), WR1, WR3 and WR4 didn't play (WR2 barely played), TE1 and TE2 didn't play...see where this is going?

That was a given. To me, it was their D that looked like an old blanket out there. Holes were found every where..

Edited by badassgixxer05

29 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Because they have Andrew Luck, who wasn't playing...they had Phillip Walker playing.

Their QB1 was out, their RB1 was out (RB2 barely played), WR1, WR3 and WR4 didn't play (WR2 barely played), TE1 and TE2 didn't play...see where this is going?

So you're saying they have no depth?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Lots of regimes here get the third year.

Finishing it is another story.

?

Usually in the 3rd year, they're just waiting to get fired. This team seems to be moving in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FiftyPercent said:

I did see that Feliciano started at C, but thought he was going to be a guard.  I'm a bit confused by the musical o-linemen.  If Ford ends up at RT, is Feliciano back to G?

Position flexibility is a priority for Sean McDermott.  It's quite possible that Feliciano will be a starter at guard, but if Morse goes out, he could move to center.  Right now, it's starting to look more like it will be Ford and Spain at guard and Nsekhe at right tackle, but having pieces you can move around and still be effective gives a team a great advantage when it comes to injuries.  One of the reasons Bodine may not be long for this roster is that while he's a sub par center, he's worse at guard.

....despite the "fire McBeane...fire Dermott" yipsters, this regime certainly is the best of the seventeen year drought, a conglomeration of misplaced, misguided "F Troop" gang (apologies to Sgt O'Rourke)....hell they have the potential to be better than the Polian era.....never understood why our "clueless Owner" didn't heed the TBD "fire experts".....probably never got the memo....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....despite the "fire McBeane...fire Dermott" yipsters, this regime certainly is the best of the seventeen year drought, a conglomeration of misplaced, misguided "F Troop" gang (apologies to Sgt O'Rourke)....hell they have the potential to be better than the Polian era.....

"F Troop" that's pretty bad...sums it up! ?

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....despite the "fire McBeane...fire Dermott" yipsters, this regime certainly is the best of the seventeen year drought, a conglomeration of misplaced, misguided "F Troop" gang (apologies to Sgt O'Rourke)....hell they have the potential to be better than the Polian era.....never understood why our "clueless Owner" didn't heed the TBD "fire experts".....probably never got the memo....

They will say “show me the baby”, and that’s fair. But SO MUCH depends on Josh Allen. We may NOT make the playoffs, but I think it’s hard to argue that this roster hasn’t come a LONG way under the current FO. Getting the Franchise QB is a crap shoot. Everybody knows that. I hope Josh is the guy, but if it turns out he’s not? I give the current FO another shot at it. I know some will disagree, of course. (We can probably guess who right now.) 

P.S. - This is the regime that ENDED the drought! 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

They will say “show me the baby”, and that’s fair. But SO MUCH depends on Josh Allen. We may NOT make the playoffs, but I think it’s hard to argue that this roster hasn’t come a LONG way under the current FO. Getting the Franchise QB is a crap shoot. Everybody knows that. I hope Josh is the guy, but if it turns out he’s not? I give the current FO another shot at it. I know some will disagree, of course. (We can probably guess who right now.) 

P.S. - This is the regime that ENDED the drought! 

...EXACTLY....at least they took a shot....Manuel in the 1st was woefully over drafted...Desperation 101.....and the list of "Who's Who Bills QB's" post Kelly has been renamed the "List of WTF's".....Allen's quote, "this is OUR team and OUR family" says a ton to me about this kid's focus.......he's a Worker Bee SOB to get better no matter what it takes.....a 50 mm arm finessing to a 9 mm level when needed will take time....

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

It really means nothing. 50 of the 53 players are already locked in 

Yep, and these coaching staffs sure as hell don't need to play 4 games to figure out who stays and goes.

The whole thing sucks and should be canned.  There's just no need for it, other than making $$$..but the teams could do that in other ways that are more forgiving to the fans.  

2 hours ago, Yav said:

This team seems to have a swagger about them, something we haven’t seen in a very long time. 

I'm curious, how are you making that determination, exactly?

14 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Looking at last year's roster after the cut to 53 is shocking:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/01/buffalo-bills-roster-cuts-tracker-2018-53-man-roster-mccarron-trade/1177060002/

What a terrible roster this was. The Bills seem to have made significant improvements at every position except backup linebacker.

Thats what creating 50m in dead money will do to a season.